The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 5 March 2019, 05:56 AM   #1
nashvegasr
"TRF" Member

Stolen Rolex 114060 ND Submariner London March 2019

Hi - I wanted to post this here on the offchance it might help in the future / be searchable. And also please be careful when wearing your watch on the streets.

Thieves profiled me (apparently this was the case, from a review of CCTV) and then took my rolex no date submariner from my wrist this weekend in London, in Soho. It was terrible. Thank goodness I'm ok with no injuries other than a fairly bruised arm from the wrestle. I've registered the theft with the right authorities and websites.

Model # 114060
Serial # V253Z299
Old 5 March 2019, 05:58 AM   #2
burnthesehills
"TRF" Member

That’s terrible, very sorry to hear that. Hoping you have insurance.

Are you saying that they somehow were watching you on video? Like were they in cahoots with the owner of a bar or restaurant? Just wondering how this type of crime occurs.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:00 AM   #3
R G
Banned

Sorry to hear that. London is fast turning in to a dump. I work there and cannot wait to get out each evening.

What happened to you?
Old 5 March 2019, 06:08 AM   #4
Vamp
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R G View Post
Sorry to hear that. London is fast turning in to a dump. I work there and cannot wait to get out each evening.

What happened to you?

Blows my mind how England let London go.. Honestly there's absolutely no turning back.. That ship has sailed Londons lost for good.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:08 AM   #5
jaydav2306
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear this soho is notorious for this kind of mugging unfortunately
Old 5 March 2019, 06:11 AM   #6
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvegasr View Post
Hi - I wanted to post this here on the offchance it might help in the future / be searchable. And also please be careful when wearing your watch on the streets.

Thieves profiled me (apparently from CCTV) and then took my rolex no date submariner from my wrist this weekend in London, in Soho. It was terrible. I've registered the theft with the right authorities and websites.

Model # 114060
Serial # V253Z299
What do you mean you got profiled from CCTV?
They have access to CCTV?

Sorry for the questions and also about our watch but all i seem to hear abut these days is everyone getting robbed for their watches in London

Hopefully you are covered with insurance
Old 5 March 2019, 06:14 AM   #7
Wristwatcherboy
"TRF" Member

I think the OP means that when police checked CCTV they could see the thieves profiling/following him.

Sorry to hear about the theft, I trust and hope that you are unharmed. Did they yank it off your wrist?
Old 5 March 2019, 06:14 AM   #8
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
If you don't get robbed in London, you'll get stabbed instead. Knife crime is at epidemic proportions. OP, I hope you are ok.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:17 AM   #9
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: What do you think?
I was there two weeks ago and had no problem, even though I wore my Rolex GMT-II most of the time.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Old 5 March 2019, 06:18 AM   #10
RichM
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
Wishing you luck in getting it back.
TRF #139960
Old 5 March 2019, 06:18 AM   #11
GarbanzoNegro
"TRF" Member

Very sorry to hear this!

Curious to hear more about that from a member since 2017 with just one post (this). :-O
Old 5 March 2019, 06:22 AM   #12
R G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
Blows my mind how England let London go.. Honestly there's absolutely no turning back.. That ship has sailed Londons lost for good.
This would normally be the point, that despite me saying London is a dump, where I’d historically feel some sort of defence for it.

But, I have to agree with you, and I cannot argue.

I was born and grew up in South London until I was in my early twenties, when my parents moved further out to a more rural nicer place.

My wife and I now move further and further out every time we buy a new place. I’ll always need direct links to work in London. To live, though, I’m so glad I live far enough away now.

London is lost and it’s not going to be brought back from this dire state. The government and the politicians could do what they could to stem things from getting a lot worse, if they invested millions upon millions, but it’s not fixable now.

I know that nasty crime exists everywhere, but in the UK, there is just this culture of lack of respect, self entitlement, and people just don’t give a toss.

