The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 January 2022, 04:36 AM   #1
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Attn Rolex: Please Help ADs Out With Video Displays

i believe Middle East stores has them... Was just at Mayors and their 'empty' two front windows, half the overall mall store's mall-facing display cases, could really use video displays like Breitling, Omega, and others do within the store. Only need one 24" per window (two total).

Am 100% cool with exhibition pieces.

Yes we know the market is....

Yet to see their mall-facing front windows nearly barren, when this is prime retail space that can be seen when walking by, no matter if the store is open or closed. Pretty please, consider ~24" displays running videos from a memory card of your support for human endeavors, alternating with well-produced videos about Rolex timepieces. These displays can help educate passers-by about the many excellent things that make Rolex the highly-respected company they have earned decade after decade.

i truly felt for the AD as empty mall-facing windows could be employed to educate and inform clients about.... Please help ADs. Thank you.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: Pretty please, with sugar on top and a cherry, pleeeeeease, let's keep this thread POSITIVE with constructive ideas about what can be done during these times given the current circumstances.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 06:29 AM   #2
EndlessEight
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
I think Rolex should sell watches for 2 week intervals.

Everyone on the waitlist will get a chance to "own" the watch over the course of the year.

lol
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 06:41 AM   #3
Calatrava r

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Hard to be positive about empty cases everywhere. Hopefully, the market will balance with most serious buyers who wear their watches can obtain their grails.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 06:57 AM   #4
Nanasaka90
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600, 126600, 126
I completely agree, educating customers about the watches, their movements etc. would be a great way to pass the time.

The empty displays sometimes make the AD’s look like they’re going out of business or something…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nanasaka90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 07:16 AM   #5
Feb_29
"TRF" Member

I think ADs should put they safes on display with the doors open.
Feb_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 07:27 AM   #6
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanasaka90 View Post
I completely agree, educating customers about the watches, their movements etc. would be a great way to pass the time.

The empty displays sometimes make the AD’s look like they’re going out of business or something…
Good points! Especially passing time at the mall (when your life partner does their 'mall stuff' and you're in 'purgatory' until they're done shopping). Back in the day, i'd see 'husband purgatory' in front of the electronics store's Big Screen TV front window display. Rolex already has the videos produced, etc. Call it a $400 investment per window display, and send updated files every month to update the videos. ROI would be far better than display emptiness (a missed opportunity for Rolex, the efforts they support, the people they sponsor, and yes their trusted retailers too).

Being moveable displays, they're good for many things. Large vertical touchscreen inside store for an interactive experience. As for the smaller 24" screens, you could join multiple together and really create one big screen, as it then turns into two separates visually, or even four 'separate' that eventually reunites to 'one' big one. There's quite a bit that can be done with in-store video. Collect emails, contact info, answer common questions (if sales associates are busy)... and so much more! jmho

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.

Old 19 January 2022, 08:51 AM   #7
thenewrick
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: OP41 Silver
I think each store should have an exhibition model for each steel models so people can get an idea of fitment and size. That would be enough to have a decent display case and some interesting things to try on. Figure you just add and remove 2-3 exhibition pieces each year and AD's exchange them back to Rolex for the new ones.

It's like those display only TV's in stores. I don't have any Grey's near me, nor AD's. To be able to visit the AD and try on each professional series and classic series would be great.

I tried on a Pepsi recently and didn't like it at all. The red color looked really bad in person to me. I tried on a 36mm Daydate and it felt a little small for me as well. Both of which I'd have considered before trying them on.
thenewrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 09:18 AM   #8
joejet
"TRF" Member

Brightsign is a popular video player in shops remote uploads scheduled playtimes and you can sync mutable units( great for larger stores) + photos and text support. It can even be interactive and supports subtitles for different language support if needed.

Shop display screens can even be transparent so real watches can be used in the image.

https://youtu.be/rNwk_rxg7Gw

A professional screen (nec industrial to run 24/7 + a bright sign) will be 3-4k though maybe more if you go large!
joejet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 10:24 AM   #9
Thanos
"TRF" Member

I think Rolex is becoming a joke...but hey.....that's what Rolex wants.....
Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 10:32 AM   #10
Andad

Watch: A few.
Yes , that would be a good way to increase the sales of Rolex watches.

If that is the aim?

But let me know why you would want to do this?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 10:36 AM   #11
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I still think terrariums are a better use of empty display cases.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 10:38 AM   #12
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
I think Rolex is becoming a joke...but hey.....that's what Rolex wants.....
I disagree.

Perhaps they're a large organization with various contracts already in play. If they were a scrappy small upstart it's easy to 'pivot fast'. So whatever 'solution' they choose, it needs an ability to 'pivot' as market forces ebb and flow. This really is only a recent situation as they're over 100 years old. It never, ever, no way ever, been this crazy... ever.

We do need to remember things could change quite fast.

Old 19 January 2022, 10:42 AM   #13
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I still think terrariums are a better use of empty display cases.
We need a Photoshop mockup

Old 19 January 2022, 11:09 AM   #14
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
We need a Photoshop mockup
It’s beer o’clock.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 12:52 PM   #15
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Better waitlists is the key. Hey we have 26 people in front of you for a Daytona, it’s going to be 6 years…great! For most people, they would take it knowing at some point, they are getting what they want. The display models are great, but more of a pain in the rear for ADs. They know the majority of people trying those watches on will never get what they want.

I remember a year ago needing a new set of irons to be built. I was told 16-18 weeks. After a few phone calls to folks i know, they arrived in 2 weeks. I leap frogged hundreds of people I’m sure. That’s what’s happening at the ADs. They might have a list, but it’s interest only and as soon as they start dishing out watches to their high spenders, friends , friends of friends, it’s over.

We hear stories of guys waiting years for a submariner. While a real list wouldn’t solve all issues, i think it would bring more first time Rolex customers into the fold which is good.

Its not great if everyone gets what they want immediately, then the brand has no value. But their is certainly a better solution than what’s going on today. I would also start replacing ADs with boutiques as quickly as possible. It’s a long term play but offers Rolex the easiest way to determine who’s getting their watches. Some really great ADs will lose out, but Rolex would gain full control, or at least more control than they currently have.

Also, I’m sitting in a bath. Thus, the long post .
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 01:07 PM   #16
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Congrats
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 02:05 PM   #17
WatchesNBlondes
Banned

I like the idea of using video screens and technology to make the Rolex experience more interactive, fun to watch, etc.
WatchesNBlondes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 03:09 PM   #18
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

How about big screens showing the actual waiting lists so people can check their position when they walk by the store.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 04:03 PM   #19
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
I'll RENT my watches and charge the AD for every wrist it goes on!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 04:11 PM   #20
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor

Aren’t Rolex boutiques’ windows now filled with exhibition models? I read here on the forum that it’s the trend lately.
My Rolex boutique has alway have actually models on display, almost all SS models too.
I love their videos by the way. Exquisitely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 January 2022, 04:19 PM   #21
T.Mas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
It’s beer o’clock.
I’m with Chewie on this.
T.Mas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 04:54 PM   #22
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
why blame rolex only? PP, AP boutiques also have nothing to see in their display cases.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 10:39 PM   #23
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
why blame rolex only? PP, AP boutiques also have nothing to see in their display cases.
No 'blame' at all (it's weak politicians and central banks to blame for this mess), am simply hoping to provide a bit of customer opinion and trying ideas that may help. Other brands could use some help, sure, yet that's their 'problem' as they've fallen off the Holy Trinity list and can't 'pivot' properly either.