The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 July 2007, 08:13 AM   #1
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
FYI about helping you all out in getting a Rolex.

I have a great AD here and they have been very generous to members here. I myself have bought 4 Rolex from them and have established a great relationship with all the staff there from the Manager on down. They are the oldest AD in my city and they are trustworthy and they do the right thing by us.

They do not offer discounts to customers straight off the street. However over time I have told them that they could sell many Rolex through referrals to them of members here. However, I made it clear to them that the people here are serious about thier Rolex. Near fanatical. Trully passionate about thier Rolex. Also highly educated and empowered with thier knowledge about Rolex. With that said, I told them that because of no sales tax here in this State that with a reasonable discount they could sell many Rolex to members here who would cherish them and really appreciate them. Thus generating even more business for them

To this date (and I have not kept count) about 7 members have bought Rolex from them. They have agreed to discount 10% off of most Rolex. The only exceptions lately have been only 7% on the SeaDweller and SS Sub/Sub Date. They used to offer 10% on those, but quite frankly they can sell those models at full price to customers off the street.. They are the most popular models and sell themselves.

They have offered more than 10% on solid gold and platinum models. Most TT are 10%. They have agreed to sell thier LV to anyone here and not hoard it.

I want you all to understand. I get nothing from them for this. I am not affiliated with them in any way. They are just a bunch of good people that have earned my trust.

Also, they will not ship. You must pick up the watch or have someone pick it up for you.

I will not pick it up and ship it for you. I don't mind doing it as logistically it is no big deal. However over time if even one watch does not make it to its rightful owner from some theft or shipping error I would feel horrible.

I have only agreed to assist one member with shipping. That was Chad (Leopardprey.) I only did it for him because he was leaving for Afghanistan in three days from the time of purchase. Then when the watch arrived (safely) there was a slight scratch/defect on the dial that could only be seen under a loupe or in outdoor lighting. Obviously we only examined the watch indoors and without a loupe prior to my shipping it to him. He sent it back and the AD has been really stand up in having it taken care of and returned to him to his satisfaction.

Many of you have asked me to help you get a Rolex at a good price. I am more than happy to do it, but if you cannot pick it up or have someone pick it up I can't help you. I don't want to be responsible for any shipping mishaps and I don't want to have a Rolex get to you and then you not be satisfied. Although in Chad's case he had the watch for a few days before even he saw the scratch.

So cheers to all you guys and there it is. Happy to help any of you if I can.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2007, 08:31 AM   #2
Rubenonfire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
This is SO well received. Thanks, Tom!
Hopefully at the end of this year or for my next birthday we'll be tipping one back while I admire my new Ex-II.
Rubenonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2007, 08:45 AM   #3
Gaijin

Exp II is a gauranteed 10% off. No sales tax. $4500 out the door.
Old 9 July 2007, 09:15 AM   #4
Obsession
Banned

Watch: Tissot Seastar
I think that your discounts are exactly same as in the AD in Geneva, but very very good if you compare prices in USA.
Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2007, 10:45 AM   #5
Gaijin

I want you all to know that the reason why I worked hard to set this up is because the other ADs in my city refused to discount. The mark up on Rolex is astronomical, so I knew they had room. They were just greedy. Oh well, their loss. They also fudged me mercilessy ("Oh, Sorry, Rolex does not allow us to discount") bs...cough cough... bs.

After becoming a member here and learning that discounts are available and not against Rolex's rules I foraged through the BS to find a great AD.

Last edited by Lol-x; 9 July 2007 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: language
Old 9 July 2007, 10:58 AM   #6
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust
Please let me know which state you are in. Is it in the South?
Thurnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2007, 11:13 AM   #7
Robb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR
I dont blame you Tom. I would feel the same way if I got someone a deal and shipped it to them and some freak thing happened on the way.

It puts you in a position to feel responsible for the watch until it is in their hands, and that is not your problem to deal with..
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2007, 12:43 PM   #8
iSellJerseyShore
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master IIc
Icon3

Thanks for doing the negotiating!!!

What State/City is this AD located in?

-Frankie
iSellJerseyShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2007, 04:51 PM   #9
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurnau View Post
Please let me know which state you are in. Is it in the South?

Oregon.
Old 9 July 2007, 05:12 PM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
You're a good tosser, Tom!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2007, 06:02 PM   #11
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Thanks for all your help Kansaivet! Much appreciated. No fault of you for how it worked out. Bad part was the AD set the watch to the local time and wound up the watch and the time you picked it up the hour hand was covering the mark. Plus hard to see if not shining bright light on the dial or in Sunlight. But, once in bright sunlight easily visible.

One little correction though, had the watch in my possesion for less than 24 hours when noticed the scratch on the dial. Got the watch Saturday afternoon, and noticed the scratch when finally went outside in the Sunlight on Sunday morning. Called the AD Monday morning and they were very apologetic and helpful, and then shipped the watch back to the AD on Tuesday.

Figures, most Rolexs do not have flaws, and I get one with a flaw right before leaving overseas! Just my bad luck. The AD now will have to ship to me in Afghanistan and make sure they insure the hell out of it!
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2007, 06:13 PM   #12
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
You're a good tosser, Tom!!
Finally I am a Tosser!

Well, I guess I have been one for many years, just not officially here!
Old 9 July 2007, 06:13 PM   #13
Gaijin

Chad, when you are happy with the watch, I will be happy.
Old 9 July 2007, 06:24 PM   #14
ADISMO
Banned

Watch: Seadweller
nice
ADISMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2007, 07:33 PM   #15
ROGU808

You are the best Tom!
No Ka Oi!!

Sorry...I don't know how to say "tosser" in Hawaiian...hehehe
ROGU808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2007, 02:00 AM   #16
redmoon

I too had a tough time getting an AD to give me a discount on my DJ in the US. They were like OK we will give you 5-7% on the watch and then you have to pay 5% MA state tax...Come on

I finally had some connections with an AD in Hong Kong who got me a fresh piece (not displayed in the store) for 22% below MRP (plus no tax in HK)

it was a pain as I had to ask someone to carry it for me from HK but it was well worth it
redmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2007, 05:37 AM   #17
Gaijin

I had some free time the other day, so I went into a diferent Rolex AD just to look around. Saw a Daytona TT that I liked and the pushy saleswoman insisted I sit down and try it on and told me over and over I could walk out with it today. Just for fun (because I knew what the answer from this store would be) I asked "How much of a discount can you offer?" Her answer "Oh no, sorry, we are not allowed to discount these fine timepieces." "We don't need to either because they sell so well."

Bye, have a nice day and thanks for your time.
Old 10 July 2007, 06:13 AM   #18
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Good gesture, Tom

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2007, 10:58 AM   #19
Han

I can certainly vouch for Tom's AD (I am one of the member that benefited from his help). The whole buying process was pleasant.

The service @ the AD was great (with no pushy sales types). After my transaction was completed, I still had time to peruse other watches (Panerais, Cartiers, etc).

The discount for my TTBluSub was 10% off MSRP and best of all ... NO SALES TAX!

Tom!
Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2007, 11:26 AM   #20
GrandDaddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
I had some free time the other day, so I went into a diferent Rolex AD just to look around. Saw a Daytona TT that I liked and the pushy saleswoman insisted I sit down and try it on and told me over and over I could walk out with it today. Just for fun (because I knew what the answer from this store would be) I asked "How much of a discount can you offer?" Her answer "Oh no, sorry, we are not allowed to discount these fine timepieces." "We don't need to either because they sell so well."

Bye, have a nice day and thanks for your time.
Are their initials BB?
GrandDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2007, 11:47 AM   #21
bearzod
"TRF" Member

Thanks for extending your generous offer.

I saw an earlier post from you regarding the new-model SS GMT at your AD. Unfortunately I did not see it when it was first posted. Two questions:

1.) What kind of discount (if any) would your AD give on that model the next time they get one in?
2.) With what frequency are they getting them in stock?

Thank you!
bearzod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2007, 12:08 PM   #22
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDaddy View Post
Are their initials BB?

Yes as a matter of fact they are. What a coincidence! BB!
Old 10 July 2007, 12:12 PM   #23
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearzod View Post
Thanks for extending your generous offer.

I saw an earlier post from you regarding the new-model SS GMT at your AD. Unfortunately I did not see it when it was first posted. Two questions:

1.) What kind of discount (if any) would your AD give on that model the next time they get one in?
2.) With what frequency are they getting them in stock?

Thank you!

No discount on that Baby probably for a long time. However I will keep on them. They have only gotten one in and I think had 6 people that wanted it, not counting members here. Funny thing is they called me and offered it to me. I did not want it and turned them down. I guess I did not realize how hard it would be to get. Don't know that I would have felt ok getting it and then selling it to someone here for a profit though.

If I had known so many of you wanted it maybe we could have worked something out. I am guessing that they are only offering it to people who they know.
Old 10 July 2007, 02:58 PM   #24
walds11
"TRF" Member

Any SS Daytonas? at MSRP :)
walds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2007, 03:37 PM   #25
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Any SS Daytonas? at MSRP :)

Aaaaah. Yea, right.

Sorry, did not mean to be a smartass.
Old 11 July 2007, 07:03 AM   #26
Teofilo

Watch: 14060M,16710 PEPSI
Tom, you need to be moving to England and developing a relationship with an AD here......preferably within driving distance of Newmarket........
By the way, what does "Kansaivet" refer to ?
Teofilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2007, 11:17 AM   #27
Gaijin

Kansai is basically Western Japan. I lived there for 4 years and loved it. I am also a US Army military veteran. Kind of combined the two.
Old 11 July 2007, 04:44 PM   #28
jhelms
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub / SS DJ
How do they get around sales tax without shipping? Just curious, fine deal though - thank you for putting that out there for us!
jhelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2007, 05:53 PM   #29
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Oregon has no sales tax. Period.

But, it is a weird state, they also have no-self service gas stations. All Gas stations have attendants that fill your tanks, check your oil and wash your windows - just like in the good old days!
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2007, 09:07 PM   #30
Robb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR
[QUOTE=leopardprey;255423

But, it is a weird state, they also have no-self service gas stations. All Gas stations have attendants that fill your tanks, check your oil and wash your windows - just like in the good old days![/QUOTE]

WHAT!!! You dont ever hear of that anymore.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote