The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 10 February 2010, 07:24 AM   #1
Earl Camembert
Banned

Need expert opinion DD.

I held this watch in my hands but had doubts. This is not the seller I dealt with he sold it back to this seller.

The watch was good but the bracelet didn't look like Rolex; this seller says it is Argentina made for Rolex; that could be. I had my doubts about the diamonds being original.

It was presented to me with box and papers; this is not the box I saw. The papers were questionable also. This seller doesn't show the papers.

Comment please.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-MENS-18K-D...item27af1a5c50

P.S. Well this is interesting; as stated when I saw the watch it had papers. Now this seller tells me this.

Me: Does this watch have the original Rolex guarantee paper work with an authorized dealer stamp?

Seller: No but if you wish to have a piece of paper from Rolex authenticating it, simply send to Rolex & that will make an insurance appraisal for $150 & you can have a fancy piece of paper telling you what I have already stated, 100% authentic Rolex. I am a watch dealer.
Good Luck,
Chris
Earl Camembert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rlx=3, Tdr=3, Om=3
Unfarmiliar with anything from Argentina....the end links look totally wrong to me (when compared to my own same model from '84).....having said that it looks like a fantastically presented piece.....I would be wary but it is intriguing...one other thing, mine has lume dots beside each hour marker/diamond, not sure if they should always be present but I don't remember seeing one without (unless it had no hand lume)
Colnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2010, 08:49 AM   #3
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
Unfarmiliar with anything from Argentina....the end links look totally wrong to me (when compared to my own same model from '84).....having said that it looks like a fantastically presented piece.....I would be wary but it is intriguing...one other thing, mine has lume dots beside each hour marker/diamond, not sure if they should always be present but I don't remember seeing one without (unless it had no hand lume)
When I held the watch my concern was about the bracelet, dial and paperwork. The first time this seller sold the watch it had paperwork that didn't look right to me. When it was sold back to him the paperwork went with it. Now he claims not to have paperwork.

I'm sure the watch is good but it would cost over $4000 to have Rolex USA service it and make it right. I could have bought it for $5500 but didn't pull the trigger before it was sold back to this seller.
Old 10 February 2010, 08:53 AM   #4
mastermixer
"TRF" Member

The band should be 8385 according to mine.
mastermixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
The band should be 8385 according to mine.
OK but the seller admits the band was made in Argentinian but by Rolex, this may be true.`As it is not the original band that came on the watch it sent up a red flag. Thank you for the picture of the paperwork, the one I saw didn't have band number printed on it. I'm sure the paperwork was fake.

R18038 820 B8385 What does the 820 in that number mean.
Old 10 February 2010, 10:56 AM   #6
Earl Camembert
Banned

This from the sellers site; to me the genuine D'A bracelet has raised letters as opposed to his bracelet that is stamped.

Comments and opinions welcome.

Old 10 February 2010, 12:09 PM   #7
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Earl,

so far, the endlinks are bothering me... Plus the fit to the case seems rather sloppy.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2010, 12:18 PM   #8
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Earl,

so far, the endlinks are bothering me... Plus the fit to the case seems rather sloppy.
Thank you for your reply; I appreciate it. If one just wanted a DD this would be a fine watch; if one wanted a collector item this would cost an additional $4000.00 to have Roles USA make it right, IMHO of course.