The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 7 September 2021, 11:03 AM   #1
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Vacheron Constantin Overseas 3rd generation straps

Where can I purchase the new colors like white and orange? It doesn't look like any authorized dealer has it?
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 11:15 AM   #2
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC 4000V
White, Black and Blue are staple VC straps. You should be able to order them from a VC boutique. I’m not so sure about the brown straps.

Beige & Orange were a very very limited (100) seasonal and now sold out release. I was lucky to get both of them from VC boutique. Although to be honest, I prefer the Orange much more than the beige. I put the beige one on the watch may be once.

Old 7 September 2021, 11:21 AM   #3
RobHK
"TRF" Member

White has also been available to order (not as limited run). Someone claimed VC has now released 4 new colors, I have not been able to verify that. My boutique had not heard about it at least..
RobHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 12:42 PM   #4
Ducky Magoo
"TRF" Member

Does the straps come with the hardware that clips the deployant buckle?
Ducky Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 02:07 PM   #5
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky Magoo View Post
Does the straps come with the hardware that clips the deployant buckle?

Yes of course
Old 7 September 2021, 03:59 PM   #6
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHK View Post
White has also been available to order (not as limited run). Someone claimed VC has now released 4 new colors, I have not been able to verify that. My boutique had not heard about it at least..
4 new colours is correct and they are not LE

i have ordered a grey one for my black dial DT - PN# VMXF083030
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7876.JPG (259.2 KB, 1242 views)
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 05:42 PM   #7
hulkbatman
"TRF" Member

Orange rubber is limited to VIPs at VC boutiques and was a limited release as I was told.

White rubber and orange leather are available for order.
hulkbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 03:38 AM   #8
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_ View Post

Maybe because of the lights... they look like 2 shades of blue and 2 shades of black?
Old 8 September 2021, 04:53 AM   #9
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
There is a hype game for straps now?? So consumers and owners of this watch now have to beg around for straps? Sad
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 11:19 AM   #10
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
There is a hype game for straps now?? So consumers and owners of this watch now have to beg around for straps? Sad
Agree, sent a complaint message to VC, no response..
Old 8 September 2021, 11:57 AM   #11
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Limited edition straps. This "hobby" has reached peak stupidity. I ordered a new strap last week and they apologized that it wouldn't ship right away because it was in the safe and the owner had left for the long weekend. A RUBBER strap!!!!!

It's already criminal how much these brands charge for rubber straps but add on this limited edition crap and this is all getting silly.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 04:37 PM   #12
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
Maybe because of the lights... they look like 2 shades of blue and 2 shades of black?
tan / grey / olive / blue (so i was told)
Old 8 September 2021, 05:45 PM   #13
MostlyCloudy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_ View Post

can i confirm if these are "new" releases? I thought these were available / default colors all along?
MostlyCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 06:38 PM   #14
hulkbatman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
It is stupid. I own 5 VCs and the boutique told me "sorry, orange rubber is only for selected VIP clients".
hulkbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 06:41 PM   #15
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkbatman View Post
It is stupid. I own 5 VCs and the boutique told me "sorry, orange rubber is only for selected VIP clients".
Send an email and complain, as an owner of 5 watches they should listen to you, you are their core customer.
Old 8 September 2021, 06:45 PM   #16
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
Limited edition straps. This "hobby" has reached peak stupidity. I ordered a new strap last week and they apologized that it wouldn't ship right away because it was in the safe and the owner had left for the long weekend. A RUBBER strap!!!!!

It's already criminal how much these brands charge for rubber straps but add on this limited edition crap and this is all getting silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHK View Post
Agree, sent a complaint message to VC, no response..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkbatman View Post
This is arrogant and stupid for a damn piece of rubber. I remember they were promoting it on social media recently like it's some big important release. Yes it's criminal especially for owners who invested so much in their timepiece and the brand. VC quickly is forgetting the big discounts their watches were selling for not too long ago and the arrogance of the industry as a whole HAS to have reached it's peaked at this point.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 10:16 PM   #17
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

VIP colored straps are ridiculous, but just a natural evolution of the current market. How different is this from making limited runs of watches with particular dial colors, which all the big manufactures have been doing forever? To my knowledge it's not substantially harder to make a blue dial as compared to a green dial, silver dial, or black dial....
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2021, 10:57 PM   #18
moting
"TRF" Member

