The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 September 2024, 07:08 AM   #1
mile2424
"TRF" Member

Take your pick, white gold oysterflex battle....

For a white gold oysterflex option, would you choose the baby Le Mans Daytona or the YM42 with the falcon eye dial? Also guessing the Falcon Eye might be in lower demand, but produced in much smaller numbers. I haven't seen many of those out there. When I tried on the Falcon Eye demo watch, I thought the dial was really cool. Although I have seen some images where the stone texture kinda threw the texture off, depending on where it was cut from the stone. But super cool stealthy watch in person and love the small hint of dark blue on the dial. The baby Le Mans also looks incredible and really like that dial combination.
mile2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 07:25 AM   #2
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Baby lemans. But I’m biased as I just got one, but also the 42mm of the YM wears too big for me.

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 09:02 AM   #3
Actor07
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 126519
I also have the WG Baby LeMans. It is a classic watch and so under the radar cool. The YM Falcon's Eye is a gorgeous watch as well. That will hopefully be my next Rolex unless the WG GMT with meteorite dial doesn't come first.
Actor07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 10:01 AM   #4
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Baby Le Mans for sure
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 10:36 AM   #5
THC

Watch: 16610M
Nothing on OF /// full on bracelet
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 11:32 AM   #6
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile2424 View Post
For a white gold oysterflex option, would you choose the baby Le Mans Daytona or the YM42 with the falcon eye dial? Also guessing the Falcon Eye might be in lower demand, but produced in much smaller numbers. I haven't seen many of those out there. When I tried on the Falcon Eye demo watch, I thought the dial was really cool. Although I have seen some images where the stone texture kinda threw the texture off, depending on where it was cut from the stone. But super cool stealthy watch in person and love the small hint of dark blue on the dial. The baby Le Mans also looks incredible and really like that dial combination.
I own the YM42 Falcon's Eye and the 126519LN Ghost and much prefer the fit of the Daytona. It's a shame I rarely wear the YM, because the dial really is special... it's just a little too big on my 6.5" wrist.
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 11:37 AM   #7
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Baby Lemans.
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 12:17 PM   #8
Johnnnymac
"TRF" Member

I have both the baby LeMans and the 42YM in yellow gold. 42YM wears much larger. Both are fantastic pieces however! Not knowing the rest of your collection, at face value, if only one, baby Le Mans for sure!
Johnnnymac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 01:26 PM   #9
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

I don’t like that YM with oysterflex doesn’t have end links. Instead Rolex adds a small grove on the case but that makes the oysterflex bracelet less fitted than the Daytona. So baby LeMans.
Old 10 September 2024, 09:54 PM   #10
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
The Daytona.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 03:20 AM   #11
scheneider
"TRF" Member

baby Lemans hands down
scheneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 03:30 AM   #12
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Nothing on OF /// full on bracelet

Not an OF fan, either. When I think of passing my watches down to my children and grandchildren, I’m not sure I trust the longevity of OF straps. Something to think about, I don’t mind straps as a second choice, but buy all my watches on bracelets.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 03:38 AM   #13
Sergio_UKR
2024 Pledge Member

Daytona Ghost over Black dial. It is a bit more special.

And for sure WG Daytona over WG SkyDweller and especially over WG YM. Unless you have 8 inch+ wrist, then Daytona might be a but small for you.

It is like if you had an option to pick up all those three watches in SS at retail. You would choose Daytona for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sergio_UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 03:38 AM   #14
StylinProfilin
2024 Pledge Member

I remember when I got roasted by several members when I called it Baby Le mans. LOL!

free mp3 hosting
StylinProfilin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 09:43 AM   #15
Sergio_UKR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Not an OF fan, either. When I think of passing my watches down to my children and grandchildren, I’m not sure I trust the longevity of OF straps. Something to think about, I don’t mind straps as a second choice, but buy all my watches on bracelets.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can get them new straps for 600$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sergio_UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 10:04 AM   #16
HogwldFLTR

Watch: Too many to list!
OF is by far the most comfortable bracelet I've worn. I love rubber straps; these sets the standard, imho. I think owning a watch with an OF really is eye-opening. I don't hear too many complaining when they've owned one. Seems to me the resistance to them is due to lack of experience.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 11:22 AM   #17
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinProfilin View Post
I remember when I got roasted by several members when I called it Baby Le mans. LOL!

free mp3 hosting

Lol I remember this
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 11:32 AM   #18
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

I was quite interested in the falcon eye but I think the YM42 is a bit big, resulting in empty dial space, so decided against it.

