The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 December 2021, 07:02 AM   #1
rljtamu
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG Day Date
Day-Date Delivery Times

Went to my local A.D. and ordered my YG Day-Date on June 5, 2021. Fully paid entire purchase price up-front. I was told at the time to expect delivery in 2 to 4 months. I've seen posts of delivery in about 4 months, but its now been more than 6 months and still no word from my A.D. Did I order from the wrong A.D.? Should I cancel my order? Should I continue to wait? Can anyone please give me any feedback on Day-Date wait times?
rljtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 07:04 AM   #2
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
You need to get with your AD ASAP and discuss those concerns.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 07:08 AM   #3
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
Yellow gold is still fairly priced going grey. Seems like a long time to wait for a YG 40 paid in full
jgottsman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 07:15 AM   #4
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Paid in full in advance? Ugh. Deposit fine but full?

Talk to your AD on a serious level. Now you need to chase the watch or chase the refund, either way you're behind. YG DD can take up to a year, 2-4 is too short a time frame IMO. Good luck and keep us posted!
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 07:28 AM   #5
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
You should not be waiting that long for a YG DD.

I would talk with them and give them a 14-21 day deadline to produce the watch, otherwise a full refund. I am 100% sure that the watch will magically appear in that time period.

Secondly, do you even feel like proceeding with this AD or place your volume in another location? A DD is a mighty fine relationship building piece anywhere
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 07:29 AM   #6
bob sims
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
Paid in full in advance? Ugh. Deposit fine but full?

Talk to your AD on a serious level. Now you need to chase the watch or chase the refund, either way you're behind. YG DD can take up to a year, 2-4 is too short a time frame IMO. Good luck and keep us posted!
I think 2-4 months was right at time of purchase but no more.
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 08:22 AM   #7
nollie85
Banned

YG DD40s are selling for more than $12k+ over MSRP on the gray market. These things are red hot at the moment and all the scalpers will buy up any watch that they can make a profit on.

I've been quoted 18+ months for a YG DD40 and some ADs said dont even bother they have more than 100+ ppl on the wait list.
nollie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 08:34 AM   #8
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

Paying in full gives the AD a perverse disincentive to deliver the watch. If they sell to someone else with no deposit on the list, they have positive cash flow from the margin on the watch. With you they have to shell out the invoice cost. Sounds like a no cost loan without a maturity. I received my DD40 last year after a six month wait during Covid.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 09:09 AM   #9
SubMillennial
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 41 Date
Did you specify a specific dial configuration? Or just the first DD40 they had available? What would be considered the hot combinations among the YG line?
SubMillennial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 09:19 AM   #10
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
All Day-Date are selling like a hot cakes. Rolex doesn't take any order from ADs, AD will sell it to you whenever they get it from Rolex. If there are more people are waiting at your AD, it will take longer than you expected.

Don't ask for your deposit back, wait a little longer, it should comes in soon.

Good luck to you!
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
AP: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) PP: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, YG Carree, Tank W5000156 Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 09:57 AM   #11
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
All Day-Date are selling like a hot cakes. Rolex doesn't take any order from ADs, AD will sell it to you whenever they get it from Rolex. If there are more people are waiting at your AD, it will take longer than you expected.

Don't ask for your deposit back, wait a little longer, it should comes in soon.

Good luck to you!
I agree with this. While checking in with your AD probably makes sense, I wouldn't ask for the deposit back. I also agree with others that dial configuration matters in this case since your AD might know they're getting X more YG DD40s this year, but not the exact dial configs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
Paying in full gives the AD a perverse disincentive to deliver the watch. If they sell to someone else with no deposit on the list, they have positive cash flow from the margin on the watch. With you they have to shell out the invoice cost. Sounds like a no cost loan without a maturity. I received my DD40 last year after a six month wait during Covid.
Assuming an upstanding AD, the deposit is sitting as a liability on their balance sheet. They can't recognize the sale until the watch gets delivered, let alone use the cash for other purposes (i.e. use it like a no cost loan). It's in their best interest to deliver the watch -- only then can the store book the sale and the salesperson get their commission.
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 09:59 AM   #12
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
If you want my advice go in person and politely ask if there’s an update as you’ve been paid in full for x months and are really excited but wasn’t expecting this sort of wait.

Don’t mention forums or other people waiting less time etc Just be a nice guy trying to figure out when his watch will arrive that paid in full a very long time ago.

