The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 June 2014, 06:09 AM   #1
Imkman
"TRF" Member

Super GMT Batman

Superman?

I have had a number of requests as to how this combo came about, so I thought I would share the journey and a few pictures.

First a very large thanks to scooba for making this possible. Sorry if this thread fills your PM inbox lol.

After exhausting all my local ADs for a super jubilee bracelets, their responses were all the same. Although they tried to accommodate, without a serial number of the datejust the super jubilee originally comes on they could not order me one.
I tried to obtain a serial from datejust owners and even considered purchasing a used one at a good price. However, with used the bracelet would already have some wear or need refinishing. For my brand new BLNR I was after a brand new Super Jubilee.

At this point I put up a WTB ad here and the waiting game started. Oh, did I mention prior to the WTB ad I sold the original GMT bracelet to offset the, hopeful, future purchase of the super jubilee bracelet. I literally have not even worn the watch yet and I was getting worried about the lack of success in securing my desired bracelet.

I did not receive the desired responds for the WTB ad and continuing to comb the internet, I found a very old thread discussing the Super Jubilee bracelet. I PMed the involved members and unbelievably received very helpful replies.
scooba was able and willing to order me a brand new bracelet from their local AD. It turns out our biggest problem was going to be shipping. After some hopeless attempts to figure out shipping through UPS&FEDEX we ended up using Royal Mail. Without a glitch the bracelet had made its journey from the UK to Canada.

It actually arrived the day before I was leaving to Eastern Europe for the better part of a month.

I have to run now, its Canada Day long weekend. I will continue with how I obtained the 1.8mm spring bars and the only/ugliest nato combo that would fit with the 2mm bars as a temporary band when I was in limbo without either bracelet. As well as additional pictures this forum is renown for!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00776.jpg (102.1 KB, 894 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00782.jpg (68.2 KB, 877 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00784.jpg (92.2 KB, 830 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00791.jpg (98.6 KB, 876 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00793.jpg (91.1 KB, 826 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00794.jpg (81.7 KB, 823 views)
Imkman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman , blnr , gmt , super jubilee