The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 July 2024, 05:06 AM   #1
msdaytona
"TRF" Member

Rolex Gifts from Vancouver ADs

I'm interested in knowing what Rolex-branded gifts people got when they bought their Rolex from a Vancouver BC dealer (Montecristo, Lugaro, Rolex Boutique GWC, and Palladio). Please indicate:
1. Which Rolex you bought
2. When you bought it
3. Which AD
4. What was the gift you got

Thank you
msdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 09:06 AM   #2
funkright
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs. All of them!
Icon6 Heh....?

Gifts? I'd be happy to get a watch from one of those stores.

They actually sell Rolex's in those stores? Could've fooled me!

I've bought 2 so far, grey, in the same time I have been on their waiting lists (several years for most of the dealers mentioned). So, I paid a bit more but I have had several years of wear in the mean time. I aint getting any younger, so the horizon of utility is diminishing (so to speak). Really, just looking for a two tone Sky Dweller (white dial).

Money is not the problem here, but mine didn't seem to be good enough. Being a Valley Boy means I am not in the city as much as many, perhaps that's the reason; not frequently stopping in and 'keeping up the AD relationship' or dropping of the obligatory gifts or cards?

Now, to be fair, they did offer my a PM GMT and PM Sky Dweller, but if I step into that category or price bandwidth it isn't going to be a Rolex. And, lately, they have pinged me to see if there's still interest. I will give them that.

There's interest, yes, for what I want to buy. Perhaps the demand is waining. Waiting for things to wash out a bit more, a reckoning may one day come

Apologies for the ramblings...

Good luck on those GWPs, I will follow this thread with interest
funkright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 09:19 AM   #3
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaytona View Post
I'm interested in knowing what Rolex-branded gifts people got when they bought their Rolex from a Vancouver BC dealer (Montecristo, Lugaro, Rolex Boutique GWC, and Palladio). Please indicate:
2. When you bought it
3. Which AD

Thank you

I don’t know about where you live, but a gift is not always given, with a new Rolex in the US. We are served wine and chocolates sometimes. Some buyers aren’t even offered a drink of water. On a very unusual visit to my AD recently, I was given a really nice set of Rolex pens. I was just checking in, regarding my next desired allocation. I think each AD’s gift giving habits are totally arbitrary, no matter the country or location.

KAT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 09:20 AM   #4
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

When I go into my AD, he offers water, soda, coffee, etc. When I bought the Sub LV he gave me the Rolex magazine. I already had a copy of it.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 10:16 AM   #5
funkright
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs. All of them!
Sorry, I should have mentioned, when I stopped into Montedristo a few weeks ago while at Richmond Centre the sales person did give me the Rolex magazine.

I didn’t even ask! Maybe the tides are turning…
funkright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 01:34 PM   #6
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
The gift’s surely should be secondary to what you are actually chasing
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 02:15 PM   #7
Carguy87

Watch: JC 126660
Hi msdaytona, not in Vancouver but here in the states I did get a pretty sweet Rolex pen. My SA has also made sure I get a copy of the newest Rolex magazine when it comes out.

He got me a bottle of Johnny Walker blue label too for my birthday but I don’t think that counts as a Rolex gift lol.

Purchase there was my BLNR, my Tudor opaline GMT, and a bunch of jewelry for my better half.

Since I see you’re in Vancouver maybe I could trouble you to post or PM me your thoughts on a thread I have up in open discussion? I’m headed out your way in December and would love some local insight

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=953271
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 03:23 PM   #8
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Other than a catalogue and magazine which I politely declined they got me a coffee whilst I was waiting for the watchmaker changing the dial into the one the Mrs wanted .
Old 21 July 2024, 05:05 PM   #9
bmwmcab
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkright View Post
Gifts? I'd be happy to get a watch from one of those stores.

They actually sell Rolex's in those stores? Could've fooled me!

I've bought 2 so far, grey, in the same time I have been on their waiting lists (several years for most of the dealers mentioned). So, I paid a bit more but I have had several years of wear in the mean time. I aint getting any younger, so the horizon of utility is diminishing (so to speak). Really, just looking for a two tone Sky Dweller (white dial).

Money is not the problem here, but mine didn't seem to be good enough. Being a Valley Boy means I am not in the city as much as many, perhaps that's the reason; not frequently stopping in and 'keeping up the AD relationship' or dropping of the obligatory gifts or cards?

Now, to be fair, they did offer my a PM GMT and PM Sky Dweller, but if I step into that category or price bandwidth it isn't going to be a Rolex. And, lately, they have pinged me to see if there's still interest. I will give them that.

There's interest, yes, for what I want to buy. Perhaps the demand is waining. Waiting for things to wash out a bit more, a reckoning may one day come

Apologies for the ramblings...

Good luck on those GWPs, I will follow this thread with interest
Exactly! Been on the waitlist on the downtown dealer for 3 years and no calls. Drop in from time to time and still nothing. Went into Montecristo a few months back and was offered a two-toned sub and couldn’t pass it up. I find it has more character than the steel sub.
bmwmcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 05:43 PM   #10
bibbi
"TRF" Member

In my country (only one Rolex AD with multiple boutiques across the country) gifts are only given to PM Rolex purchases.

bibbi
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 05:47 PM   #11
Rafabond
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor, etc
I have been very lucky on this subject, I have the box to put 12 watches, leather travel cases of one and two watches, perfumes, keychains, a jacket, tie, umbrellas, card holders, cap of different colors, etc., I could almost set up a store. We're talking about Spain, where I'm from.
Rafabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 06:00 PM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaytona View Post
2. When you bought it
3. Which AD

Thank you
I would be far more interested in buying and getting the watch than getting any sort of AD Rolex promotional stuff.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 07:12 PM   #13
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexPatekCartier
In USA, I have gotten a Rolex Tie, Traveling case 2 watches, Pen with my initials, hat, folding umbrella, work scarf, of course getting sparking, champagne and chocolates it’s typical with my AD.

