The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 October 2024, 10:58 PM   #1
Watchman001
"TRF" Member

Realistic AD wait time for 126610LN

What is a realistic wait time at an AD for a black sub date? I have no recent purchase history there. Trying to decide whether to go grey.
Watchman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2024, 10:59 PM   #2
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
IMO, less than a year.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2024, 11:09 PM   #3
Davis007
"TRF" Member

It will definitely be more than a year without history. It depends on the location
Davis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2024, 11:12 PM   #4
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Around here, I would say less than 6 months now. Ask your AD.
Old 25 October 2024, 11:47 PM   #5
Watchman001
"TRF" Member

Thanks, AD is vague, wont give timelines.
Old 25 October 2024, 11:49 PM   #6
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Depends where you are, and who you are
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2024, 11:50 PM   #7
omnik
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman001 View Post
It's because they don't have a clue usually...
omnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:27 AM   #8
ryanbush
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman001 View Post
Typically means you aren't going to get a watch, just being honest.
ryanbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:34 AM   #9
Watchman001
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbush View Post
Typically means you aren't going to get a watch, just being honest.
I thought that might be the case, which is why I am considering grey. Just seems like a basic sub should be doable, but guess not.
Old Yesterday, 02:43 AM   #10
TheVision
"TRF" Member

All depends on the AD...I got mine in 7 weeks with zero purchase. But I was honest to my rep and told her I alsways adired the sub but was too broke till I landed my current job and I wanted to spoil myself with the sub date. The job came with a "sign on" bonus that paid off half of the cost.

She was like "oh...we have a long waitlist but let me see what I can do". I stopped by AD in the 6th week and my rep was there and she let me try gmt, datejust etc.

A week later, I received her text "hey, ya around? I have something that u are interested in" and send me the sub picture from the website!.

I'm now working with her again to get batman for my 50th coming up next year and she said she'll make it happen since I've given her a whole year.
Old Yesterday, 02:50 AM   #11
train-time

Watch: Not Allocated
I had one shortly after it came out and my AD required that I trade it to get a 116500LN. Shortly after the trade was done, I expressed interest in replacing the 126110 and so far, they haven't delivered. I did follow-up from time to time..... The trade was on December 12, 2021, so I guess I'm not getting one!
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:41 AM   #12
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
within 3 months
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:45 AM   #13
Sergio_UKR
2024 Pledge Member

3-6 months in the US.
Sergio_UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:50 AM   #14
Calatrava r

Watch: Rolex and Patek
From what I can sense, wait times for SS Sub models for new walk-ins is several years. A few ADs I know aren't even taking any more names.

The better approach is to buy something and become a customer, frequent the store within reason and express your passion for the watch so that you stand out from the crowd. There really aren't lists anywhere, rather, you just have to become a serious contender and that should get year into the year or less scenario.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:51 AM   #15
VentoGT
2024 Pledge Member

Wait times for a Rolex Sub can vary significantly based on location and the AD. Generally, if you don’t have a purchase history, you might be looking at a wait of several months to a couple of years. Some ADs may prioritize loyal customers, which can extend your wait time. Going grey might get you the watch sooner.
VentoGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:51 AM   #16
Calatrava r

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
I had one shortly after it came out and my AD required that I trade it to get a 116500LN. Shortly after the trade was done, I expressed interest in replacing the 126110 and so far, they haven't delivered. I did follow-up from time to time..... The trade was on December 12, 2021, so I guess I'm not getting one!
I never have heard of an AD requiring you to trade in a watch to get a watch.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:34 AM   #17
cascadez71
"TRF" Member

Depends on location even within the same dealer group. Wealthy tech areas, forget it.

124060 took a colleague 3+ years after his wedding. His wife's family / his family all have bought multiple watches and jewelry from the big local dealer group.
cascadez71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 AM   #18
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I consulted the oracle and she said that after 12 seasons come and go the watch you shall surely know.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM   #19
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
I had a friend wait a year for a no date.
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM   #20
Inthesticks
"TRF" Member

I was in a store talking with my AD a couple of weeks ago. Next to me was a guy and his girlfriend, he may have been in his mid 30’s. He was trying on a SubC (no date) and the AD he was working with was complimenting how it looked. I figured he was picking it up.

When the three of them moved toward the other side of the store, I said to my AD, “So he scored a Sub?” My AD looked at me, and without even a hesitation he said, almost jokingly, “Are you kidding me? We’ve never even seen him before.”

Right or wrong, I tell this story to give insight into what a lot of ADs are thinking nowadays. Getting a sports model with no purchase history is winning the lottery.

If someone wants 1 sub, go grey, get it now, enjoy life. If someone wants to build a collection, then focus on creating a spending history and relationship with an AD.

(Edit: This story probably deserves some locational context. This was in a wealthy US suburb of a major metro area)
Inthesticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #21
Cassian739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthesticks View Post
I was in a store talking with my AD a couple of weeks ago. Next to me was a guy and his girlfriend, he may have been in his mid 30’s. He was trying on a SubC (no date) and the AD he was working with was complimenting how it looked. I figured he was picking it up.

When the three of them moved toward the other side of the store, I said to my AD, “So he scored a Sub?” My AD looked at me, and without even a hesitation he said, almost jokingly, “Are you kidding me? We’ve never even seen him before.”

Right or wrong, I tell this story to give insight into what a lot of ADs are thinking nowadays. Getting a sports model with no purchase history is winning the lottery.

If someone wants 1 sub, go grey, get it now, enjoy life. If someone wants to build a collection, then focus on creating a spending history and relationship with an AD.

(Edit: This story probably deserves some locational context. This was in a wealthy US suburb of a major metro area)
^ Sums up well what I was about to say. With a good relationship, some type of purchase history (stuff you want), etc. 3-12 months depending on your situation. You can get one with zero purchase history, BUT, you better build a damn good relationship with that SA or the family that owns the AD (winning the lottery).

Re: purchase history, if you want to speed up the process money needs to change hands for something other than a Steel Sports Rolex. A reputable AD won’t look for much, and won’t push you towards products / jewelry you don’t want. If they do push hard, run for the hills, don’t even think of getting on that treadmill.

Final thoughts - try to go to a Bucherer if you can. You’ll hear bad stories here, but a lot of people like me are having a good experience getting allocations at Bucherer. I can’t tell with you with near certainty that Rolex corporate has sent German/Austrian/Swiss executives to Bucherer corporate in the US and pushing change through. While games might still happen, that will be the exception and not the norm.
Cassian739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #22
zfrank
"TRF" Member

I just got the call recently. 7 weeks.
zfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #23
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
At best, no one knows. At worst, it will be a long wait or not at all. There is no such thing as a list. You will have a group that has expressed interest in a watch but the AD will decide who gets what and when. As someone new to trying to buy a watch through an AD it seems many get bogged down with internet chatter about relationships, buy history and a whole lot of other factors that really don't matter. If you are a whale we would not be having this conversation because you would have already gotten the watch through an AD or Seller because the money is not a problem or issue. So I assume you are a regular buyer who has the resources to buy the watch but wants to be prudent on who you spend your money. The other factor is time. I have been collecting for more than 30 years and have been the AD route and the Trusted Seller Route and only buy Rolex through our Trusted Sellers. I will not play games nor will I agree to not sell watches when I choose that are my property. Most AD's don't like buyers who will sell/flip watch as they choose. For a classic SS Submariner I would not wait another day. I would research the watch on our Trusted Sellers Web sites and find the watch I wanted and call them up. Ask all of your questions and when satisfied make an offer, most will come down 2-5%. Pay and have the watch the next day by lunch. Enjoy your watch and move on. That is the formula. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #24
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Too many variants to have any kind of an answer to this question.
Anything from weeks to never.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM   #25
Watchman001
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the replies, honestly my only concern going grey was that I’d get a call in a month or two. I figured a basic black sub wouldn’t be too hard to get. Seems like that is not the case, so will likely go grey.
Old Today, 12:09 AM   #26
superavenger
"TRF" Member

I was pretty happy I got the call for my sd43 in less than 2 weeks. I know sub is a little different but
superavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #27
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Nobody can tell you. I got a GRNR in 4 months, a sub in a week, a deep sea in a month. There’s too many parameters. Get on the list and ask every few weeks.
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:13 AM   #28
Cassian739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
Nobody can tell you. I got a GRNR in 4 months, a sub in a week, a deep sea in a month. There’s too many parameters. Get on the list and ask every few weeks.
This sounds like how things should actually work. I'm glad you have a good relationship with your AD!
Cassian739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:25 AM   #29
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PB1967
If AD receives 1 sub a month and if the waiting list is 2000, it will take 166 years assuming the AD fulfills order sequentially with no bias. However, if AD receives 10 per month and the waiting list is only 10, you will get it in 1 month. Your AD has all the answers to the equation and he will be able to advise you.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:41 AM   #30
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PB1967
Rolex has more than 1,400 dealers worldwide and they produce 1m watches. Each dealer on average receives 700 Rolex per year, or 59 Rolex per month. This is spread over all the Rolex models. The next question is asking him how many people are there in the waiting list. The rest are Mathematics.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote