The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 October 2018, 11:21 AM   #1
adamlea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp II 216570 Blk
216570 - First Service?

Greetings.

I have an early 2013 G Series 216570, which, I suspect, may need some service. I’m hoping someone might be able to shed a little light on this. I unscrewed the crown tonight to adjust the date and tried to pull it into the 1st position. When I did so, it sort of felt like it slipped. Had a little resistance when trying 1st position, so I started all over.

I pulled the crown out to the 2nd position then pushed it all the way back in before trying the 1st position again. Got the 1st position, felt it click into place, and advanced the date - no issues. But when I pushed the crown back into winding position and tried to give it a couple of winds, like I usually do when I adjust the date, I couldn’t wind it. It’s like it was locked. The crown moves counter-clockwise, but not clockwise.

I very gently jockeyed with it a little to make sure the 1st position wasn’t partially engaged. It wasn’t. 1st position and 2nd position seem to work fine. And, for now, it seems to be keeping time as well. So, I screwed the crown back down and let it be. Over the last year or so, I’ve noticed that sometimes the crown sticks a little between the winding and 1st position, like it did tonight. But this is the first time I haven’t been able to wind it though.

I’m not thrilled by the prospect of having to send my 216570 to RSC, but that seems to be a better bet than a local AD. I don’t really trust any local ADs anyway. But, by the same token, I’ve seen a fair number of “my-watch-got-roughed-up-while-being-serviced” posts over the years to make me a little apprehensive about shipping it off. I don't really mind how long it might take as long as its done right and it comes back in the same condition I sent it off in.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem - can’t wind but 1st/2nd positions work fine and still keeps time? Any thoughts on what the problem could be and what it would take to repair? Is the Dallas RSC still held in pretty high regard? Would anyone know about current average turnaround times for the Dallas RSC? Any suggestions on how to ensure your watch doesn’t look like it was repaired in a blender?

Sorry for the length. I tried to keep it brief, but thought some detail might be helpful. Thanks in advance. I really appreciate it.
adamlea is offline   Reply With Quote