The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 July 2024, 10:54 AM   #1
zen123
"TRF" Member

AP Hong Kong

I will be in Hong Kong for a month after tomorrow. I need to get one of those little screws that secures the links of the bracelet as I lost one a while ago.

Would it be possible that AP in Hong Kong will have the part available and would they even entertain me?

Sent from my CPH2519 using Tapatalk
zen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 11:49 AM   #2
Son Goku
"TRF" Member

Definitely worth a shot. Boutiques do have some parts on hand.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 11:55 AM   #3
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Call ahead and give them time to source it, in case it’s not already in stock.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 05:21 PM   #4
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I went to AP House K11 Museu when I was in Hong Kong for a week in January. I got Bond Street to book the appointment for me, so I’d advise you to talk to your SA as there wasn’t much availability.

They were great hosts, showed me some lovely watches and wow amazing views on the terrace. I also popped in to one of the boutiques in HK and Macau randomly and they were very friendly too.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2024, 11:22 AM   #5
s0020926
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
I will be in Hong Kong for a month after tomorrow. I need to get one of those little screws that secures the links of the bracelet as I lost one a while ago.

Would it be possible that AP in Hong Kong will have the part available and would they even entertain me?

If you just need a typical stainless steel screw they will always have stock.

They will fix it for you free of charge, but my recommendation is make appointment in advance.
s0020926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2024, 03:48 AM   #6
zen123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0020926 View Post
If you just need a typical stainless steel screw they will always have stock.

They will fix it for you free of charge, but my recommendation is make appointment in advance.
I made an appointment for this Saturday at K11 Musea. Not looking forward to going into the city on a weekend but it was the earliest available at nearest one to me.

Old 30 July 2024, 09:29 AM   #7
zen123
"TRF" Member

Have to say the boutique was quite impressive, great view of the HK harbour skyline through the windows. Staff were polite and I was offered refreshments, alcoholic or non but I declined as I was only there to get a replacement screw and didn't want to hang around too long.

Anyway, was advised they don't have the little screw and only way was to order a new link or leave the watch with them and their service department "will see what they can do" and it will take 6-8 weeks.

Total waste of time, took me nearly 2 hours to get there as I don't live in the city. They could of told me over the phone before I made the appointment when I called them.

Old 30 July 2024, 11:38 AM   #8
iten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Have to say the boutique was quite impressive, great view of the HK harbour skyline through the windows. Staff were polite and I was offered refreshments, alcoholic or non but I declined as I was only there to get a replacement screw and didn't want to hang around too long.

Anyway, was advised they don't have the little screw and only way was to order a new link or leave the watch with them and their service department "will see what they can do" and it will take 6-8 weeks.

Total waste of time, took me nearly 2 hours to get there as I don't live in the city. They could of told me over the phone before I made the appointment when I called them.

Unless you live on an outlaying Island without road access, I don't see how it would take 2 hours to get there. Hong Kong is a very small place.
iten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2024, 12:07 PM   #9
zen123
"TRF" Member

"Nearly 2 hours" I said, I live in Wong Chuk Wan. No 299 bus to Sai Kung, No 92 bus to Diamond Hill & then MTR to Tsim Tsa Tsui East.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk
Old 30 July 2024, 12:10 PM   #10
s0020926
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Have you told them you just need to replace the screw over the phone when you made appointment?

I have similar experience with my RO and they replaced for me on spot, at Harbour City boutique which is 10 mins walking distance from K11 Musea.
s0020926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2024, 12:36 PM   #11
zen123
"TRF" Member

Yes I told them over the phone before I made the appointment. I was supposed to go in on Saturday but due to the epic rain I decided it to stay home and reschedule so I called them again and explained what I needed. New appointment was made for the next day Sunday.

The dude at the boutique literally said they don't have just the screw. Have to leave the watch for their service department or buy a new link, which is stupid because I would still have a missing screw for my existing link.

My partner said maybe because I'm not a regular customer of theirs, they just could not be bothered.

Doesn't really matter as I'm back in UK next week and I've called AP Sloane Square who have a screw waiting for me when I visit them.