If you don’t like their response ask for a refund and move on. Unfortunately DD40 are currently a hot item going for 10k over on average with more for RG and certain dials.

I was offered one recently and they treated it like they were doing me a favor. As crazy as it sounds, they were.
Old 23 December 2021, 10:08 AM   #13
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

It might just be a hype thing but ive never seen so many people interested in day dates before. People are very into bling factor right now. Guilty as charged
Old 23 December 2021, 10:09 AM   #14
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
I would be afraid of them closing or losing their AD status

Good luck OP
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 10:47 AM   #15
4 Aussies
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Blue Sky
I prepaid in full for mine, took one year, would I do it again, in a heartbeat!!
4 Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 10:50 AM   #16
wjv4200
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rljtamu View Post
Went to my local A.D. and ordered my YG Day-Date on June 5, 2021. Fully paid entire purchase price up-front. I was told at the time to expect delivery in 2 to 4 months. I've seen posts of delivery in about 4 months, but its now been more than 6 months and still no word from my A.D. Did I order from the wrong A.D.? Should I cancel my order? Should I continue to wait? Can anyone please give me any feedback on Day-Date wait times?
Last time I spoke to my AD regarding one they quoted 7-12 month wait time for yellow gold day date 40. That was last summer so I would say don't lose hope and try and hold on a few more months at least. If by March you don't hear from them I would stop by and ask them for an update. Which dial are you waiting on? I'm curious as to what the most desirable dials for the yellow gold DD40 models are. I would think possibly Black with Baguette markers, maybe silver motif? That's just a guess (those are my favorites)
wjv4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 12:29 PM   #17
tmoy810
"TRF" Member

My AD has also had trouble sourcing my wife a YG DayDate. I don't think they are as easy to come by as people think. The demand for them has changed in the past year. I would say give your SA a call for an update and just be patient.

Part of the reason why the market is the way it is now (with grey prices) is because everyone wants instant gratification. People are prying on our impulsive weaknesses and exploiting them.
tmoy810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 12:45 PM   #18
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
If you felt comfortable in your abilities, you could have invested that money aggressively and likely gotten more than the grey market premium in the amount of time that it sounds like you’ve waited and will likely continue to wait—although I’m not sure which exact reference this is.
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2022, 01:26 PM   #19
rljtamu
"TRF" Member

Its now 7 months waiting :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMillennial View Post
Did you specify a specific dial configuration? Or just the first DD40 they had available? What would be considered the hot combinations among the YG line?
It was a YGDD Champagne Dial with the Diamond Markers.
Old 8 January 2022, 02:38 PM   #20
WatchesNBlondes
Banned

What did the AD say in response?
WatchesNBlondes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2022, 02:02 PM   #21
Sub*Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: The HYPED ones
Something is up here… How is your relationship with your AD? What is your spend history?

Rolex stopped taking orders around that time. I got my deposit applied toward another model, I too wanted a YG W Diamond dial. I’m not the only one on here who’s AD told them about Rolex pausing all orders. Something about that known fact, and paying in full with no end in sight, wouldn’t sit well with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Panerai 1033 GMT -
God is Good
Sub*Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 09:04 AM   #22
rljtamu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchesNBlondes View Post
What did the AD say in response?
The AD sales rep said they know nothing and get no updates from Rolex ever. He said "It will just get here when it gets here". I then asked for the store manager, who told me the last day date they received took 9 months. I'm currently at the 8 month mark. DayDates like mine are going for close to $55K on the grey market, so I guess I'll continue impatiently waiting.

I know it was a bad investment and a bit risky to pay the full amount upfront, but I had hoped it would spur them to rush my order. I now realize the opposite could occur :-(
Old 20 January 2022, 09:10 AM   #23
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
The AD sales rep said they know nothing and get no updates from Rolex ever. He said "It will just get here when it gets here". I then asked for the store manager, who told me the last day date they received took 9 months. I'm currently at the 8 month mark. DayDates like mine are going for close to $55K on the grey market, so I guess I'll continue impatiently waiting.

I know it was a bad investment and a bit risky to pay the full amount upfront, but I had hoped it would spur them to rush my order. I now realize the opposite could occur :-(
With all due respect, I think your AD is FOS and leading you on. Time to find a new one or go grey
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 10:00 AM   #24
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

It sounds like you are getting close. I would ask if you are next in line for a DayDate, allocation is one thing, where you are in line is another. Given you would have to start over at another AD, unless you are worried about their credit, it sounds like you should wait it out.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote