The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 31 January 2024, 10:28 AM   #1
DrNick55
"TRF" Member

Christopher Ward Bel Canto broken promises

Another disgruntled Christopher Ward Bel Canto customer here. Just got an email, supposedly from Mike France…the CEO of Christopher Ward. They are delaying my order (placed on 12/21/22) for March 2024. This is the fifth delay!. I think they just can’t deliver. They supplied the YouTubers and social media influencers with Bel Cantos to pump their marketing, and now can’t get the watches we paid for delivered. Smells like fund raising and interest collecting campaign to me. I will never buy another watch from this company. They sell Sellita movements in pretty cases. Everything else they say is broken promises.
DrNick55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 11:52 AM   #2
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear that. I know quite a few people that ordered their Bel Cantos after December 2024 and received theirs a while ago. What color did you order?
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 12:38 PM   #3
ads75
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sinn 900 Flieger
It sucks it has been delayed that much, but if they are having parts issues, there isn't much they can do. And if they are delaying because they are having Quality Control issues, I would rather have them get those fixed than push sub-par watches out the door. All that being said, they should certainly give you the chance to cancel and get a refund.

I do see the OP has a post total of "2". I don't want to discount their post but sometimes people (on all forums in general) with very low post counts are more likely to "angry post" if things are going exactly as they think it should, or they have other motives. If their order has been delayed five times with no explanation (or even some explanations) I would be annoyed also. (I know I have a relative post count also, at least I have a decent join time).
ads75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 03:53 PM   #4
John Doyle
"TRF" Member

I would cancel the order immediately if i were you.
John Doyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 04:01 PM   #5
Watch-Geek
2024 Pledge Member

I'm one of those YouTubers they "supplied" Bel Canto to, and it was a couple of wacthes circulating among all the YouTubers.
You don't get to keep it, you don't get to keep any CW, they only offer 30% discount if I choose to get one of the models I review.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk
Watch-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2024, 02:33 AM   #6
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Like you, had to wait and wait, yet that happens. Demand probably is far higher than expected. Am not a YouTuber, just ordered very very fast the moment the purple dial email arrived. Your choice on keeping or punting and whatever you feel is best do it. Imho it is a fun and unique timepiece that really works well within the collection. Feels nice on the wrist too, the bracelet even includes an easy way to slightly adjust sizing.

Just mho. ymmv.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2024, 02:49 AM   #7
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
I'd cancel the order. I had this happen with the Omega Snoopy 50th. Prepaid in full with a Boutique and was told 6 months, then a year, then we aren't sure. I got my money back. Ended up getting one a few months later from my local AD.
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2024, 01:24 PM   #8
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingularity7 View Post
Sorry to hear that. I know quite a few people that ordered their Bel Cantos after December 2024 and received theirs a while ago. What color did you order?
Sounds like they ordered it in the future
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 02:34 AM   #9
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
Sounds like they ordered it in the future
my bad, I meant December 2022*
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 02:59 PM   #10
gptwc
"TRF" Member

I ordered the Bel Canto Peach Gold Dial in December 2022 once the order link was published. It was supposed to be delivered in November 2023, but I received an email in May 2023 stating that the ETA would be in March 2024. I sent an email last week, and they confirmed that the ETA is still March 2024. I have one more week to wait. Can anyone share when they received the email requesting payment and when they actually received the watch?
gptwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 10:59 AM   #11
Allanmodel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Still Looking....!
That's Bad on the deliverer date!!!
A lot of us have his experience before so it's normal practice to them.

Hope you all get a good watch with loud chime sound and not like mine.
Allanmodel is offline   Reply With Quote