The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 8 August 2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Castello
"TRF" Member

3570.50 or 311.30.42.30.01.005

I admit I am new, and I am looking for advice on an Omega Speedmaster.

Which Model is considered more desirable, and will hold it's value more in the long run the 3570.50 or the new 311.30.42.30.01.005 ?

The new box and extras the come with the 311 look really nice, but functionally and collectable, which model is the one to really look in to?

Thank you for the advice!

http://www.omegawatches.com/collecti...31130423001005

http://www.omegawatches.com/collecti...ional/35705000
Castello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2015, 12:00 AM   #2
kbutler1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one
The same watch. The new model has the same movement and case. Omega updated the bracelet from pins to screws and added all of the box components to the package.

In terms of being collectible, I always operate under the guidelines that modern watches due to being produced in fairly high number (obviously there are exceptions) will not be collectible down the road. For holding value I'd say they will both will hold a reasonable value vs. others brands.

If you want the updated bracelet and the extras in the box - go for it. If not, go with the 3750.50.

If cost is a concern, you'll probably find a better deal on an older 3750.50. My advice is to check out the trusted sellers here and find the watch that fits for you.

Good luck!

P.S. I was recently in the same boat and found a good deal on the updated model so went that route. Couldn't be happier!
kbutler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2015, 12:14 AM   #3
Syed117
"TRF" Member

I don't think you need to worry about these two models in terms of the ability to hold value.

Both models will be about the same. I don't see either being collectible. The 3570 line was made for years. It's not some limited edition that is hard to find.

Personally, I would go with the newer model if possible. The extras are nice to have and the screwed bracelet is an upgrade. That being said, you can't go wrong with the 3570. It's essentially the same watch.
Old 9 August 2015, 03:00 AM   #4
jmsrolls
Banned

Personally I would go with the 3570.50. I'm an old timer and prefer pins and barrels over screws for the bracelet. It's also nice to keep the difference in price.

PM me your email address for a suggestion on how to save even more money.
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2015, 03:25 AM   #5
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
Personally I would go with the 3570.50. I'm an old timer and prefer pins and barrels over screws for the bracelet.
^This. I don't care for the new box and I like to know the model number of my watches. Need to be rain man to know the new one.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2015, 03:34 AM   #6
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

Not much difference between and older models when buying used. You can pick up a preowned newer reference with all the new goodies for $3300. The older reference can be had for $2800. Prices are for watches with all boxes and paperwork.

To me, it's an easy answer. Updated bracelet, extra straps, and cool boxes are all worth the extra $500.
xjeeunitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2015, 06:52 PM   #7
Castello
"TRF" Member

Can anyone please point me in the direction of some dealers/stores/websites e.t.c. where I should be shopping?

I'm open to either model, but I want to purchase the watch "new", with box and papers, warranty, and for the lowest possible price.

AD, Grey Dealer, makes no difference to me, just want to find the best bang for buck on a "new" Speedy
Castello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2015, 01:20 AM   #8
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castello View Post
Can anyone please point me in the direction of some dealers/stores/websites e.t.c. where I should be shopping?

I'm open to either model, but I want to purchase the watch "new", with box and papers, warranty, and for the lowest possible price.

AD, Grey Dealer, makes no difference to me, just want to find the best bang for buck on a "new" Speedy
Just browse the "Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!" Section

http://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Go back a month or so and you will some names keep popping up with great feedback. Those names go back years. Tell them what you want (model, your name on a valid warranty card, etc) and they can figure out the details. It's not a hard model to find, I can't imagine it taking more than a few days to get one.

A brand new speedmaster professional with hesalite (new model) with the big presentation box, extra straps and all that stuff is around 4K.

I would advise going to an AD and seeing the watch in person. It comes in a sapphire version with a clear caseback as well. Some people like that version.

Good luck
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote