The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 2 July 2024, 11:41 AM   #1
calvin
"TRF" Member

Potential Frankenwatch? Vintage Tudor OP DD

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at a vintage Tudor Oyster Prince Date Day - 76200. The reference number points to a Prince Date Day but the dial looks a bit off, and the bracelet doesn't look to be for that model. I suspect that it's a frankenwatch/modified dial. Can anyone please point me in the right direction or confirm if I'm correct?

If it is a frankenwatch, at what price point would it be worth it?
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_4612.png (198.0 KB, 122 views)
File Type: png IMG_4611.png (211.8 KB, 122 views)
File Type: png IMG_4609.png (270.1 KB, 122 views)
File Type: png IMG_4620.png (256.2 KB, 120 views)
File Type: png IMG_4618.png (280.9 KB, 120 views)
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 09:04 PM   #2
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
I am not super familiar with the reference But I'm not saying anything unusual. Need better quality photos, including of the engravings.
Old 3 July 2024, 08:04 AM   #3
NKflyer
2024 Pledge Member

I don't see anything overtly wrong with the dial but like linesiders said, the pictures aren't high-resolution enough to say definitively.

However, the bracelet is definitely not original and appears to be older than the watch head itself. Tudor was no longer using folded link bracelets like that in the mid-1990s. I belive the correct bracelet is a 5-link.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 12:10 PM   #4
jimmypark54
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Diver
From what I can see in the pictures, the dial and bracelet do look a bit off for a Tudor Oyster Prince Date Day - 76200. The font on the dial seems inconsistent with genuine Tudor designs, and the bracelet doesn't match the model's typical style. It likely is a Frankenwatch. If you're okay with the modifications, aim for a significantly lower price than a fully original piece. But if authenticity is crucial, I’d recommend passing on this one. Always best to consult with a trusted expert for a thorough evaluation.
jimmypark54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:41 AM   #5
jonthefisher
"TRF" Member

I am far from an expert but I have been looking at ref 76200 Day-Dates and have seen dials like that. I believe they are either service dials or made for the Asian market where these watches were produced until very recently. I dont think anyone is faking these, not enough $$ in it.
jonthefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:20 PM   #6
Dom9
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD16600 & 9411
There definitely are fake dials... Came across them when trying to help another member track down a bezel for his 34mm Prince, which must have meant they were on the Raffles site. Without looking myself; perhaps worth checking those to be sure they're different to the one in the pics here.