This is a hard comparison because the falcon eye dial is hard to see in pictures. For those that have seen it in person, say it’s very subtle and in normal light looks like it has a scratched dial. In the sunlight it’s supposedly very nice and transformative but still a “if you know you know” type of dial. I’ve never seen one
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2024, 10:57 PM   #19
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

Best OF watch is the ghost 116519 (I like the older version better due to smaller size but new one is great too!).
gamingdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2024, 07:30 AM   #20
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
I was quite interested in the falcon eye but I think the YM42 is a bit big, resulting in empty dial space, so decided against it.

This is a hard comparison because the falcon eye dial is hard to see in pictures. For those that have seen it in person, say it’s very subtle and in normal light looks like it has a scratched dial. In the sunlight it’s supposedly very nice and transformative but still a “if you know you know” type of dial. I’ve never seen one
Empty dial space isn't necessarily a bad thing for a stone dial :)

I've only ever seen two (mine + the sample that traveled around to boutiques) and they are very different. I would say mine is less subtle in natural light vs. the sample I saw, but it also has more brown and a different pattern in the stone.
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2024, 10:10 AM   #21
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Would depend on what else I had in my collection.
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2024, 01:45 PM   #22
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Daytona. The YM is lovely, but the WG Daytona is pure class.

On a separate point, these nicknames are getting worse.
Mr. Superlative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2024, 02:40 PM   #23
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by mile2424 View Post
I have the baby La Man’s and the standard Yellow Gold YM 42 and they are just to totally different watches to compare them, the YM is more sporty dressy flex it’s stands out a lot more, and the Baby Le Mans is way more of a if you know you know piece.
I feel the yellow gold is a perfect match for when you wanna wear a nice belt with a gold buckle like a Hermes belt they go perfectly together. This also makes it more of a dress watch for me personally.
While the white gold Baby Le Mans even with the Diamond hour markers just doesn’t stand out that much. But to me is way more of a daily can go with anything watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_6637.jpeg (131.2 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpeg 70584274263__629FE64F-252C-420E-9D6E-5C687023795B.jpeg (78.7 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_8408.jpeg (95.7 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_7406.jpeg (83.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_7403.jpeg (88.9 KB, 133 views)
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2024, 03:12 PM   #24
928ktgold

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingdoctor View Post
Best OF watch is the ghost 116519 (I like the older version better due to smaller size but new one is great too!).
The case size between the 116519 and 126519 are exactly the same. Only the clasp got bigger on the new one.
928ktgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2024, 04:30 PM   #25
Mk2rick
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedy Tuesday ST1
my votes goes to the OF Baby Le Mans.
One thing to consider about the Falcon Eye is that its very subtle. In normal light, it might even pass off as a normal YM. I had my hands on one recently and struggled to see the dial's characteristics even in bright light.

Ask your AD to prepare both for you and choose on the spot if you can.
Old 13 September 2024, 12:06 AM   #26
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post

I have the baby La Man’s and the standard Yellow Gold YM 42 and they are just to totally different watches to compare them, the YM is more sporty dressy flex it’s stands out a lot more, and the Baby Le Mans is way more of a if you know you know piece.
Not trying to be argumentative here, but...I have to say, I've owned both and feel the exact opposite of your statement. To me, the Daytona is a WAY more dazzling piece. The sub dials by themselves are absolute FIRE.

Of course, I didn't have the YG YM, so I can see where it would be more of a standout than the WG I owned. But man, is that Baby Lemans ever a stunner. Maybe the best looking Daytona modern reference, IMO. (Except of course, the grown up LeMans lol)
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote