The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 May 2008, 09:11 PM   #1
Rolex74
"TRF" Member

Rolex74's Avatar

Real Name: Rob
Location: Concordville, Pa
Watch: DSSD DJII PAM 005
Some Ebay auctions to check out...

So I was at work checking out some Ebay auctions, not sure if they are legit so I figured I would post them and see what everyone has to say.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=014

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008

Check out the shipping on this one! Oh yeah the description says it has diamonds, hmm where are they?? It i coming from Slovakia

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-submariner...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-SUBMARINER...QQcmdZViewItem
__________________
My Collection....
2012 DSSD G Series 116660; 2013 SS DJII 116300 (Stolen), 2010 G Serial GMTiiC 116710, V Serial Milgauss White Dial
2005 H Series PAM 005, 2018 Speedy Pro
Rolex74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2008, 09:41 PM   #2
timax
Member

Location: Sydney Australia
Amazing........yhat las 1 has 14 bids and you can't even see the watch in the pics.
Anything without nice sharp pics I just go straight past. And the Blue face 1 $250 shipping to Australia..he must be hand delivering
timax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2008, 10:00 PM   #3
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Terry Newton's Avatar

Real Name: Terry Newton
Location: Michigan
Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
The first watches pictures were horrible. The second is possibly stolen pictures. I have not had a chance to look at the other two.

Terry Newton
__________________
Terry Newton; Superstar and Fake Sleuth

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2008, 10:24 AM   #4
Rolex74
"TRF" Member

Rolex74's Avatar

Real Name: Rob
Location: Concordville, Pa
Watch: DSSD DJII PAM 005
This goes off in 23 mins....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2761.l1259

But he answered my question, I asked for serial number and model number. I did tell him where to find them

His answer.....

where are they located on the watch and no i dont have papers or box...my step father gave me the atch and that ws it
__________________
Old 22 May 2008, 12:05 PM   #5
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Terry Newton's Avatar

Real Name: Terry Newton
Location: Michigan
Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
I reported all of these watches as fakes. No one is going to take an almost $6,000 brand new watch given to them by their step father and sell it for next to nothing on E-Bay. These were all scams.

Terry Newton
__________________

Old 22 May 2008, 01:53 PM   #6
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Terry Newton's Avatar

Real Name: Terry Newton
Location: Michigan
Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
All of them have been removed.

Terry Newton
__________________

Old 22 May 2008, 03:37 PM   #7
gr8collector
"TRF" Member

gr8collector's Avatar

Real Name: Norman
Location: Philippines
Watch: Rolex Submariner
great work TN.
gr8collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2008, 08:44 PM   #8
Rolex74
"TRF" Member

Rolex74's Avatar

Real Name: Rob
Location: Concordville, Pa
Watch: DSSD DJII PAM 005
Got some more for you!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018

Old 22 May 2008, 10:40 PM   #9
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Terry Newton's Avatar

Real Name: Terry Newton
Location: Michigan
Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Reported both of them. They were both fakes. Thanks.

Terry Newton
__________________

Old 23 May 2008, 04:19 AM   #10
Rolex74
"TRF" Member

Rolex74's Avatar

Real Name: Rob
Location: Concordville, Pa
Watch: DSSD DJII PAM 005
Any thoughts on this one? I know the clasp is broken and it would have to be sent to the RSC to be fixed, he states he has the original band.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=012
__________________
Old 23 May 2008, 07:43 AM   #11
stevemulholland3
Banned

Real Name: steven
Location: tampa bay
Watch: 1680 18k sub
you had better ask for better pics of the face because I see a few things that trouble me about that watch.maybe its just bad angles but some things dont line up.
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2008, 02:52 PM   #12
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

tudorman8276's Avatar

Real Name: STAN
Location: KY-USA
Watch: Rolex Prez
A NIPPLE dial????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex74 View Post
Any thoughts on this one? I know the clasp is broken and it would have to be sent to the RSC to be fixed, he states he has the original band.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=012
....on a 16610???? Faulker????????
Looks like a "NIPPLE" dial.
Stan.
tudorman8276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2008, 09:13 PM   #13
Rolex74
"TRF" Member

Rolex74's Avatar

Real Name: Rob
Location: Concordville, Pa
Watch: DSSD DJII PAM 005
Here is an interesting find...

