The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 September 2024, 10:12 PM   #1
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

VIP Status

Just had a gathering with my cousin and his bunch of AP fanatic friends. Their individual collection ranges from 5 pieces to 16 pieces each.

I'm shocked to learn from their sharing with me, a newbie to AP, that to be a VIP of AP, not only do we have to clock a minimum spent amount (nothing surprising here) but also have to maintain a minimum spend annually to remain as one (this is what caught me hard).

Can anyone here attest to this? If it's true, it'll be a real challenge. To clock a minimum spending to be considered one might be achievable to many whose journey are new but to maintain spending after those who already achieved that status in the long run, might not be viable as they already owned most of the references they are after.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2024, 10:20 PM   #2
hellofromthebay
"TRF" Member

What is the minimum spend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hellofromthebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2024, 10:30 PM   #3
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Interesting. I’m curious what they said the spend is …
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2024, 10:48 PM   #4
S’portEye
"TRF" Member

You left out the most important part. What is the minimum yearly spend?
S’portEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2024, 11:22 PM   #5
RolexADreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Chrono Perp
i am one of "those" and i haven't spent millions nor i spend hundreds every year.... But i am categorised as VIP on AP system....

I simply buy what i like, sometimes 2-3 pieces per year, sometimes 0... So don't think there is a definite answer... and regarding my VIP status (which i am far from being for real), it's all about how your sales representative wants to push you....
Old 18 September 2024, 11:31 PM   #6
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

These guys also didn't have any concrete figure. Probably only AP knows. There's a few guys in the group who has a minimum spent history of USD400K or more and they've been receiving birthday and festive gifts. But none yet to be invited for corporate events. Even for my cousin who has the biggest collection of 16 pieces.
Old 18 September 2024, 11:33 PM   #7
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexADreal View Post
i am one of "those" and i haven't spent millions nor i spend hundreds every year.... i siply buy what i like, sometimes 2-3 pieces per year, sometimes 0... So don't think there is a definite answer... and regarding my VIP status (which i am far from being for real), it's all about how your sales representative wants to push you....
Sorry but your post is abit confusing to me. So are you considered a VIP or no?
Old 18 September 2024, 11:58 PM   #8
RolexADreal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon Guy View Post
Sorry but your post is abit confusing to me. So are you considered a VIP or no?
i don' t consider myself VIP, AP system does
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM   #9
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
I wanna spend $$$ lol buying AP's
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:38 AM   #10
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
I yearn to be a VIP at AP so that I can ask for a 16202ST.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00 AM   #11
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i don' t consider myself VIP, AP system does
How do you know AP recognise you as their VIP? Do they tell you upfront? And can you see it anywhere in your online profile?
Old Yesterday, 02:05 AM   #12
RolexADreal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How do you know AP recognise you as their VIP? Do they tell you upfront? And can you see it anywhere in your online profile?
No... i saw it on their laptop but perhaps i was not supposed to see it... nobody ever told me....

Also i can see whenever i visit a boutique which is not my main one and they check the system they welcome me with a special smile...
Old Yesterday, 02:06 AM   #13
lucasalce
"TRF" Member

When you ask for a new wishlist item, they bring out an iPad to update your profile. That would be an oppotunity to see if you have a status.
lucasalce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:08 AM   #14
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Calling the ‘capo di tutti capo’ or in this case ‘whale of all whales’ . . . .

Mr Big GW44

He decides who goes on the VIP list - below him obvious
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:11 AM   #15
Steele
"TRF" Member

Hello @conkers where are you!!!!
Old Yesterday, 02:59 AM   #16
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No... i saw it on their laptop but perhaps i was not supposed to see it... nobody ever told me....

Also i can see whenever i visit a boutique which is not my main one and they check the system they welcome me with a special smile...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasalce View Post
When you ask for a new wishlist item, they bring out an iPad to update your profile. That would be an oppotunity to see if you have a status.
Ah... Learn something new again. Thank you!
Old Yesterday, 05:33 AM   #17
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
I don’t believe there’s any hard and fast rules around this and varies from market to market but I think it is safe to assume there are multiple tiers and spend is only one criteria (albeit an important one).
Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM   #18
Pfang56
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
I don’t believe there’s any hard and fast rules around this and varies from market to market but I think it is safe to assume there are multiple tiers and spend is only one criteria (albeit an important one).

Conkers is definitely the source here and is god tier :)

Reinforcing the fact that I understand cumulative spend is important, as well as diversity of collection, and engagement in events / visits (especially Le Brassus). I also heard bringing family members along (your spouse, your kids, etc) is also a plus and helps.

Pfang56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM   #19
PP&AP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15407
Quote:
These guys also didn't have any concrete figure. Probably only AP knows. There's a few guys in the group who has a minimum spent history of USD400K or more and they've been receiving birthday and festive gifts. But none yet to be invited for corporate events. Even for my cousin who has the biggest collection of 16 pieces.
I think this helps show spend is important, but relationship with SA can trump spending. I've been invited to a few events, and my spend history is much smaller than your cousins. On the flip side, I tend to get the standard holiday gifts instead of the special ones we see others on this board receive. I'll take the events any day!
Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM   #20
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post

If someone was allocated a 16202ST does that mean they are a VIP at AP?

Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM   #21
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsin’ Around View Post
If someone was allocated a 16202ST does that mean they are a VIP at AP?

I would say YES! 16202 any, 15202 any, Black Ceramic RO's any, Openworks 41mm, 15510st these are the monsters, Then of course the Grails like the John Mayer
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM   #22
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
The legend has entered the chat!!!
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM   #23
Emery
"TRF" Member

Considering the current retail prices of AP watches, not hard to maintain the annual spend by just purchasing 1-2 watches every year.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #24
hellofromthebay
"TRF" Member

What really matters, is if you are a VVIP. That’s how I’ve heard the owner of a major Boutique categorize celebrities

hellofromthebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #25
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I don't know exactly at what spend history you are classified as a VIP. I'm don't think there is a hard number. It's more likely based on the number of boutique purchases and variety of the collection. I do know that they expect around 2 purchases a year from such clients on average or 1 BIG one per year. Again, nothing concrete I think. I guess if you get invited to AP events you are a step above the average client. If you also got difficult allocations like QP's OW, Jumbo's, and such, you are somewhat of a VIP as you have gone through the allocation approval process through AP Corporate. If you get offered pieces like a JM, Scott, Blue CE QP, or OW CE QP, you are definitely VVIP level or higher. If they offer your MR, you KNOW you are VVVIP. lol..

If you get invited to Le Brassus, you are somewhere in the upper tier of clients. There is a differentiation there too though. I was invited to a 2 day trip to Le Brassus recently, but there is a member here that just got back from a week long trip the week after me where I believe they took him and his wife to all of the AP facilities including Geneva and LeCocle where the high complications are made. I won't say who as he has not posted about his trip, but he would be considered at least VVIP IMO.

@Conkers is definitely VVVIP level too.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM   #26
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:

Michael,

You are VVIP at all of the other brands you collect except AP. I find that crazy!
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM   #27
Nova1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For once the status is bestowed upon thee, thou heart shall fill with merry and glee.
And thine wrist shall shine for the whole world to see.
SH
Nova1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #28
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
You are VVIP at all of the other brands you collect except AP. I find that crazy!
My AD treats me well though they don't retail AP anymore. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed your thread on the visit to Le Brassus

I would love to visit AP on my own too, after hearing positive feedback from others. Plus I can get to visit other manufacturers around the region.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #29
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
I don't know exactly at what spend history you are classified as a VIP. I'm don't think there is a hard number. It's more likely based on the number of boutique purchases and variety of the collection. I do know that they expect around 2 purchases a year from such clients on average or 1 BIG one per year. Again, nothing concrete I think. I guess if you get invited to AP events you are a step above the average client. If you also got difficult allocations like QP's OW, Jumbo's, and such, you are somewhat of a VIP as you have gone through the allocation approval process through AP Corporate. If you get offered pieces like a JM, Scott, Blue CE QP, or OW CE QP, you are definitely VVIP level or higher. If they offer your MR, you KNOW you are VVVIP. lol..

If you get invited to Le Brassus, you are somewhere in the upper tier of clients. There is a differentiation there too though. I was invited to a 2 day trip to Le Brassus recently, but there is a member here that just got back from a week long trip the week after me where I believe they took him and his wife to all of the AP facilities including Geneva and LeCocle where the high complications are made. I won't say who as he has not posted about his trip, but he would be considered at least VVIP IMO.

@Conkers is definitely VVVIP level too.
This info is very detailed.
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #30
APhound
"TRF" Member

VIP Status

I don’t think 16202 means you’re VIP. That was my last watch, bought six in the last two years (no I wasn’t buying them to get a 16202) and I’m nobody to them. Only gift I got was that stupid backgammon set lol. No way I would ever get offered any of the cool stuff. I don’t have any idea what my next watch will be but not one of the omg ones.
I’ve been around some of the guys who are VIP and they don’t even know there’s such a thing or care. They’re just rich!

APhound is offline   Reply With Quote