The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM   #1
G-Web
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Moon
FS: 1970 Omega Speedmaster 145.022 w/ Extract

Hi,

I'm pleased to offer an Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-69

Between the hint of brown in the dial and the Vietnam engraving on the clasp, this is easily one of the coolest Speedmasters I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

CASE: Unpolished case shows sharp lines all around, with a smattering of scuffs commensurate with age. Caseback is in good condition, with hippocampus engraving slightly worn down. Crown and pushers are likely older service units.

BEZEL: Dot over ninety bezel shows considerable wear with moderate chipping throughout.

DIAL & HANDS: Stepped tritium dial with short indices is in very good condition, with some slight discoloration in the lume plots. The body of the dial shows just a hint of brown, which is not unusual for a watch in the 2911 serial range. Hands are in good condition, showing lume considerably darker than indices.

MOVEMENT: Omega calibre 861 is in excellent working order with unknown service history.

BRACELET: Omega 1039 with 516 endlinks is in very good condition. Clasp interior is stamped 3rd quarter of 1969. On the exterior is engraved "G.A. Furst Vietnam 11/68 - 11/69" and "Lam. 3:22:23" (Lamentations) on the inside of one of the blades.

ACCESSORIES: Extract of the Archives showing production April 6th, 1970 and delivery to Germany.

NOTES:

-I bought this watch from a prominent UK collector who has a reputation for finding fantastic one owner Speedmasters and having them serviced by a well-known watchmaker prior to sale. The story behind this particular watch is that the original owner bought it for himself after his tour of duty to celebrate having survived Vietnam.

-I live in New Zealand where shipping is challenging, but I am travelling to the US in the beginning of October. I will be able to ship via Fedex fully insured with Parcel Pro in the first week of October.

$9,350 USD shipped
Wire Only. No returns unless watch is not genuine Omega. Plenty of references.

Any questions please PM or grantweber AT gmail DOT com

Thank you,
-GW

G-Web is offline   Reply With Quote