The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 September 2024, 06:41 AM   #1
flynnbod
"TRF" Member

Shortest wait for a no date Sub in UK?

Curious to see if anyone is seeing any speeding up between registering for a Sub no date and actually getting the call to come and pick it up?

Is there my AD who would actually put my name on a list for a new sub (or will they still laugh at that idea??)

Thanks
flynnbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 02:54 PM   #2
MSL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270,16570,P39
3 years not a sniff,look elsewhere.
MSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 03:48 PM   #3
Halifax Daytona UK
"TRF" Member

Buy Grey, a 2024 no date sub can be had for about £9500
Old 6 September 2024, 05:48 PM   #4
wobjk
"TRF" Member

Watch: es are my passion
I bought one last November in London. Expressed my interest to my AD in July/August so the wait was about three months.
wobjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 06:42 PM   #5
cdencl
"TRF" Member

Watches of Switzerland Group (who owns Goldsmiths, Mappin & Webb, and WoS) won't register you for a steel Sub if you've not bought another Rolex from them before. You also need decent spend history, and a very good relationship with the boutique & sales team there.

I'm collecting a Sub date from them tomorrow, after about an 18 month wait (I was registered for the no date but then changed my mind so it reset my place). But that's with a decent history of non-Rolex, plus a DJ41 in 2019 (walk-in), and an Air-King in November 2023 (after a year).

Bear in mind WHERE you register too. If you register in London, and are not a billionaire buying tonnes of other stuff, your chances are slim regardless of what you want. So if you live in a less affluent area your chances are going to be a bit higher.

To be honest if you're after a no date sub, with no history, you're probably best going grey.
cdencl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 07:15 PM   #6
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Go grey and save the wait
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 07:48 PM   #7
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996marty View Post
Go grey and save the wait

Be patient and save money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 08:37 PM   #8
NigeG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
I’ve been on the list at Goldsmiths for over a year on a ND Sub. Visit approximately every quarter to say hello and remind them. City location but not London. No recent purchase history with them.

Other AD where I have both recent Rolex and non Rolex spend history tells me their registration lists are closed on SS Subs & GMTs as they won’t promise something they can’t deliver within five years. Told me the same 2.5 years ago when I bought my Explorer.

I’m pretty much done with the thought of buying anything new from either of them. Go Grey and pay the premium if you want one quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NigeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 09:43 PM   #9
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Secondary is the way. Great choice for a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230718_131346 (002).jpg (85.3 KB, 398 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 11:41 PM   #10
Calatrava r
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
This is a watch one should just buy from a used watch dealer. For some reason Rolex does not deliver a lot of them, about 1 for every 7 SubDates here in the US. The wait at most ADs is over a year. The premium is about 3K US. Sad but it is what it is on this one. They pop up frequently on the secondary markets, I suspect, as buyers bought into the hype of the tradition design but soon realize they prefer a date complication on their watch.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 02:42 AM   #11
Jari37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
This is a watch one should just buy from a used watch dealer. For some reason Rolex does not deliver a lot of them, about 1 for every 7 SubDates here in the US. The wait at most ADs is over a year. The premium is about 3K US. Sad but it is what it is on this one. They pop up frequently on the secondary markets, I suspect, as buyers bought into the hype of the tradition design but soon realize they prefer a date complication on their watch.
Hard to disagree with that tbh
Jari37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 03:57 AM   #12
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
The grey premium is around £1,500 now which will be about 2 or 3 years price rises so just go and buy it tomorrow and you can enjoy it in the period you would have waited and wondered.

To be honest, I’m surprised this one hasn’t become fairly easily available given the premium is so low - not much profit for flippers and greys.
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 07:20 AM   #13
dukie748
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ben View Post
The grey premium is around £1,500 now which will be about 2 or 3 years price rises so just go and buy it tomorrow and you can enjoy it in the period you would have waited and wondered.
Perfect comment.
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 10:00 AM   #14
jukey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 116234
My local WoS AD has been very cagey about SubDate, and quoted a “waitlist” of 300 people. I’ve been “on the list” for 6 months and with no previous spend, am not holding my breath. If prepared to wait, consider trying an independent AD for what it’s worth. If not, just go grey.
jukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 10:04 AM   #15
exp90
"TRF" Member

WoS will want you to buy ‘first time’ models before a Sub.
I’m not a fan of going grey, there are good independent ADs away from large entities where you may have to be patient with a wait, but your chances are much higher.
exp90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 05:14 PM   #16
flynnbod
"TRF" Member

Thanks for your advice guys. Have great weekends!
flynnbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 05:29 PM   #17
xrole
"TRF" Member

I was quoted around a year for a Sub ND but I have previous purchase history (SkyD and Explorer).
xrole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 08:12 PM   #18
dennispennis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdencl View Post
Watches of Switzerland Group (who owns Goldsmiths, Mappin & Webb, and WoS) won't register you for a steel Sub if you've not bought another Rolex from them before. You also need decent spend history, and a very good relationship with the boutique & sales team there.

I'm collecting a Sub date from them tomorrow, after about an 18 month wait (I was registered for the no date but then changed my mind so it reset my place). But that's with a decent history of non-Rolex, plus a DJ41 in 2019 (walk-in), and an Air-King in November 2023 (after a year).

Bear in mind WHERE you register too. If you register in London, and are not a billionaire buying tonnes of other stuff, your chances are slim regardless of what you want. So if you live in a less affluent area your chances are going to be a bit higher.

To be honest if you're after a no date sub, with no history, you're probably best going grey.

This also if you try and register at any other branch they will cancel all your interests
dennispennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 08:34 PM   #19
londondude
"TRF" Member

Got a sub date pretty quickly, the no date? Been waiting for an eternity!
londondude is offline   Reply With Quote