The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 17 September 2024, 06:29 AM   #1
daysky1
"TRF" Member

Rolex new case

Does the Rolex service center ever replace a watch case? The reason I ask is I had purchased a watch that the rehaut was all scratched up clear around the watch. The serial number was messed up along with all the engraving. The only way I could think this could be "fixed" was by having a new case. I did return the watch and got my money back with a dispute filed through PayPal. But the seller insisted it came from Rolex this way. (I knew better) and even contacted the New York Service Center to confirm it never would have been released by Rolex in this shape. https://imgur.com/a/ZW2aRsZ
daysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2024, 11:13 AM   #2
77T
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Rolex new case

Rolex would replace the midcase if it was necessary. For example a lug or two get mangled beyond repair.

But not sure that messy rehaut would merit such a move on their part. It looks like someone lapped the original rehaut after engraving.

It appears to be the first generation of hollow typeface they used. Later ones were lasered on a sandblasted rehaut.

Old hollow block letter engraved rehaut (2004-2015, top) vs. newer sandblasted rehaut lettering style (2015+, bottom)
Photo credit: Luxury Bazaar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2024, 01:29 PM   #3
daysky1
"TRF" Member

I bought this in 2019, it was advertised as coming from a AD showcase. Who got it from Rolex direct. I have doubts about that. I wonder if someone opened the case, took the movement out and then whatever happened caused this damage, and this would have been after Rolex sent it out. It remains a mystery to me....just how and why.....your explanation is the best I have come across, thanks
daysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote