The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 July 2021, 09:12 AM   #1
lis
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 1675
Visiting Berlin & what I saw

Just was in an AD in Berlin where I was able to try on the OP36 with a black dial (stunning but not what I want) The cases held lots of ‘exhibition watches’ including the 36 green OP and a 34 red OP…. First I was told only residents of Germany can buy but second salesman didn’t mention that, but he did say there was an enormous wait for these watches… I wasn’t totally clear if the black dial was on offer and as I didn’t want it I didn’t press the issue. But what a nice watch. Am hoping my local AD back home comes through soon on the one I want (silver or red dial). Still great fun to see a Rolex store with some watches in the cases (two tones and women’s but quite a few) and lots of exhibition OPs so I could at least see the colors in person.
lis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2021, 11:33 AM   #2
rick lee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO
I've bought a watch in Germany before. If you can get it there, do it. You will get a large VAT refund at the airport, making it way cheaper than buying in the US, even without your state sales tax.
rick lee is offline   Reply With Quote