The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 August 2010, 06:02 PM   #1
Lol-x
Facilitator

Aaron Faber

Aaron Faber Gallerys is a rip-off.

They have a website:

http://www.aaronfaber.com

http://www.aaronfaber.com/cms/about___edward_faber.asp

Aaron Faber clearly engages in highly questionable disreputable business practices:

For instance, Aaron Faber offer, for "nominal annual fee" a so-called "Collectors Club" which allegedly "offers a range of services to the serious collector."

Arron Faber want people to pay a so called "nominal annual fee" for privileges that are basically worthless.

Ed Faber touts himself as some kind of legend. However, his reputation based on excellent reliable sources is highly questionable. From a bona fide customers perspective he engages in the most ruthless of sharp business practices.

From a bona fide customers perspective Ed Faber of Arron Faber engages in the most ruthless of sharp business practices treating his customers with total contemptible disrespect.

In my opinion, I would seriously caution anyone to stay away......well away of Aaron Faber. I personally know someone who has been taken down by Ed Faber and Aaron Faber to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars. So they win and you lose.

Aaron Faber exhibit basically zero product knowledge of fine watches. Aaron Faber mislead people into thinking that they are knowledgable when in fact they are far from it.

For those who are may not astute or fully informed or simply those who believe they can trust someone like Aaron Faber..............DONT BE FOOLED.

Aaron Faber only give you the spin that sounds good. For instance a "single quickset" Day-Date they mention claims that you don't have to spin the crown around to get the date.....but they mention nothing about the day. A non-disclosure that is very important.

Aaron Faber and Ed Faber are definitely on my black list. Spread the word. Anyone who is in contact with them should let them know we are onto them and will do whatever it takes to get them to cease their disgraceful, despicable and highly unethical practices.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Lol-x
Facilitator

They basically disclaim any responsibilty for all false claims:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Faber
Aaron Faber disclaims all warranties of any kind, including implied warranties, representations, or endorsements with respect to the site, the service or its content. Aaron Faber expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, title and non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose, with regard to the site, the service, the content and any product or service furnished via the site. Aaron Faber does not warranty that the functions performed by this site or the service will be timely, secure, error-free or uninterrupted or that defects in the site will be corrected. Aaron Faber does not warranty the accuracy or completeness of content. By using this site you acknowledge that any reliance on any such materials, advice, statement or information shall be at your sole risk.
And their geat no warranty policy is sure to leave you without any solution or remedy after you've spent $10,000 for nothing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Faber
Aaron Faber will not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, any direct or indirect damages arising out of the use or inability to use this site, service or content; any transaction conducted or facilitated through this site; any claim attributed to errors or omissions or inaccuracies in the service, site or content. If you are dissatisfied with the site, the service, the content or these terms of use, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the site. If your state law prohibits such limitation of liability, Aaron Faber’s liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law, not to exceed $100.00.
Oh, I'm sorry, I might have overstated things you do actually get $100 even though you may well have relinquished tens of thousands of dollars for something that doesn't stand up to be what it should have been.

WATCH OUT FOR THIS SHARP DEALER

Source: http://www.aaronfaber.com/cms/fine_p...sp?L=fineprint

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

Old 26 August 2010, 06:22 PM   #3
Lol-x
Facilitator

Surely these terms and conditions have to be a joke, but NO they are dead serious.

Aaron Faber wants you to be royally screwed and say thank you for the service.

NO THANK YOU!!!!!

Old 26 August 2010, 06:39 PM   #4
Andad
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
This is a very serious matter people should take action to protect themselves and others.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2010, 06:50 PM   #5
Lol-x
Facilitator

An example of Aaron Faber's seat of the pants illinformed misinformation is their claim that the "helium escape value ..will protect the watch at high altitude pressure".

It's a Sea-Dweller and there is no helium pressure build up at high altitude.

http://www.aaronfaber.com/viewitem.asp?idProduct=1343

A clearer case of a shonky dodgy dealer could not be found.

How do you guys in New York say it.............ITS TOTAL BALONEY!

