The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 7 June 2024, 05:39 AM   #1
Gooswyn
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT SUB EXP-II AK
New TAG HEUER Aquaracer 300 Series 2024

Any opinion for this model ?
Gooswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2024, 11:36 PM   #2
rlj676
"TRF" Member

I am interested, like the look and some of the specs are solid: 80 hrs reserve, 300m, adjustable clasp, date w cyclops. Seems a better deal than Tudor and Omega (understanding not a real in house). Breitling prices in their divers completely shocked me as well looking lately.
rlj676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2024, 03:04 AM   #3
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj676 View Post
I am interested, like the look and some of the specs are solid: 80 hrs reserve, 300m, adjustable clasp, date w cyclops. Seems a better deal than Tudor and Omega (understanding not a real in house). Breitling prices in their divers completely shocked me as well looking lately.
I agree. They are better than the previous version, but not THAT much better for the price. I like Tag. Tag got me started down this rabbit hole in 96' (Thanks Mom), but they don't seem priced for the enthusiast.

By the way...

I freaking LOVE the all gold glassbox Carrera. I'm just not buying oneanywhere close to retail. I also really dig some of the skeleton Monacos as well.

If you buy OP, please come back to post pics!
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2024, 08:23 AM   #4
rlj676
"TRF" Member

I tried them on, really liked. I will get on strap, (maybe w bracelet too). At the $3k I can get from my AD I don’t see anything else close, except maybe Longines but not sure it has all the same features. Just have to pick black or blue…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 June 2024, 08:23 AM   #5
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Old 22 June 2024, 08:23 AM   #6
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Old 22 June 2024, 08:24 AM   #7
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Old 25 June 2024, 09:45 AM   #8
derrondoc
2024 Pledge Member

I tried the black, blue and green on today. I also tried on the blue GMT version which was my personal favorite. The dial is really nice and I preferred the baby blue GMT hand color over the orange accent in the second hand on the standard version. Regardless which one you choose they look really nice and TAG is making strides IMO. I also friend on the Longines Hydroconquest GMT but it was below these TAG pieces in my eye.

(Edit - I missed your GMT BLNR sitting the tray in the pics - so the TAG GMT probably isn’t the one for you.)
Old 26 June 2024, 10:15 AM   #9
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Yeah I’m working w my AD for the blue 3 hand… the boutique where I tried these on was trying to show me the “Batman” lol. Needless to say she’s not a watch person and didn’t notice my BLNR first.

Evidently my AD can’t tell me how long it will take to get one, but can get me the white dial Superocean on blue strap now at a pretty fair deal and available now. So I’m conflicted between the 2 for $900 more for the Breitling, which actually has worse specs. Both are sellita cosc but the SO is 38 hr reserve vs 80!

At retail who on earth is paying 5200 for the Breitling when Omega and Tudor exist lol. They said I’m sure most customers aren’t actually caring about the movement and PR. Honestly I’m not sure I do as this will be my weekend at the lake “beater”…
Old 27 June 2024, 10:02 AM   #10
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Welp despite it really not being logical to get less than half the PR and no date for more money… I went w the Superocean lol. At least I got a very full deal on it :)
Old 27 June 2024, 09:35 PM   #11
derrondoc
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats! I'm sure it will be a perfect beater! Post a pic if you get a chance.
Old 28 June 2024, 06:20 AM   #12
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrondoc View Post
Congrats! I'm sure it will be a perfect beater! Post a pic if you get a chance.

I figure I can probably trade towards a tag later easier than vice versa… or towards anything as slightly larger used Breitling market. Any case it screams summer at the lake to me, perhaps a bit more bling than a real tool watch Tudor :)

Old 28 June 2024, 07:31 AM   #13
derrondoc
2024 Pledge Member

[QUOTE=rlj676;13315471]I figure I can probably trade towards a tag later easier than vice versa… or towards anything as slightly larger used Breitling market. Any case it screams summer at the lake to me, perhaps a bit more bling than a real tool watch Tudor :)

Looks really sharp and likely a welcome change from your BLNR. I’m growing on Breitling design language as they tend to be ‘busy’, but that watch is clean and looks different (in a good way). I really like the rubber strap and will accompany you the water well.
Old 28 June 2024, 07:54 AM   #14
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Thanks, it’s pretty unique for a diver based on a really cool chrono diver (second hand replaced by a chrono hand to time around the dial) they did in the 60s. Also a good add to my collection as I have nothing like it (blnr, black Daytona, Wimbledon DJ and a Top Gun chrono).

I still think the tag is the Best Buy out there for affordable divers from mainstream Swiss mfg, with a nice size and look.

Oris are all too big, too small, or too expensive (the 41s are in house and more than I’d pay anyways).

Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #15
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
My first automatic watch was an aquaracer and they are bomb proof. I was horrible to it, treated it like crap and it still looks fine and runs like new after 18 years. It was nearly 15 years old before I even had it serviced and was still using it regularly in water.

With a ceramic bezel, reduced thickness, COSC certification, better power reserve, bracelet and quick adjust clasp, it’s not a bad package at all for a beach/ holiday watch that can be used and abused with no worries. It’ll be a great used buy soon as the depreciation out the door will no doubt be horrible on them.
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #16
epc2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV,Pam etc.
The new TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300 Series is definitely generating a lot of buzz! Here are a few thoughts:

Design: The updated design looks sleek and modern, with a nice balance between elegance and sportiness. The refined case and bezel give it a more contemporary appeal.
Durability: As always with the Aquaracer series, the build quality is top-notch, making it a great choice for both everyday wear and more adventurous activities.
Movement: The updated movement is a solid performer, ensuring accuracy and reliability.
Features: Enhanced water resistance and improved luminescence are practical additions that add to its overall appeal.

Overall, it seems like a great model that upholds the TAG Heuer legacy while bringing in some fresh updates. Definitely worth considering if you're in the market for a versatile and stylish dive watch.
epc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #17
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
3 handed version is £3,300 list in the uk and I’ve already seen it as low as £2,500. They’ll be available unworn used with a price starting in a one within 6 months and this spec is a good deal at that price point.
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote