The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 July 2020, 02:26 AM   #1
Sarky450
Banned

Submariner 16610LV movement check up

Hi all. I’m looking for some experience with these movements. I’ll try and make this as short as poss.

I’ve just got my hands on a Kermit 2008 which I love, it’s unpolished and unserviced and almost unworn although a few marks here and there. The bezel was quite tough to move as there was dirt under there so it might have sat for a while. It seems to be keeping time very well after a few days running, however, when I’m manually winding it, it feels tight (in a good way) and almost scratchy (but in a good way) and the second hand speeds up slightly when I’m winding it and then slows back down when I stop. Is this normal? Can people give me an idea of what it should feel like? (Do I need a service?)

I have owned an explorer ii 16570 which when wound, it give a nice clicking sound and winding it is very easy. I have owned a subC and that felt like warm butter and as smooth as anything!

Sorry if I’ve gone on for too long..

Many thanks for any info
Sarky450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 02:35 AM   #2
dricig
"TRF" Member

Bring it in to an authorized dealer to check it out and to also verify if it is authentic.
dricig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 05:27 PM   #3
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarky450 View Post
Hi all. I’m looking for some experience with these movements. I’ll try and make this as short as poss.

I’ve just got my hands on a Kermit 2008 which I love, it’s unpolished and unserviced and almost unworn although a few marks here and there. The bezel was quite tough to move as there was dirt under there so it might have sat for a while. It seems to be keeping time very well after a few days running, however, when I’m manually winding it, it feels tight (in a good way) and almost scratchy (but in a good way) and the second hand speeds up slightly when I’m winding it and then slows back down when I stop. Is this normal? Can people give me an idea of what it should feel like? (Do I need a service?)

I have owned an explorer ii 16570 which when wound, it give a nice clicking sound and winding it is very easy. I have owned a subC and that felt like warm butter and as smooth as anything!

Many thanks for any info
It should feel similar to your other Rolex watches when winding.
Your observations around the speeding up when winding are most interesting
I second the idea of having an authorised dealer take a look at it.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 05:43 PM   #4
ThatSubGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarky450 View Post

Many thanks for any info
It's 12 years old. It needs a service, oils and lube is long dried up.
ThatSubGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 06:52 PM   #5
illiguy
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSubGuy View Post
It's 12 years old. It needs a service, oils and lube is long dried up.
This.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 07:11 PM   #6
Sarky450
Banned

Thank you everyone. Whilst this is not my daily and I’m in not rush as it still runs well, I’ll be sure to take it into a dealer and get it looked at. The authenticity was checked when I picked it up.

Thanks
Sarky450 is offline   Reply With Quote