Old 26 August 2010, 07:37 PM   #6
Johno
"TRF" Member

Its a wonder Ed Faber of Aaron Faber hasn't electrocuted himself with all the dribble gushing from his mouth to the keyboard as he purports to deal this bogus stuff up to potential customers.
Johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2010, 07:50 PM   #7
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Why does Aaron Faber state those kind of one sided terms and conditions that will not pass any consumer laws? Those T&Cs are just bunk.
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2010, 11:18 PM   #8
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2careless View Post
Why does Aaron Faber state those kind of one sided terms and conditions that will not pass any consumer laws? Those T&Cs are just bunk.
Kai I guess the only answer to this is that Aaron Faber don't care what happens once the customers walk out the door and their hard earned cash is safely in Aaron Faber's cash register.

The prey upon the ill-informed and the trusting and decent innocents.

Old 26 August 2010, 11:23 PM   #9
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513s
Thanks for the warning Steve......I sincerely hope that you are not speaking from personal experience......
mcjp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2010, 11:36 PM   #10
Lol-x
Facilitator

No Michael, but I do know a very well respected person who has been seriously deprived of a huge sum of money only to have Aaron Faber retain his money and slam the door in his face.

It's important that we make as many people aware of this as we can. That is the only way we can make Ed Faber and Arron Faber Gallerys become accountable for their actions.

Old 26 August 2010, 11:40 PM   #11
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Good to know. Thanks for posting Steve. Sorry to hear of the issue with your friend.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2010, 11:41 PM   #12
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer I
I've been there a couple of times, they were always polite and courteous. However their high prices are keeping me from buying from them.
kyle L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2010, 11:47 PM   #13
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle L View Post
I've been there a couple of times, they were always polite and courteous. However their high prices are keeping me from buying from them.
Kyle it isn't really difficult to smile nicely and be courteous too someone when Aaron Faber is literally taking tens of thousands of dollars off that innocent customer and offering ZERO (apart from $100) as a remedy for any defect or thing that Aaron Faber does wrong.

Old 26 August 2010, 11:51 PM   #14
Brenngun
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Thank you very much for the notice. Even though their T's & C's would not pass the smell test in a court of law, they're obviously relying on the majority of unsuspecting buyers to not have the resources needed to support protracted and expensive legal action.
Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2010, 11:57 PM   #15
Lol-x
Facilitator

That's a good point Rick

The high-handed arrogance of Aaron Faber shows a 'complete lack of respect for the law' and the rights of innocent reasonable fair minded unsuspecting customers.

Old 26 August 2010, 11:58 PM   #16
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Cheers Stevo.

I can back this up, having been to the brick and mortar shop in NYC. Complete waste of time unless you are gagging for a MOO (Manhattan Once Over).

Don't bother visiting and don't register on their website either
Old 27 August 2010, 12:00 AM   #17
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
They seem to have a good website, good business location and apparently good knowledge of the trade (30 + years).

Has anyone stormed in demanding their $$$ back?
EE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2010, 12:06 AM   #18
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE33 View Post
They seem to have a good website, good business location and apparently good knowledge of the trade (30 + years).

Has anyone stormed in demanding their $$$ back?
Des that's exactly what they play on, Aaron Faber casts the bait and reels the fish in and believe me they do reel in some big fish ($30,000+)

When the customer seeks redress Aaron Faber and Edward Faber slam the door in his face.

Old 27 August 2010, 12:08 AM   #19
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Kyle it isn't really difficult to smile nicely and be courteous too someone when Aaron Faber is literally taking tens of thousands of dollars off that innocent customer and offering ZERO (apart from $100) as a remedy for any defect or thing that Aaron Faber does wrong.

And that innocent customer being me

Ed Faber contacted me about a rare Patek watch which was supposedly brand new. Later he told me it was unsealed which was no problem since I planned on wearing it. When the watch arrived is was obviously well used/worn for many years. Needless to say I did not accept the watch despite his offer to buff it up for me. I gave him the deposit in February. Its now been more than 6 months and despite many phone calls and emails he still has not returned my $$$.

BUYER BEWARE OF ED FABER AT AARON FABER GALLERY IN NYC!@!@!@!@
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2010, 12:09 AM   #20
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
Cheers Stevo.