Patek, I have gotten traveling cases, a couple of times.
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 08:17 PM   #14
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
No experience in Canada. In the US I have received pens, mini bottles of champagne, chocolates, books and magazines. I’ve also received invites to numerous private events inside the ADs which included food and free drinks.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 08:25 PM   #15
Neil McCauley
Banned

I’m a stickler for little extra “freebies” lol - I hoard things like that for no reason whatsoever so it’s always nice to get something fun.

However, I’m jealous, my AD hardly ever gives me anything extra lol, I’m jealous of you guys! Haha
Neil McCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 10:46 PM   #16
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Never been to Vancouver, but I did get a Rolex umbrella and a nice travel pouch from my AD when I bought my TTSD.

Just asked if they had anything and they came up with these.

Bought 4 watches from my previous AD, asked for something every time and received sweet FA.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 02:43 AM   #17
SteveY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
I’m a stickler for little extra “freebies” lol - I hoard things like that for no reason whatsoever so it’s always nice to get something fun.

However, I’m jealous, my AD hardly ever gives me anything extra lol, I’m jealous of you guys! Haha
Hi Neil, surprise to hear, Merry Hill does have many merchandise. Maybe due to majority of your pieces are steel. Request when you collect your next toy
SteveY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 02:51 AM   #18
joe100

Watch: Explorer
Every time I’ve purchased new, I couldn’t get out of these fast enough so I never received any stuff. I don’t want champagne and chocolate, I just want to leave. Around these parts folks used to talk about the “AD experience”, which I never understood. I can’t think of a place I’d like to linger less than a Rolex AD, so no swag for me.
Old 22 July 2024, 03:52 AM   #19
Barada7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I visit my AD purely for the complimentary San Pelligrino.
Barada7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 06:11 AM   #20
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post

You must covet my tri-color Rolex pen set, then, representing the three colors of PM. They are really nice, BTW!

Kat

Old 22 July 2024, 07:57 AM   #21
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
An AD in Houston gave me some Rolex shoes made out of Alligator Leather .. had to return them a week later as the heel kept snapping ..
Paul Newman

Being Serious = Onto the list you go
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 08:08 AM   #22
Oldbigmouth
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN / 224270
My AD made my first first Rolex AD purchase beyond memorable. My longtime
SA, assistant and in house watchmaker met me in a side room where I was treated to
A very nice cappuccino, sparkling water and the most personalized purchase experience I could have. My gift was the watch and the personalization of the experience.
Oldbigmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 08:45 AM   #23
hd-bagger
"TRF" Member

I received a Rolex branded leather wallet with my submariner date purchase. Still use it to this day.

I received a Rolex branded leather watch roll with my BLNR. It holds 3-4 watches and is super nice.

Both of these gifts were unnecessary, unexpected, but very much appreciated. It all goes back to the AD and what they want to give, if anything.
hd-bagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 09:54 AM   #24
KatGirl

Exactly right! The ADs purchase anything they give us, whether a simple bottled water, Champagne, wine, watch roll, or a fancy pen set. They order the Rolex branded items from their distributor.

Kat

Old 22 July 2024, 10:09 AM   #25
saltyandwet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbigmouth View Post
My AD made my first first Rolex AD purchase beyond memorable. My longtime
SA, assistant and in house watchmaker met me in a side room where I was treated to
A very nice cappuccino, sparkling water and the most personalized purchase experience I could have. My gift was the watch and the personalization of the experience.
Your gift was the watch? So you got the watch for free? If you had to pay for it, it's not a gift, just saying.
saltyandwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 10:13 AM   #26
Oldbigmouth
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN / 224270
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyandwet View Post
Your gift was the watch? So you got the watch for free? If you had to pay for it, it's not a gift, just saying.
No, it wasn’t free but for me it was a gift. A gift to myself. A gift that I’m financially able to afford a Rolex, and the entire experience was a gift in generally.

Really not sure what your point was in your response, but ok.
Oldbigmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 01:14 PM   #27
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Vancouver AD's are not particularly friendly. Down in the states I have never been given extras but I have a great family owned AD where they treat me well and help when I ask for a watch. I think that is most important. I do think the Rolex watch rolls are nice.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 05:47 PM   #28
geoach
"TRF" Member

Watch: one I'm wearing
I always receive the same thing I buy. Nice piece of parer with Rolex branded on the top.They tell me it's the bill.
geoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2024, 08:56 AM   #29
Watch_aficionado
"TRF" Member

Gifts from an AD? They treat me like I'm a peasant and not worthy. And I have plenty of cash to buy.
Watch_aficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2024, 02:10 AM   #30
JSol1

Not gift related, but we were in Vancouver earlier this month and stopped in at all the boutiques. We often do this while traveling and I have to say the Rolex boutique was a horrible experience. Tudor (across the street) and Patek were wonderful (we own all three brands).
Locally I’ve been given gifts from Patek but not Rolex (owned by the same people).
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote