The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 June 2018, 06:39 AM   #1
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ BLNR | AK
Great experience with my local AD!

**Long post alert**

I popped into my AD a few weeks back to browse their inventory and put in some face time. I told them I was interested in the BLNR and SD43, however like every other thread on TRF pertaining to SS models, they had a long waiting list and no stock. Fast forward to this week and my AD reached out to me letting me know they had just gotten a BLNR in and asked if I wanted to swing by to check it out. The caveat was that it is already spoken for, but they would be more than happy to let me try it on and see if it sings to me.

I showed up and the associate brought the BLNR out of the coffin and let me try it on, WOW! It was everything I thought it would be and more. It felt great on my wrist and I loved how the bi-color bezel complimented the watch. I know there are mixed views on the PCL vs. Brushed Steel bracelet, but I really like the overall look of the watch. As I was envisioning the watch on my wrist and day dreaming, she snapped me back into reality reminding me it was already reserved for someone else . I also tried on the Explorer II which I really liked, but there is just something about that BLNR. After I took it off my wrist and handed it back, she told me she had something cool she wanted to show me.

She brought out the first Baselworld release they've received, the 126711CHNR and took it out of the coffin to let me try it on. I've seen quite a few threads and even pictures online for the new root beer, but they just don't do it justice until you've tried it on. I'm normally not a fan of TT watches, but the combo of Steel and Everose Gold work really well together. The watch just looks superb! After I handed it back, she said she had one more surprise she wanted to show me and pulled out the 116500LN. They had just received both watches about 20 minutes before I came in and said the Daytona is only 1 or 3 they will get all year. I also tried it on and asked what would it take to buy it today, a briefcase full of Benjamin's? She laughed and said it has been long spoken for!

All in all I had a really great experience at my local AD and thought it was cool I got to share some wrist time with all 4 watches. I went ahead and put a deposit down on the BLNR and secured a solid spot on the list, looking forward to popping my head in there more often!

Cheers and have a great weekend everyone !

Old 16 June 2018, 06:41 AM   #2
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats, you will love it. It's one of my favorites and on the wrist today!
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 06:55 AM   #3
T01
"TRF" Member

Cool!
T01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 07:00 AM   #4
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Sounds like a great day for your AD. She helped you part with your money and you walked out with nothing. Smart move for AD, since you parted with your deposit monies you won’t be hunting around at other AD’s and leaving a deposit.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 07:01 AM   #5
Largoshark
"TRF" Member

Very nice! I am also based in LA. Do you mind sharing which AD?
Largoshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 07:03 AM   #6
toomuchtalk
"TRF" Member

Great expererince
toomuchtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 07:08 AM   #7
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
That Daytona looks great on your wrist.
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 07:14 AM   #8
sutats
"TRF" Member

Icon7

That's awesome Chris that your AD got in touch to let you try on pieces that have already been allocated. I know some buyers are particular about their new watches being handled by others before collection.
Post Your Rolex/Tudor Watch Weight (PYRTWW)
sutats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 07:19 AM   #9
Psijason
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamster 300 Green
That is how an AD experience should be!!!! Congratulations on making a move towards the BLNR!!! It looks fantastic on your wrist!!!
Psijason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 07:26 AM   #10
Plai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Sounds like a great day for your AD. She helped you part with your money and you walked out with nothing. Smart move for AD, since you parted with your deposit monies you won’t be hunting around at other AD’s and leaving a deposit.
Funny, but I completely agree with you. What a tease by the AD. Love how they clearly stated there will only be 3 Daytona’s they get this year. Don’t even think about it!
Plai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 07:48 AM   #11
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Congrats, you will love it. It's one of my favorites and on the wrist today!
Thanks, I'm glad you love yours just as much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T01 View Post
Cool!
Thanks!

Quote:
Little did my AD know I was already prepared to put down a deposit to secure my spot. What sold me on putting down the deposit was the great experience I had. If I had gone in a day later and didn't get to try on any of the watches, I still probably would have done it. Fully refundable and still gives me options to do whatever I want. I've been to a few AD's in LA and none of them compared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largoshark View Post
Very nice! I am also based in LA. Do you mind sharing which AD?
PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchtalk View Post
Great expererince
Thanks, it truly was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
That Daytona looks great on your wrist.
I know, it is amazing in person! Funny that this SS Daytona is such a "holy grail" piece right now. People on lists for years waiting for there chance to behold it's beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutats View Post
That's awesome Chris that your AD got in touch to let you try on pieces that have already been allocated. I know some buyers are particular about their new watches being handled by others before collection.
The pieces may be allocated, but they're not paid for in full. If buyers are picky about a watch with stickers being handled by others, I'll gladly take it off their hands so they won't lose sleep about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psijason View Post
That is how an AD experience should be!!!! Congratulations on making a move towards the BLNR!!! It looks fantastic on your wrist!!!
Thanks Jason, I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plai View Post
Funny, but I completely agree with you. What a tease by the AD. Love how they clearly stated there will only be 3 Daytona’s they get this year. Don’t even think about it!
May be a tease to others, but I value honesty and integrity. Some folks have had deposits down on the Daytona for years and still nothing. At least I know there wasn't a chance in hell of taking home a Daytona and guess what, I'm good with that.
Old 16 June 2018, 07:55 AM   #12
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
Outstanding service by the AD! That is the type of relationship you want to be in. I agree, the Root Beer is amazing in person and I never thought I would like the rose gold two tone.

I hope the stars align and you get the Batman soon!
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 08:05 AM   #13
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
All look good on the wrist glad you had a good time there
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 08:59 AM   #14
Chloe&Harley

Watch: Milgauss white
Sounds like a great time ... they all look awesome

Last edited by Chloe&Harley; 16 June 2018 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 09:05 AM   #15
Smitty13
"TRF" Member

I have the batman and dare I say it is my favorite Rolex and I have three. It definitely pays to establish a relationship with your AD....especially in this new Rolex market where they are decreasing supply to increase our demand. Simple Economics.
Smitty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 09:21 AM   #16
Drake3287
"TRF" Member

Don't be surprised if you get a call quicker then you think. I was in the same boat up here in the Bay Area and got the call in about a month even though I was number 7 on the list. Sure enough, when the ad called the first 6 they either had already found one, changed their mind or didn't have the money at the time. Apparently pretty common to happen.
Drake3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 09:28 AM   #17
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Old 16 June 2018, 09:47 AM   #18
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Stopped in my AD to try on a Polar and they also had a SS Daytona, Sky dweller and a BLNR just hit the door, all 3 spoken for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 03:33 PM   #19
Gibraltar
"TRF" Member

I had a somewhat similar experience while travelling in Vienna. We were actually looking for a watch for my wife and out of curiosity I asked about the Daytona. They said the list was "10 years", but after my wife decided on her watch and we were enjoying a refreshment, out came a 'spoken for' Daytona C for me to try on :)

Living in Hong Kong now it's a bit disheartening, since the staff at every Rolex AD I've visited seem completely uninterested in anything other than a quick sale.
Gibraltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 06:20 PM   #20
RolexComplex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now, don’t rain on his parade. OP enjoyed himself and had a great experience. That’s what matters.
RolexComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 07:46 PM   #21
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Great pick although the others looked very nice too.
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 02:50 AM   #22
jonski
"TRF" Member

Watch: Urwerk103
That's extremely professional customer service by that salesperson.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 17 June 2018, 04:41 AM   #23
JRT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
It seemed a really happy experience with your local AD.
Congrats in advance. Hopefully you will get your stunning BLNR very soon.
JRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 04:44 AM   #24
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Congratulations in advance
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 05:57 AM   #25
danw-rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake3287 View Post
Don't be surprised if you get a call quicker then you think. I was in the same boat up here in the Bay Area and got the call in about a month even though I was number 7 on the list. Sure enough, when the ad called the first 6 they either had already found one, changed their mind or didn't have the money at the time. Apparently pretty common to happen.

