The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 16 August 2012, 07:03 PM   #1
J. Alan
"TRF" Member

Gemnation

Have any members had any dealings with Gemnation, which is located in Brooklyn, New York? After trying a few TRF trusted sellers, I located a Dior VIII white ceramic watch that the wife is interested in. It is definitely gray market - it is BNIB with all boxes and papers excepting the warranty card. Gemnation issues a 2 year warranty card under their own name according to the man I talked to on the phone. I have done a quick search for consumer complaints and all feedback seems to be generaly positive.

BTW, if any TRF sellers have access to Dior VIII ceramic automatic watches, I would be interested in hearing from you.

Thanks in advance,

J. Alan
J. Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2012, 07:19 PM   #2
crs12
Banned

Watch: Explorer I
Dont know anything about them but wouldn't it be difficult to ship it back from Canada to NYC if you have problems with it?

I was looking at a number of shops all with positive feedback in the UK but in the end opted for somewhere I could easily get to if there were problems.
crs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2012, 12:44 AM   #3
77T
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs12 View Post
Dont know anything about them but wouldn't it be difficult to ship it back from Canada to NYC if you have problems with it?
Not very - more difficult if the seller isn't forthcoming in handling the return.

Blind on-line buying without a known track record from trusted sources is fraught with danger. Checking here is a good idea even if you find they are close to home.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2012, 12:55 AM   #4
J. Alan
"TRF" Member

I live close to the U.S. border, so returning the watch for warranty service etc. is not an issue. Any members from the Brooklyn area to advise me?

Thanks to all who replied.

J. Alan
Old 17 August 2012, 01:16 AM   #5
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: zenith
Never dealt with Gemnation, but I have ordered pieces from several US-based grays, and had no problems whatsoever, so I would venture to say Gemnation would be good to deal with. My major issue with them is that their prices are not as good as some of the other places i viewed, so I ruled them out. Before you order, check with Authentic Watches in CA, as they also carry Dior. I have purchased three pieces from them at great prices.

# 26371
NAWCC Member
ducatidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2012, 08:07 AM   #6
J. Alan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidoc View Post
Never dealt with Gemnation, but I have ordered pieces from several US-based grays, and had no problems whatsoever, so I would venture to say Gemnation would be good to deal with. My major issue with them is that their prices are not as good as some of the other places i viewed, so I ruled them out. Before you order, check with Authentic Watches in CA, as they also carry Dior. I have purchased three pieces from them at great prices.
Many thanks for the advice - I will check the Authentic Watch site.

J. Alan
Old 17 August 2012, 11:43 PM   #7
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
I googled your watch and saw that Amazon is offering it for $4574 plus shipping. I don't know how that compares to your price. I also checked out Gemnation at BBB. They are A+ accredited with only 1 complaint which was resolved. Thats good. Good luck with your purchase.

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2012, 12:19 PM   #8
J. Alan
"TRF" Member

Thanks Herbert for your research and advice. Yes, I am aware of that Dior model you refer to on Amazon. Unfortunately, it is the "stripped" version and the wife likes the more expensive MOP dial with diamonds version. Gemnation pricing is better than Amazon for this model.

What worries me about these gray market dealers is that the advertised watch is not in stock and you have to wait forever while they have your money in their bank account. I would insist that they verify that the watch be BNIB with all boxes and papers and in stock for immediate shipment before they get my money.

J. Alan