The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 May 2007, 09:42 AM   #1
amanda
Banned

RSC Question....

As you've no doubt seen.. I've got a 15yr old AK in my posession which I'm keen on buying. I want to get the RSC to cast an eye over it just to see what it'll cost to get a service (its 15yrs old so probably due now ) so its ready for more wear and tear (John knows this already)

With their quote does it have a time limit for the quote price.. ie they quote me $xxx and that lasts 30 days? Or is it a then and there scenario? Also do they charge you for the quote if you do not have the work carried out ad pick up the watch?

When I went into the RSC I got railroaded by the woman there... and they are doing a quote for me now.. I didnt get to ask her these questions!
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2007, 10:27 AM   #2
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
I know at Dallas they do an estimate with no charge Amanda. When they do the estimate they give you a time frame as well.

They have been quick in my dealings with them. Best of luck.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2007, 10:44 AM   #3
montecristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 DateJust
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
With their quote does it have a time limit for the quote price.. ie they quote me $xxx and that lasts 30 days? Or is it a then and there scenario? Also do they charge you for the quote if you do not have the work carried out ad pick up the watch?

When I went into the RSC I got railroaded by the woman there... and they are doing a quote for me now.. I didnt get to ask her these questions!
Once they give you the quote, you decide if you want to do the service or not.
If you choose not to go through with the service, you take the watch back and the next time you go in, unless something has changed usually you will get quoted the same price for the same work. (but they need to re-estimate again)
montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2007, 11:35 AM   #4
syahriltaher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
Hi Amanda,

Normally when I bring my watch to RSC, they will give you the estimation within less than 10 minutes. Then it would be up to you whether to have your watch serviced by them or not.

But I strongly believe that if you decide not to give them your watch to them right a way, because maybe you would like to get the second opinion first from your friends or family, then you come back again to them within 2-3 days, they will keep the same price.

Regards,
- Rolex RG Daytona 116505 - Rolex SS Submariner "Hulk" - Rolex SS Sky Dweller "Black Dial" - Rolex SS GMT Master II 16710 "Coke" - Rolex GMT Master II CHNR "Rootbeer" TT - Rolex SS Daytona Ceramic 116500LN "Black Dial" - Rolex 126710 "New Batman" 2022 - Rolex SS/WG Datejust 41 126334 "Blue Roman" - Panerai "PAM 88" GMT - Omega New Moonwatch 3861
syahriltaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2007, 12:05 PM   #5
amanda
Banned

Thanks guys.

Well I'd like to have the watch for a few weeks, see how it runs.... enjoy it as is - take some photos and of course PAY FOR IT... then have it serviced... as I said above, when I went in I had the intention of having a chat with them and then next thing I know I walk out without the watch and them doing an estimate - ha oh well they'll get the job for sure but maybe in a month.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote