The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 February 2014, 03:19 AM   #1
KBM
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

DSSD bracelet adjustment question

Hey, gals and guys,

I'm trying to figure out what the best adjustment of the DSSD would be for my wrist. Many of you have commented that the watch is more comfortable once the diver extension is removed, so I plan to do that. Additionally, when sizing my 114060 bracelet, three links were removed. Since the consensus seems to be that the diver extension on the DSSD equals 1 link in size, should I remove the extension plus 2 links? If this is the case, would it be best to remove 1 link from the 6 o'clock side and one from the 12 o'clock side, or 2 from the same side (the goal here being leaving the clasp centered under the wrist)?

The opinions of DSSD owners who have been through this is appreciated.

KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 04:36 AM   #2
Keith1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C blue, DSSD
I had the divers extension removed day one, and it now fits perfect. Before it was removed, my DSSD was just too loose. Also read on here it is more comfortable to wear with it removed. I do use it for diving, and it still works over my warm water suit with the extension gone, and the bracelet let all the way out. Try it first with the extension gone, and then go from there.
Keith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 04:43 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Hey, gals and guys,

I'm trying to figure out what the best adjustment of the DSSD would be for my wrist. Many of you have commented that the watch is more comfortable once the diver extension is removed, so I plan to do that. Additionally, when sizing my 114060 bracelet, three links were removed. Since the consensus seems to be that the diver extension on the DSSD equals 1 link in size, should I remove the extension plus 2 links? If this is the case, would it be best to remove 1 link from the 6 o'clock side and one from the 12 o'clock side, or 2 from the same side (the goal here being leaving the clasp centered under the wrist)?

The opinions of DSSD owners who have been through this is appreciated.

glad it wasn't just me...

not sure this helps but...

the 114060 is a smaller watch head so the number of links removed won't equal the same size difference on a dssd.

i've found removing only from the 6 side (for lefty wearers) works best. it will not be perfectly centred but the buckle/clasp is quite wide anyway and its a good compromise. i removed one link from the 6 side and have the comfort ext fully closed. i don;t like it partially extended and i have not removed the d.e. from the watch. not sure why. its just me.

i was also advised by my ad that (take this lightly) all clasps should be more 6 side biased (for leftys) as they're not necessarily designed to be perfectly centred. i nodded but didn;t take this too seriously but it does make for a good compromise. i eventually did decided on a rubber-b and couldn't be happier.

good luck
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 05:03 AM   #4
KBM
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Coincidence or not, the watchmaker that sized my 114060 (at the Rolex 5th ave. store) took all three links out of the 6 o'clock side. I thought this made the watch look a little off balance on the wrist, because the clasp was almost curving itself on the inner side of my wrist, where the bracelet had fewer links.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 05:44 AM   #5
bparone
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, DJII, Smstr
I would NEVER consider removing the Gridlock. Wish all models had it.
bparone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 05:50 AM   #6
Keith1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C blue, DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bparone View Post
I would NEVER consider removing the Gridlock. Wish all models had it.

We were not talking about removing the glidelock, just the divers extension on the bracelet. I also wish all models had the glidelock, best thing since sliced bread!
Keith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 06:16 AM   #7
FlyinM3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Coincidence or not, the watchmaker that sized my 114060 (at the Rolex 5th ave. store) took all three links out of the 6 o'clock side. I thought this made the watch look a little off balance on the wrist, because the clasp was almost curving itself on the inner side of my wrist, where the bracelet had fewer links.
I had my 114060 adjusted here as well, and they took 2 off the 6 o'clock side and 1 off the 12 o'clock side (while keeping the glidelock set half way on the rail) The watchmaker told me this gives the best balance for the clasp to stay centered.
FlyinM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 06:20 AM   #8
bparone
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, DJII, Smstr
Oh my god. Didn't even know it existed. Just found it on my DSSD! lol. I'd be surprised if removing it made much of a difference. It's very comfy with it.

Another lesson from TRF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith1 View Post
We were not talking about removing the glidelock, just the divers extension on the bracelet. I also wish all models had it, best thing since sliced bread!
bparone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 07:47 AM   #9
SALTY
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six
Like the Glidelock, didn't like the divers extension so much.
Old 19 February 2014, 05:28 PM   #10
xbox
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hunting ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bparone View Post
Oh my god. Didn't even know it existed. Just found it on my DSSD! lol. I'd be surprised if removing it made much of a difference. It's very comfy with it.

Another lesson from TRF.
It is significantly more comfortable, since the equivalent number of bracelet links offers more articulation than the divers extension link
xbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 05:30 PM   #11
xbox
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hunting ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinM3 View Post
I had my 114060 adjusted here as well, and they took 2 off the 6 o'clock side and 1 off the 12 o'clock side (while keeping the glidelock set half way on the rail) The watchmaker told me this gives the best balance for the clasp to stay centered.
Thats the way to do it

There's no reason for the clasp not to centre, given the adjustability of glidelock.
xbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2014, 09:12 PM   #12
alixg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox View Post
Thats the way to do it

There's no reason for the clasp not to centre, given the adjustability of glidelock.
Exactly, but I would get rid of the diver extension and put standard links instead (2)
alixg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustment , bracelet , divers extension , dssd