Watch: addict
Also very disappointed by VC. I have purchased two watches from a boutique and when I have expressed my interest for one of this rubber strap I have been told they are reserved for VIP customers. Hope they will stop to hype stupid straps and become more considerate towards their customers. I am also wondering how the Richemont ownership is affecting their strategy.
moting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 12:08 AM   #19
BendyBee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moting View Post
Also very disappointed by VC. I have purchased two watches from a boutique and when I have expressed my interest for one of this rubber strap I have been told they are reserved for VIP customers. Hope they will stop to hype stupid straps and become more considerate towards their customers. I am also wondering how the Richemont ownership is affecting their strategy.
Agreed. Why would they try to make bits of overpriced rubber special? The highlight should be the watch, the movements, the finishing, the heritage, etc. We already spent quite a lot on the watch and want to spend more on straps. Why would VC chose to limit the sales of the silly straps and piss a lot of clients off?
BendyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 01:14 AM   #20
gops
"TRF" Member

This whole VIP thing is boutique specific and not from VC. I'm not a VIP and they sold me a beige one. In reality, each boutique only receives 2 orange and 2 beige. And SAs can sell it to whomever they want to, VIP or not. No direct orders from VC. I agree that they should make more, especially if they're going to advertise it.

I think they should rephrase their response to inquiries as "sorry, limited production and it is sold out" rather than "limited edition and was sold only to VIP clients"....word "VIP" rubs people the wrong way.....many would feel they are VIPs and they should get one and others will be felt left out because of poor purchase history. I think VC should take note as they are obviously upsetting a lot of clients.
gops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 01:30 AM   #21
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops View Post
I think they should rephrase their response to inquiries as "sorry, limited production and it is sold out" rather than "limited edition and was sold only to VIP clients"....word "VIP" rubs people the wrong way.....many would feel they are VIPs and they should get one and others will be felt left out because of poor purchase history. I think VC should take note as they are obviously upsetting a lot of clients.
+1. Really poor choice of words.
Mbbgysam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 02:20 AM   #22
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Comm'on VC ..
Old 9 September 2021, 03:42 AM   #23
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

I think PP straps kind of started this. Maybe very soon AP is going to follow suit on their new ROO models
Old 9 September 2021, 07:12 AM   #24
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
I think PP straps kind of started this. Maybe very soon AP is going to follow suit on their new ROO models
Very true. Actually the hype of PP straps was kick started by John Mayer. Last time i checked, the pair of straps were few thousand dollars. Thankfully AP straps are readily available
Old 9 September 2021, 08:06 AM   #25
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

Rubber or leather is cool, but above all, steel is something! You might as well focus on it and wear it. Each link worked, bevelled by hand, inside. Comfortable but feeling of robustness. It is high quality but not bling bling, shiny like RO. The buckle and its micro-adjustment...that of the Nautilus is a real joke.
My god, open everyone's eyes, this is the best of the trinity!
The day will come when the brand's aura will rise, the Overseas deserves and has specificities above its sisters.

Grönefeld 1941 RCF ¦ H. Moser Heritage Dual Time ¦ JLC Q1308470 ¦ L&S 1815 Up/Down ¦ L&S Zeitwerk Date ¦ UN Freak X carbonium
Toproll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 09:18 AM   #26
1sttimerolex
"TRF" Member

I really like the grey strap. Saw the white one but was told that the size was not the right fit for my 4500v (it was for the ultra thin?)

And I don't think the straps come with the buckle. I may be wrong, but thought the price included the straps only.
1sttimerolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 09:32 AM   #27
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimerolex View Post
I really like the grey strap. Saw the white one but was told that the size was not the right fit for my 4500v (it was for the ultra thin?)

And I don't think the straps come with the buckle. I may be wrong, but thought the price included the straps only.
Buckle is another $500ish i think
Old 9 September 2021, 09:51 AM   #28
ap1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumdna View Post
White, Black and Blue are staple VC straps. You should be able to order them from a VC boutique. I’m not so sure about the brown straps.

Beige & Orange were a very very limited (100) seasonal and now sold out release. I was lucky to get both of them from VC boutique. Although to be honest, I prefer the Orange much more than the beige. I put the beige one on the watch may be once.

That looks so good on orange it’s ridiculous
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 09:53 AM   #29
ap1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

They need red rubber for black dials, especially DT
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 04:34 PM   #30
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
They need red rubber for black dials, especially DT
I have expressed my interest on a red strap with my SA if one is ever released, will compliment the red on my DT as you suggested - perfect summer combo!