The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 19 November 2015, 03:43 AM   #1
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Very impressed with the Aqua Terra Master Co-Axial and Orbis Constellation

I have been playing with the idea of getting his and her watches as a wedding present to my fiancée and me. On a side note, I'm a sucker for blue and had never seen the blue Aqua Terra Master Co-Axial on the metal.

So this last weekend I paid a visit to the local Omega boutique and took a look at the watch, as well as at a Constellation Orbis, which is a watch I have showed her in the past and she thought was beautiful.

I'm super impressed with the AT. The dark metallic blue Omega used, alongside the super cool anti-magnetic movement >15.000 gauss (with a saphire back!), and the fact they they pulled it off with a case that is 13mm thick made the watch very tempting.

Up until now, I had thought most new watches from Omega had amazing calibers but were too thick, and they finally managed to get around that on this AT. The Constellation is still very thick for the size (27mm), but the dial is just gorgeous.

Finally, as a personal observation, I'm a sports watch guy, as much as I may have tried to tell myself otherwise. I owned a blue stick dial DJII, which was beautiful, but ultimately sold it for being too dressy for me. I wondered why this AT didn't feel too dressy as well, since they share somewhat the same style. I concluded that the bezel on the AT is significantly thinner than the bezel on the DJII, which seems to make the dial much larger, giving the watch a sportier feel, which is corroborated by the arrow minute hand and the dial texture. These elements (I think) make the AT a tad more casual and sporty, if that makes sense.

Given the pricepoint, amazing build quality, technology involved, etc. it seems like a great value at around 4k. Besides, I think it pairs well with the Constellation!

Anyway, this thread would be useless without pics, so here you go:

KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2015, 04:05 AM   #2
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
That AT is beautiful,perfect size
I've tried one on last week, was very pleased.

Probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival---Capt. Rage

Don't believe anything in aviation, 'till V1---Mitch Danger Steel
MitchSteel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua terra , master co-axial , orbis