Other people from the UK are likely to revert back with an argument about the millions who reside in town. Regardless, crime is out of control.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:22 AM   #13
TheKhosenOne
"TRF" Member

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope they find them and your watch.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:23 AM   #14
rootbeer7
2024 Pledge Member

Ok, OP I’m so sorry for what happened and glad that injuries are minimum.
To the others posting here, 9,000,000 other people weren’t attacked.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:23 AM   #15
subcsteve
"TRF" Member

Op I feel for you and hope you are OK, not a nice experience.

Re the London comments, there are 8 million people here and yes there is crime like any major city. The tourist hot spots are the worst, I feel safe most places but Westminster bridge, Leicester sq etc are not great.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:25 AM   #16
Jerrocop
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP 39, GRNR, SeaQ
Wow sorry to hear about this nashvegasr. Hopefully the police will be successful in their pursuit . . . good move posting it on this website!
Old 5 March 2019, 06:26 AM   #17
nashvegasr
"TRF" Member

Information

Hi - yes, I am 100% fine. Thank god. No knives involved. Thank god.

I returned to the establishment where I was, and we viewed their CCTV in the back office, it looked as if a few crooks were outside that were profiling me as I was standing there. The bar staff recognized them as "no good people who hang around in the alleys". We weren't sure since it happened out of their CCTV area but we believe this is the case. Very common in Soho I hear.

Basically they struck up a conversation as I was having a smoke, I'm probably a bit too chatty, and before I knew it was without the Rolex, phone and a massive amount of dignity !

Also GarbanzoNegro - this is only my second post, because I bought the watch and researched things here thoroughly in 2017, when I joined. (and once I purchased it, fell off the wagon until it was stolen, when I came back here to look for best practices on what I might do to report).

PS I love London and this does not one big diminish my enthusiasm for the city and it's people.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:28 AM   #18
RJC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Quote:
This would normally be the point, that despite me saying London is a dump, where I’d historically feel some sort of defence for it.

I was born and grew up in South London until I was in my early twenties, when my parents moved further out to a more rural nicer place.

My wife and I now move further and further out every time we buy a new place. I’ll always need direct links to work in London. To live, though, I’m so glad I live far enough away now.

London is lost and it’s not going to be brought back from this dire state. The government and the politicians could do what they could to stem things from getting a lot worse, if they invested millions upon millions, but it’s not fixable now.

I know that nasty crime exists everywhere, but in the UK, there is just this culture of lack of respect, self entitlement, and people just don’t give a toss.

Also, London knife crime and other low-grade street crime is massively swayed towards ethnic minorities.
You want to try Manchester, it’s like a scene from the Walking Dead there’s that much Spice being consumed!!

To the OP, really sorry for your loss.

Current - DSSD 116660 - Sea-Dweller 126600
Old 5 March 2019, 06:31 AM   #19
Vamp
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn!
Quote:

Also, London knife crime and other low-grade street crime is massively swayed towards ethnic minorities.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I feel all of English history will be gone soon as it progresses more into its middle eastern ways.. I mean when the number one baby name in London is Muhammad you know the battle is lost unfortunately.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:32 AM   #20
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
If you don't get robbed in London, you'll get stabbed instead. Knife crime is at epidemic proportions. OP, I hope you are ok.
That's a shame. Criminals will always find a way unfortunately to be criminals.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:33 AM   #21
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I feel all of English history will be gone soon as it progresses more into its middle eastern ways.. I mean when the number one baby name in London is Muhammad you know the battle is lost unfortunately.

Lock the thread.
Old 5 March 2019, 06:36 AM   #22
2sInHot
"TRF" Member

Very sorry to the OP for being robbed.....

But some of the comments about the state of London/UK are not helpful and out of context.

I can see this thread ending badly and being taken down a political route. No need on this forum surely ?!
Old 5 March 2019, 06:36 AM   #23
Wristwatcherboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Idiot.
Closed Thread