Do you mind satin the name of the Bay Area AD?
danw-rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 07:20 AM   #26
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
explorer II is so underrated
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 07:28 AM   #27
nikesupremedunk
"TRF" Member

I remember seeing my first BLNR in person and was blown away. A year and half later I'm still blown away by the BLNR when I throw it on! Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for yours.
Old 18 June 2018, 10:43 AM   #28
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHantz View Post
Outstanding service by the AD! That is the type of relationship you want to be in. I agree, the Root Beer is amazing in person and I never thought I would like the rose gold two tone.

I hope the stars align and you get the Batman soon!
Exactly my thoughts as well Jonathan! I really enjoyed getting to try on a couple of watches that I may not have had an opportunity to do elsewhere. Right place and right time I suppose. I hope so too, keep an eye out for the incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urosfan View Post
All look good on the wrist glad you had a good time there
Thanks, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe&Harley View Post
Sounds like a great time ... they all look awesome
A great time indeed, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty13 View Post
I have the batman and dare I say it is my favorite Rolex and I have three. It definitely pays to establish a relationship with your AD....especially in this new Rolex market where they are decreasing supply to increase our demand. Simple Economics.
There is something about that Batman, you're absolutely right! I really was a fan of the new Root Beer as well, too bad the one I tried on was already spoken for. Definitely doesn't hurt putting in some face time, make sure the limited supply works in our favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake3287 View Post
Great point, didn't think about it like that. Congrats on getting your BLNR! I was told about 6 months which isn't bad. If it happens sooner, that would be awesome otherwise I'm looking forward to a nice Christmas present

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Thanks
Old 18 June 2018, 10:54 AM   #29
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
Stopped in my AD to try on a Polar and they also had a SS Daytona, Sky dweller and a BLNR just hit the door, all 3 spoken for.
Did you try any of them on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibraltar View Post
I had a somewhat similar experience while travelling in Vienna. We were actually looking for a watch for my wife and out of curiosity I asked about the Daytona. They said the list was "10 years", but after my wife decided on her watch and we were enjoying a refreshment, out came a 'spoken for' Daytona C for me to try on :)

Living in Hong Kong now it's a bit disheartening, since the staff at every Rolex AD I've visited seem completely uninterested in anything other than a quick sale.
Wow, that's pretty funny...had to make sure you were serious before teasing you with the goods! Thats a bummer about HK, I've read a few threads like that recently here on TRF. I went to a Rolex AD in Beverly Hills and same thing, uninterested in making small talk. Asked about SS models and was shown the Smurf, needless to say I won't be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexComplex View Post
Now, don’t rain on his parade. OP enjoyed himself and had a great experience. That’s what matters.
Thanks! I had a great experience and wanted to share with some folks who'd appreciate it (or so I thought )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaters View Post
Great pick although the others looked very nice too.
Thanks Mike, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonski View Post
That's extremely professional customer service by that salesperson.
Thanks Juicy, they definitely didn't have to do that. Even with the scarce supply and high demand, customer service and a smile still goes a long way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT View Post
It seemed a really happy experience with your local AD.
Congrats in advance. Hopefully you will get your stunning BLNR very soon.
Thanks JRT, I hope so too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Congratulations in advance
Thanks Brian, appreciate it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
explorer II is so underrated
It's absolutely underrated Michael, doesn't get the same level of love as some of the other models. I would love to add one to my collection but I've had my eyes on the BLNR for quite some time. Nothing is going to change that, for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesupremedunk View Post
I remember seeing my first BLNR in person and was blown away. A year and half later I'm still blown away by the BLNR when I throw it on! Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for yours.
Thanks Andrew ,I hope so too! That's awesome you're still blown away by it, thats the exact feeling I'm looking for
Old 18 June 2018, 11:47 AM   #30
AJM914
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Great looking watches!

Tags
ad experience , rare