4 auctions, same seller using the same photos in each auction and same description, 2 have buy it nows for $2195 and 2 for $1895, hmm something is not right here.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=016

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=016

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=016

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=016

Here is another, one seems to be legit form seller thewatchcollectorny, compare the 2 auctions, look at the one with the single photo, you will see it has the other sellers copyright logo on the photo, scam if you ask me..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=010

Here is the auction for thewatchcollectorny if you scroll down you will see the scam auction photo has the copyright logo in the upper left corner, the scam seller is in Maryland.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=024

I think all of these auctions are scams and need to be pulled.
__________________
Old 23 May 2008, 09:18 PM   #14
Rolex74
"TRF" Member

Rolex74's Avatar

Real Name: Rob
Location: Concordville, Pa
Watch: DSSD DJII PAM 005
Got one more...

You have to love auction that have this stated in them...

PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAY PAL. PLEASE NOTE: WE ONLY ACCEPT BANK WIRES. NO CHECKS NO MONEY ORDERS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=015

I guess they don't want the buyer to have any recourse on a scam Rolex!

Who knows maybe this is legit, but the payment option has me concerned.
__________________
Old 24 May 2008, 12:06 AM   #15
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Terry Newton's Avatar

Real Name: Terry Newton
Location: Michigan
Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
I reported all of the scams that you listed above. Good catch. The very last one from Newport Watch is legit. He has 100% feedback after 563 sales so this is a good company.

You have a great eye for spotting the scammers and fakers. Glad to have you on the team.

Terry Newton
__________________

Old 24 May 2008, 05:08 AM   #16
Rolex74
"TRF" Member

Rolex74's Avatar

Real Name: Rob
Location: Concordville, Pa
Watch: DSSD DJII PAM 005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post
I reported all of the scams that you listed above. Good catch. The very last one from Newport Watch is legit. He has 100% feedback after 563 sales so this is a good company.

You have a great eye for spotting the scammers and fakers. Glad to have you on the team.

Terry Newton
Thanks!! I actually enjoy finding the scams, I really would hate to see someone lose money on a scam.

These 3 still show up, maybe they haven't been able to pull them yet.

Old 24 May 2008, 05:19 AM   #17
Rolex74
"TRF" Member

Rolex74's Avatar

Real Name: Rob
Location: Concordville, Pa
Watch: DSSD DJII PAM 005
Wow this was uexpected, the seller thewtachcollectorny gave me a $100 credit to use since I emailed him about someone using his photos, that was pretty cool of him!

his reply....

Old 24 May 2008, 06:41 AM   #18
stevemulholland3
Banned

Real Name: steven
Location: tampa bay
Watch: 1680 18k sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex74 View Post
Wow this was uexpected, the seller thewtachcollectorny gave me a $100 credit to use since I emailed him about someone using his photos, that was pretty cool of him!

his reply....

Thank you very much sir, it has been reported to eBay. Should you choose to purchase any watch from us you have a $100 store credit with us. :)
sweet!
you see-good things happen when you do good things!
words to live by.
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2008, 08:11 AM   #19
Rolex74
"TRF" Member

Rolex74's Avatar

Real Name: Rob
Location: Concordville, Pa
Watch: DSSD DJII PAM 005
Here is a good one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

I emailed the guy asking what the resevere is, what the serial number is and if he had more photos, he replied...

Dear rusty974,

$3950
D643751
Sorry, all the photos I have
Thanks

- barry93001

So I emailed him back asking if he could take a few more photos... he says...

Dear rusty974,

Sorry, too many bidders

- barry93001

Sorry something is funny about this auction, what do you all think? Why can't he take better photos or more photos?

Just added, his reply when I told him something was wrong with this auction and it seemed to be a scam...

Dear rusty974,

Maybe I didn't understand your question, what is it you would like to know?
If you check my feedback you can see I am not new to eBay and have a great track record.

- barry93001
Old 25 May 2008, 12:36 AM   #20
Rolex74
[...]

After all this he still has not sent any new photos or responded