I can back this up, having been to the brick and mortar shop in NYC. Complete waste of time unless you are gagging for a MOO (Manhattan Once Over).

Don't bother visiting and don't register on their website either
Very good advice Anders

Old 27 August 2010, 12:11 AM   #21
onkyo
Banned

And at around the same time he sold a cream dial explorer II for me and also owes me for that as well .....
Old 27 August 2010, 12:12 AM   #22
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post

I tried on a few pieces while i was there - needless to say I didn't buy - felt well intimidated by the big burly doorman and I bet they use him to scare people into buying

if you want to shop around I suggest going down to 47th street instead, much nicer
Old 27 August 2010, 12:14 AM   #23
DRAWTOOL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M & 16570
Thanks for the heads up! I'd never use them anyway, I'd only buy from my own 'Grey' or from one of the guys here, but It's good to know who the bad guys are!
And you call that a nightmare, ya tosser?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
You just made it into the Tosser Hall of Fame, ya bastid tosser!!
Inducted 3/25/10
DRAWTOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2010, 12:16 AM   #24
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
....I do know a very well respected person who has been seriously deprived of a huge sum of money only to have Aaron Faber retain his money and slam the door in his face.

It's important that we make as many people aware of this as we can. That is the only way we can make Ed Faber and Arron Faber Gallerys become accountable for their actions.
I know of them for years and seen them in many IWJG shows in the past
The idea to do any business with Aaron Faber NEVER even crossed my mind.
TempoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2010, 12:21 AM   #25
Lol-x
Facilitator

Oh man, this is a major scam, what can I say, I'm horrified by Ed Faber and Arron Faber Gallerys' reprehensible business practices.

Until they change their ways and make amends we will not let this go......never, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 27 August 2010, 12:22 AM   #26
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
Quote:

And that innocent customer being me

Ed Faber contacted me about a rare Patek watch which was supposedly brand new. Later he told me it was unsealed which was no problem since I planned on wearing it. When the watch arrived is was obviously well used/worn for many years. Needless to say I did not accept the watch despite his offer to buff it up for me. I gave him the deposit in February. Its now been more than 6 months and despite many phone calls and emails he still has not returned my $$$.

Quote:
And at around the same time he sold a cream dial explorer II for me and also owes me for that as well .....

Sorry to know of your stress! atleast he should be sent a link of this thread and made aware how is 30+ yrs name goin to the bin! Stupid person! its so simple for him to refund and rebuff the watch and sell it as preowned!
Old 27 August 2010, 12:25 AM   #27
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
Quote:
Des that's exactly what they play on, Aaron Faber casts the bait and reels the fish in and believe me they do reel in some big fish ($30,000+)

When the customer seeks redress Aaron Faber and Edward Faber slam the door in his face.
Interesting Steve, The Fish with the serious coin to spend on a time piece and also the others alike don't like to be dealt a dud deal especially NOT in NYC!

How the Hell did they manage to operate for such a period??? without spoiling their reputation earlier?
My grand dad told me something 30 years ago and it has stuck..... 'When an animal dies, it leaves it's skin behind.....when a man dies he leaves his name' , as in reputation....obviously they are still alive

Edit: The response from the members who know or have dealt with this company is overwhelming!!!
EE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2010, 12:25 AM   #28
Idle Swede
Suspended

Sorry to hear this Pav, hope it works out.

I've been to their store several times and like big A I never even thought of buying from them.
Idle Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2010, 12:36 AM   #29
chris russell
Banned

Watch: your mouth.
You seem royally cheesed off at these people. Can you give us the specifics,

(without the customer's name, of course), of the instance where the customer was taken down to the tune of tens of thousands? Thanks very much.
chris russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2010, 12:47 AM   #30
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris russell View Post
(without the customer's name, of course), of the instance where the customer was taken down to the tune of tens of thousands? Thanks very much.
That be me..... and no problem knowing my name.... see my above post. He is holding many tens of thousands of dollars of mine. He tried to use the old 'bait and switch' on me which I caught on immediately and refused the watch.