The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 19 June 2024, 06:15 PM   #1
hl0m4n
"TRF" Member

Icon2 FPJ Boutique Reviews

creating a space to share fpj boutique experiences. would be interesting to compare various experiences within the community.

FPJ Bangkok

Ambiance: small but welcoming space with an industrial feel. love the rotor door handles, wouldn't mind having a set for my office doors

Hospitality: compared to my horrible ap house experience, this was such a refreshing feeling actually being welcomed to the store and the brand. two chocolates offered blue (mild but sharp cocoa taste) orange (high spice note).

Staff: i had a very enthusiastic advisor and we were able to have a real conversation on the current state of watch collecting and how the market was a few years ago. was a pleasure to speak with him compared to ap where i felt they didn't care at all and just wanted the conversation to end so they can move on with their day.

Thoughts:
got to register interest of elegante for the wife and automatique for myself. seeing them both in person really makes you appreciate the elegante and i was more deeply impressed by the gold movement in the automatique. loved how the watches wore and the very unique dial. my wife and i both agree we were both for the white dial elgante but since discontinued on the 48 the black dial was black as we had originally thought. it had nice sheen to it and im sure the green lume would would steel the show. told the wife black dials are usually reserved for black labels which need a $500k+ spend so its a bargain TLDR long time ap fan and search of roc, it was so nice and refreshing to be welcomed to the brand. and although there are no guarantees of allocation, at least the expectations were realistic compared to ap discussions.

fingers crossed for allocations in the near future!!
hl0m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 06:28 PM   #2
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
I can’t add a comment as I’ve never managed to go their boutiques, was in London Sunday and only Rolex was open when I was there, I’d love just to see their collections ..
Paul Newman
Bazil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 12:04 AM   #3
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

I’ve been to all of them in the US and they were far far far better than AP like you said.

Way more knowledgeable, etc.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 05:31 AM   #4
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4
I have only been to the NY Boutique, but for sure way more knowledgeable & pleasant, I try to swing by Mercer St for a chat and an espresso if I'm in the neighborhood .....unlike AP- horrible is an understatement......banghead:
hgg43c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 10:25 AM   #5
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
AP only gets awesome once you spend a lot of money on a regular basis. But agree on FPJ, their parties are the best too. Awesome brand.

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 05:58 PM   #6
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
AP only gets awesome once you spend a lot of money on a regular basis. But agree on FPJ, their parties are the best too. Awesome brand.
Agree, FPJ is pretty welcoming to newcomers. Its just a waiting game with them that takes several years. AP gets pretty awesome once you get a decent profile status. Between the two though, I think AP events are way more fun than FPJ.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 04:25 AM   #7
tigerpac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
Agree, FPJ is pretty welcoming to newcomers. Its just a waiting game with them that takes several years. AP gets pretty awesome once you get a decent profile status. Between the two though, I think AP events are way more fun than FPJ.
It's interesting how differently the brands treat clients and prospective clients. Obviously you take care of your collectors but it's rare to court prospects as much as Journe does. AP pretty much does the opposite (and I like AP's watches I have 3.)

Though I will say of course, Journe collector events are definitely grander affairs than the aperitifs.
tigerpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 11:52 AM   #8
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
It's interesting how differently the brands treat clients and prospective clients. Obviously you take care of your collectors but it's rare to court prospects as much as Journe does. AP pretty much does the opposite (and I like AP's watches I have 3.)

Though I will say of course, Journe collector events are definitely grander affairs than the aperitifs.

Agreed. FPJ does a good job engaging with new prospective collectors. I've been to one FPJ collectors event as my friend's guest and numerous aperitifs. The collectors event is definitely grander for sure.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 09:55 PM   #9
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

I heard FPJ's Miami location includes a cigar bar of sorts. We need more ADs with a cigar bar :)

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2024, 06:40 AM   #10
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
I heard FPJ's Miami location includes a cigar bar of sorts. We need more ADs with a cigar bar :)

Yes, they have a full service bar as well as a selection of cigars you can purchase and smoke on the patio.

Skyrider01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2024, 03:29 PM   #11
Ristretto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum Daytona
I visited two boutique the first being the one located in Dubai and they explicitly told me they are sold out for more than 5 years and are not taking registered interest, although they allowed me to try on their watches.

The second attempt was visiting the London boutique and were they were hesitant to let me try the Elegante 48, although took down my information and sent me a registry via email for some of the watches and expressed it will take a few years to get.
Old 27 June 2024, 04:50 PM   #12
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Visited the Los Angeles and Tokyo Boutique a few times over the years. Always had amazing experience. Treated with kindness and sincerity by extremely knowledgeable staff.

There's no bs, no upselling, or minimum purchase expectation/bundling to get to watch you really want
dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2024, 10:22 PM   #13
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Yes, they have a full service bar as well as a selection of cigars you can purchase and smoke on the patio.

Niiice, VERY nice indeed!!!! Smoking a nice one right now (2014 age). Yes indeed, more ADs need a cigar bar imho :)

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote