The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 1 May 2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Paco

Icon20 Problematic: Pic Request Pls. 116710 and 116610 (LN's)

Good day to all of u rolex lovers.
I'm a new here but been a regular fan of the this wonderful forum.
I had a problem of choosing between these two great iconic watches. Dunno if there's something wrong with me?, but i can't put off these two watches out my mind. Also been in my dreams these past weeks. Is it normal or what? do these happening happened also in you guys? I need answers please

Also the bottom line, can you link me to photos of my request on (diff) wrist please. I'm on now on page 18 of the gallery, sadly didn't find it side by side for comparison.

Thanks in advance to all of you rolex veterans..

Last edited by Paco; 1 May 2012 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: incomplete
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Ozzy12
"TRF" Member

Here are some shots of my 16610LV and 116710LN. These are some old shots as the GMT did not last very long. I used to be over on TZ a lot and I was the first one on there to get a hold of the new Ceramic which is partially why I bought it, but after the novelty wore off it did not have enough uniqueness over the sub; the green on the dial print and GMT hand doesn't help because now it was just two green and black watches. I got rid of the GMT about a month or two later. In some of these pics the GMT appears a lot more substantial than the Sub, but it doesn't wear that much bigger. It is not going to feel like a Breitling Super Avenger or even a Yachtmaster II on your wrist. Enjoy and hopes this helps.

Btw, if it were me and I had neither I would first try to find a LV (swap the bezel to black if you want to) or if you don't want to go the LV route I would go then to the GMT over the standard Sub-Date. The 116710 GMT does have a heftier (read as more quality) feel to the bracelet namely. The LV is more unique IMHO, which is why I would and did pick it over the GMT, but if I couldn't get an LV I would be GMT all the way. Also, if you don't like the polished center links, some guys have brushed them and they look amazing! Best of luck.
Ozzy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2012, 07:25 AM   #3
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg both 1.JPG (43.7 KB, 486 views)
File Type: jpg sub 2.JPG (35.0 KB, 484 views)
File Type: jpg sub wrist 1.JPG (40.4 KB, 478 views)
File Type: jpg GMTIIc1.JPG (41.1 KB, 480 views)
File Type: jpg GMTIIc9.JPG (31.1 KB, 483 views)
File Type: jpg GMTIIc3.JPG (39.7 KB, 480 views)

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy12 View Post
Here are some shots of my 16610LV and 116710LN. These are some old shots as the GMT did not last very long. I used to be over on TZ a lot and I was the first one on there to get a hold of the new Ceramic which is partially why I bought it, but after the novelty wore off it did not have enough uniqueness over the sub; the green on the dial print and GMT hand doesn't help because now it was just two green and black watches. I got rid of the GMT about a month or two later. In some of these pics the GMT appears a lot more substantial than the Sub, but it doesn't wear that much bigger. It is not going to feel like a Breitling Super Avenger or even a Yachtmaster II on your wrist. Enjoy and hopes this helps.

Btw, if it were me and I had neither I would first try to find a LV (swap the bezel to black if you want to) or if you don't want to go the LV route I would go then to the GMT over the standard Sub-Date. The 116710 GMT does have a heftier (read as more quality) feel to the bracelet namely. The LV is more unique IMHO, which is why I would and did pick it over the GMT, but if I couldn't get an LV I would be GMT all the way. Also, if you don't like the polished center links, some guys have brushed them and they look amazing! Best of luck.
thanks for your insights regarding the two. the hype, looks and all of the gmt 2c really grows on me, but as you said when the 'novelty' wores off i'm afraid i'll feel some kind of regret. hope it won't,... really tough.
Old 15 May 2012, 10:38 PM   #5
Paco

@ Puds:

thanks for the wonderful pics. that is the picture i am really looking. awesome shot sir..