The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 27 June 2024, 03:09 AM   #1
messikens
"TRF" Member

Visit to LV boutique - quick report

In LV for a few days and decided I may as well drop by the Crystals boutique, grab a free coffee & chocolates and try on whatever they had to showcase as I had some time to kill.

Initial visit:
Bit disappointing. Made an appointment (it's still appt only) and told them I already worked with another boutique in my email. Of course nothing captured so when I walked in, SA has to first pull up profile, see what / where I have a relationship etc etc. Could have been smoother

Pieces:
Nothing super exciting but tbh for an initial customer good selection of mainstay pieces (actually sometimes more so than what you'd find in NYC AP or LA). New green code three hander, ROC white, ROO, 37mm grey, 34mm TT and a green dicer.

Asked to try on a code 11 Chrono but didn't have any pieces. Neither did they have a new ROO and no ROO three hander either

Wasn't super busy while I was there but they seemed quite booked with appointments every day.

Final thought:
For Crystals I would have thought the boutique would be nicer. SA was nice enough but went through the motions.

Code three hander IMO is ok but too plain to really be something worth taking a hard look at.

ROC is very good looking but wouldn't go for a white dial. May have to investigate a 37mm with lite blue dial for wife (told relatively hard to get though - can others confirm / deny)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2024, 06:27 AM   #2
doctoryellow
"TRF" Member

They had those in stock to sell you?
doctoryellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2024, 08:38 AM   #3
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

inb4 the guy who claimed he had to buy $1M at Crystals boutique before getting a hot RO comes in here
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2024, 09:28 AM   #4
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoryellow View Post
They had those in stock to sell you?

Sorry should have been better at phrasing : try-on only, of course nothing to sell...

Or at least I assume they didn't and I didn't ask either
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2024, 09:55 AM   #5
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
I would recommend avoiding the LV boutique and working with another boutique or AP house. Not impressed by the people there to put it nicely.

Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2024, 10:26 AM   #6
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I think everyone's experience at various boutiques will vary. We can't say any one's experience can be representative of the boutique as a whole. I've had bad experiences at some boutiques where some of my friends have had great success. I've been with Vegas for over 7 years and had nothing but exceptional service. I think it's very dependant on the SA that ends up helping you.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2024, 10:55 AM   #7
Brit78
"TRF" Member

I had a similar experience at Crystals – the boutique didn’t quite meet my expectations either. The sales associate was polite but seemed to be just going through the motions.

As for the Code three-hander, I agree it’s a bit too plain to stand out. The ROC is definitely a looker, but I’m with you on the white dial; it’s not my favorite either.
Old 4 July 2024, 06:08 AM   #8
drlvegas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halothane View Post
I would recommend avoiding the LV boutique and working with another boutique or AP house. Not impressed by the people there to put it nicely.

The boutique at Palazzo is a totally different experience. Crystals boutique is terrible. Palazzo has nice SA's, and they usually stock(for sale) of ROO's on Friday or Saturday. Some Codes for sale also, but no dice on RO's.

Anyone coming to LV, give it a try Friday evening or Saturday morning & you may be pleasantly surprised.
drlvegas is offline   Reply With Quote