The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 August 2024, 11:16 PM   #1
Redfoot
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR 126710
Michigan/Somerset Mall Rolex Update

Went to the mall over the weekend, and saw that Tappers Jewelry will soon have a stand-alone Rolex boutique on the South side in addition to their currently being remodeled storefront on the North side.

Looks like it will be a good sized store- and a nice addition to the high end shops on the South Side. Omega had a store there that closed a few years ago. Tappers is also an Omega AD, but they said they will not have Omega at the Somerset locations.

The North store is expanding to almost 10,000 SF, and will have a boutique feel with Panerai, Cartier, Tudor, JLC, and a few others having their own door entries from the mall or inside the store, the SA I spoke to was not 100% on the plans. I am excited for the larger dedicated Tudor space.

They did say they were working on obtaining other brands- I asked if the names started with PP, and the SA laughed, but did not say no!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tappers_Somerset.jpg (104.9 KB, 603 views)
Redfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 12:23 AM   #2
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

I've since moved from Michigan but not surprised to hear the Omega AD closing down; one of their salespeople was extremely snobbish, quite unlike most other Omega stores.

I also know Tappers closed off their Omega section in the Novi mall some time ago too, I wonder what's going on there.

Cool to see Rolex getting more of a presence at the Somerset mall, interesting placement next to a chinese fastfood restaurant though :p
gamingdoctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 12:55 AM   #3
rmagoo57
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
I thought the South location is temporary while the North store gets remodeled?? We shall see.

The Novi mall store closed - they relocated to a beautiful, new stand-alone store at 8 mile and Haggerty. They sell Rolex, Rolex CPO, Omega, Tudor, Seiko, Breitling, Cartier and probably more. Very nice store!
rmagoo57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 03:01 AM   #4
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
Tappers won't be getting Patek
I am excited for the grand opening which my SA (the owner) told me I will be invited to.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 03:24 AM   #5
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

I’m excited to see the new layout and hopefully bigger, fuller displays at the north side location. I don’t really see the need for the separate Rolex boutique since they won’t have much on display. Though I’m sure it will be beautiful. Maybe they’ll have a large CPO are… we’ll see!!!

The Tudor display was pretty lacking last time I was there. I bought my BB58N there and I think I was building a pretty good relationship with a manager, I was excited about the possibilities of that. Unfortunately, he seems to have left :/ Now I feel like I have to start over…

I also had a great experience at the Omega Boutique and was sad to see that go. But I thought it was replaced by another store which now carried Omega??? Maybe that didn’t last long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 11:45 AM   #6
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Tappers at Novi is still an AD for Omega!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 11:55 AM   #7
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingdoctor View Post
Cool to see Rolex getting more of a presence at the Somerset mall, interesting placement next to a chinese fastfood restaurant though :p
I wouldn’t say PF Chang’s is a fast food restaurant. It is certainly a chain, but with sit down, white table cloth service and not fast food in the pejorative sense.
Old 21 August 2024, 07:25 PM   #8
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Nice for folks in the area
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 07:53 PM   #9
geoach
"TRF" Member

Watch: one I'm wearing
they just might get PP Ahee has tumble weeds rolling in the store is in the wrong area to sell PP no ones in the store I live a block away so I know.....
geoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 09:04 PM   #10
Jets_fan44
"TRF" Member

Watch: And Learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T View Post
I wouldn’t say PF Chang’s is a fast food restaurant. It is certainly a chain, but with sit down, white table cloth service and not fast food in the pejorative sense.

Clearly, he’s never been to PF Chang’s
Jets_fan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 09:50 PM   #11
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good to see.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 10:02 PM   #12
77T

Quote:

True, but his point about "place" in a Marketing sense is apt. That is, regarding next door to a restaurant.

No matter the restaurant brand, there will be cross airflow of various food prep aromas that nobody can predict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2024, 10:26 PM   #13
Redfoot
"TRF" Member

Good stuff, and yes Tappers is an Omega AD at their new Novi store- I got my Speedy there right when they opened. Beautiful place. Great family, excellent service and their stores are always immaculate.

It is right next to P.F Changs, I included that in the pic as I thought it was kind of funny, but also right by Hermes, Christian Louboutin, Ferragamo, LV, Gucci, Prada coming soon, etc. It's definitely in the right place.

The temporary location is right across the hall from this new Rolex boutique, and I believe it will close once the remodel is done on the other side of mall.

Forgot to add, Tag and Breitling both opened boutiques on the other side, so I don't think Tappers will not be carrying those lines at the remodeled store, but they will have Grand Seiko, which I missed in original post.
Old 21 August 2024, 10:32 PM   #14
Redfoot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoach View Post
they just might get PP Ahee has tumble weeds rolling in the store is in the wrong area to sell PP no ones in the store I live a block away so I know.....
I used to live very close as well and knew some of the Ahee's- it seems the store has not been the same since they lost Rolex.

Yes, those old Grosse Pointer's are wearing their same Datejust from 1976 or a Timex hahaha. I watch homes on Zillow in that area, and it is astonishing how so many are time capsules. People live there for 50+ years and never update a thing.
Old 21 August 2024, 10:33 PM   #15
Redfoot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
Tappers won't be getting Patek
I am excited for the grand opening which my SA (the owner) told me I will be invited to.
Cool!
Old 21 August 2024, 10:51 PM   #16
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
True, but his point about "place" in a Marketing sense is apt. That is, regarding next door to a restaurant.

No matter the restaurant brand, there will be cross airflow of various food prep aromas that nobody can predict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That I get…
Old 22 August 2024, 01:20 AM   #17
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Michigan/Somerset Mall Rolex Update

Quote:

I can verify this. P.F. Chang’s is a very nice restaurant, and on the pricey side. It’s a national chain, usually found in upscale indoor or outdoor malls. If you have access to one, check it out.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 04:44 AM   #18
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I can verify this. P.F. Chang’s is a very nice restaurant, and on the pricey side. It’s a national chain, usually found in upscale indoor or outdoor malls. If you have access to one, check it out.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P.F Chang’s is to Asian food what Olive Garden is to Italian food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 06:02 AM   #19
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

I'll have to admit, the last PF Chang's I've been to was at least 10 years ago in Disney World. It tasted like fast food to me, so I've assumed that was the standard in all of their locations.

Maybe I'll take a second look someday.
gamingdoctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2024, 06:16 AM   #20
Jets_fan44
"TRF" Member

Watch: And Learn
Yeah, all the dishes at PF Chang's in Aruba was too salty.
Jets_fan44 is offline   Reply With Quote