The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 25 July 2023, 04:16 AM   #1
godx
"TRF" Member

Buying an AP in Canada

For my fellow Canadians...how did you acquire your AP? There's no boutiques in Canada and I've always been the type that likes to build a relationship with the dealer/boutique and be patient. Is going grey the only option in Canada?

Thanks for your help.
godx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 04:17 AM   #2
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

Others here will tell you NYC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APWorldTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 04:51 AM   #3
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
It’s unbelievable to me that AP pulled out of Canada.

You either go gray, or as above you find a boutique in a country you travel to a lot.

Then you also have the servicing hassle down the road.

Good luck
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 05:24 AM   #4
godx
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the comments. Ya the servicing down the road is my main issue. I also like building local relationships, popping by the boutique, etc. I guess that just isn't going to be possible with AP. I feel like it's difficult to start/form a relationship with an AD over the phone/email...and with little kids and a busy business...I don't travel much. Maybe i'll have to change that!
Old 25 July 2023, 11:23 AM   #5
spellmanski
"TRF" Member

I'm in TO and this is exactly my issue - can't really build a relationship with AD from a different country and I'm not even sure if they would sell to us from out of state... I think I've concluded that grey (when I have saved enough) is the only way and even then, I'd have to fly down to DavidSW to do it in person
spellmanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 01:51 PM   #6
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

I think the main challenge is kicking off the relationship, assuming one is looking to buy more than 1-2 APs. Closest I have ever lived to my boutique is a 2h taxi/train/taxi trip. Doesn't seem to arduous for purchases at this level.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2023, 12:35 PM   #7
godx
"TRF" Member

Do anyone know the retail price of a RO 15510ST (blue dial)? I'm trying to figure out what the grey market premium is. They seem to be available for approx 50k USD on grey market.
Old 26 July 2023, 02:58 PM   #8
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godx View Post
Do anyone know the retail price of a RO 15510ST (blue dial)? I'm trying to figure out what the grey market premium is. They seem to be available for approx 50k USD on grey market.
$27800. All on https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...royal-oak.html - you may have to pick language/currency at the bottom of the page.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2023, 09:29 PM   #9
spellmanski
"TRF" Member

Blue is usually a little more than $50K USD, so 20-25k premium
spellmanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2023, 03:33 AM   #10
godx
"TRF" Member

Nearly twice retail is tough to swallow...and factor in 35% for exchange rate...becomes $70k CAD.
Old 27 July 2023, 08:32 PM   #11
1st amg
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by godx View Post
Thanks for the comments. Ya the servicing down the road is my main issue. I also like building local relationships, popping by the boutique, etc. I guess that just isn't going to be possible with AP. I feel like it's difficult to start/form a relationship with an AD over the phone/email...and with little kids and a busy business...I don't travel much. Maybe i'll have to change that!
The servicing is the least of your worries. In Canada, the authorized AP service center is in Ottawa. I have visited them many times to drop off my past AP. It is very convenient and they are a great group of guys running the AP Canada Service centre.
I even sent an email to the North America AP president asking how I could acquire my next AP in Canada and she suggested I go the NYC boutique. Nice.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote