The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 March 2024, 07:55 AM   #1
jumpmaster 175
"TRF" Member

The Mall at Milenia (Orlando FL)

FYI,

Only one DJ available for purchase in the Rolex Boutique. As we were perusing, saw 3 different people add their names to the list...

p.s. was also in the Montblanc store and they have a limited edition Ferrari designed pen for $29K!

Happy Shopping!
jumpmaster 175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 08:10 AM   #2
~Ocho1~
"TRF" Member

I had my name on the list at that boutique for the past 3 years. Honestly gave up on them. The girls seem too snobby. You can't call to inquire on your list, you need to go by in person & every time I would go by there was a different SA.

On the other hand, the Mayors at Florida Mall has this one SA who is a cool guy & has offered me 2 watches. Unfortunately I turned them down, one was a Tudor BB GMT, but once I tried it on in person I just felt it was too tall for my liking & the other was a DJ 41, which I had already acquired like a month before he called me.

Hoping I get the call for an Explorer I soon.
~Ocho1~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 09:21 AM   #3
goldfixer21
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

I don't even bother going in that shop when I am in the mall. Associates aren't very nice, and you typically have to wait outside the store until they allow you in.
goldfixer21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 09:40 AM   #4
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
I just picked one up recently there. TT Explorer 1. Hope to have another soon as they have a 3 month waiting period between purchases. Usually in the mornings they put a few DJ’s out for sale. Usually less popular models. But they get sold fast.
Kinnakeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 09:43 AM   #5
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ocho1~ View Post
I had my name on the list at that boutique for the past 3 years. Honestly gave up on them. The girls seem too snobby. You can't call to inquire on your list, you need to go by in person & every time I would go by there was a different SA.

On the other hand, the Mayors at Florida Mall has this one SA who is a cool guy & has offered me 2 watches. Unfortunately I turned them down, one was a Tudor BB GMT, but once I tried it on in person I just felt it was too tall for my liking & the other was a DJ 41, which I had already acquired like a month before he called me.

Hoping I get the call for an Explorer I soon.
My husband just got an LV Sub there and most hard to get models over the years. We just bought two cartiers and a GS there last week. Sadly they close at the end of April.
Old 5 March 2024, 06:40 PM   #6
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

At some point, I believe this will be the ONLY Rolex AD in Central Florida.

Florida Mall Mayors will be closing soon (Rolex already gone) and the two AD's on the east coast (Daytona and Melbourne) are very small independents that I would expect to be relieved of their status at some point as they won't meet the store front requirements.

This would be best for Rolex as it centralizes the distribution into a beautiful new store in a high end mall that will service (and control) that market for years. Done and Dusted. That is unless Bucherer comes to town, then bye bye WOS / Mayors.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 08:57 PM   #7
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
That particular Boutique has been very good to me over the years.
I can't say the same for all ADs but this one has come through for me every time.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 12:47 AM   #8
~Ocho1~
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
My husband just got an LV Sub there and most hard to get models over the years. We just bought two cartiers and a GS there last week. Sadly they close at the end of April.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
At some point, I believe this will be the ONLY Rolex AD in Central Florida.

Florida Mall Mayors will be closing soon (Rolex already gone) and the two AD's on the east coast (Daytona and Melbourne) are very small independents that I would expect to be relieved of their status at some point as they won't meet the store front requirements.

This would be best for Rolex as it centralizes the distribution into a beautiful new store in a high end mall that will service (and control) that market for years. Done and Dusted. That is unless Bucherer comes to town, then bye bye WOS / Mayors.
The Florida Mall Mayors is closing?

Well, that sucks as the SA there was a really nice guy. I was really hoping that he would eventually hook me up.

Honestly dislike the Mall of Millenia Rolex Boutique. Reminds me of Miami with the snobby SA's who act like they're doing you a favor selling you a $10K-$15k watch.

I got no problem going grey, just not going to pay 40% or more over MSRP.
Old 6 March 2024, 01:03 AM   #9
Dayhvac
2024 Pledge Member

I just bought a 2 tone datejust from them few weeks back , salesman was super friendly and happy to just chat .
Dayhvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 01:59 AM   #10
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The Florida Mall Mayors is closing?

Well, that sucks as the SA there was a really nice guy. I was really hoping that he would eventually hook me up.

Honestly dislike the Mall of Millenia Rolex Boutique. Reminds me of Miami with the snobby SA's who act like they're doing you a favor selling you a $10K-$15k watch.

I got no problem going grey, just not going to pay 40% or more over MSRP.
Yes. End of April.

See Wonn at the boutique. He’s nice. Much different than the others that work there. He came over from the Florida Mall Mayors.
Old 6 March 2024, 03:36 AM   #11
~Ocho1~
"TRF" Member

Yep, just texted Roger, the SA who I always talk to & he said April 30th will probably the last day. I was about to take my Speedmaster over there to send to Omega for service. Guess I'll head over to Orlando Watch Co. in Winter Park instead.
Old 6 March 2024, 04:23 AM   #12
bbgun
2024 Pledge Member

I second talking with Wann at Millenia. He was my contact at Florida Mall so glad he's sticking around. I was at the Florida Mall location last week...only a few exhibition Rolex models on display, Cartier just about all gone. Still have Breitling, Omega, Oris, etc. Maybe they'll start dealing on some things as it gets closer to closure?
bbgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 06:35 AM   #13
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep, just texted Roger, the SA who I always talk to & he said April 30th will probably the last day. I was about to take my Speedmaster over there to send to Omega for service. Guess I'll head over to Orlando Watch Co. in Winter Park instead.
I’ve purchased several GS’s from Scott, Fred and Igor. Fun place for sure. Nice people. Lots to see.
Old 6 March 2024, 11:15 AM   #14
JimkissJum
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
I’ve purchased several GS’s from Scott, Fred and Igor. Fun place for sure. Nice people. Lots to see.
What did you buy?
JimkissJum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 11:31 AM   #15
TheHulk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tonas
Well hopefully you were smart enough to buy the pen!!
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 09:04 PM   #16
1st amg
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
Well hopefully you were smart enough to buy the pen!!
I think the smart move would have been to buy the Ferrari stock instead of that pen
1st amg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 09:19 PM   #17
Bill2e
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
I second talking with Wann at Millenia. He was my contact at Florida Mall so glad he's sticking around. I was at the Florida Mall location last week...only a few exhibition Rolex models on display, Cartier just about all gone. Still have Breitling, Omega, Oris, etc. Maybe they'll start dealing on some things as it gets closer to closure?
Why is the Florida Mall location closing?
Bill2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 09:28 PM   #18
bbgun
2024 Pledge Member

I was told that location lost Rolex and Cartier. One of their other SA’s is moving to their shop at Millenia (1st floor with IWC, Grand Seiko, CPO Rolex right next to Tudor) and the manager to another shop in the Midwest. Can’t confirm any of that, just what was said.
bbgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 09:44 PM   #19
Wizo
"TRF" Member

I have had zero luck with them at Millennia. I have tried the pop in and talk to them every few weeks and nothing. Been over a year now.
Wizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 01:37 AM   #20
~Ocho1~
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizo View Post
I have had zero luck with them at Millennia. I have tried the pop in and talk to them every few weeks and nothing. Been over a year now.
yeah, like I said I gave up on them. I got on the list for a DJ back in April 2022. Kept going by every month & a half or so (since they wouldn't take a phone call), every time there was a different SA & no one seemed very interested in getting the watch.

Now that Florida Mall Mayors is closing I may have to go back to Millenia. Hope I can switch SA's, cuz the girl that originally took my info back in 2022 seemed ditzy AF & the other girl seemed like one of those Miami girls that needs to know what car you drive & how much you make before considering going out on a date with you, lol.
Old 7 March 2024, 02:43 AM   #21
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
Why is the Florida Mall location closing?
Rolex and Cartier pulled the plug from that mayors due to the demographics of that mall. When that happened Mayors decided it was time to close that location.

Cartier is getting a boutique next year in Mellenia. When that happens Mayors most likely will lose Cartier.
Old 7 March 2024, 02:46 AM   #22
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
I was told that location lost Rolex and Cartier. One of their other SA’s is moving to their shop at Millenia (1st floor with IWC, Grand Seiko, CPO Rolex right next to Tudor) and the manager to another shop in the Midwest. Can’t confirm any of that, just what was said.
Not a manager but the one lady went to a jeweller in Ohio. Another is going to Reeds Jewelers.

One of the guys will go run Tudor. Another went to Rolex a third will manage Mayors in Mellenia.
Old 7 March 2024, 06:56 AM   #23
espressojoe
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
I hope everything works out. I don't have anything good to say about the Melbourne/Indialantic AD, Kempf's Jewelers. They expect you to have a certain spend amount on their own-design jewelry and be a certain 'class' person before they think you are good enough for a Rolex.

I'm clearly a watch enthusiast with means and have dealt with a nice SA there and showed him several watches that I own for his own interest, including vintage Rolexes. I know that he has tried to put in a good word for me, but I was told that I don't fall into the type person that the owners want to sell to.

In my opinion, Kempf's represents everything that is wrong with certain Rolex AD's. I've had good experiences at all of the Mall at Millenia WOS boutiques.
espressojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 07:38 AM   #24
RKunz
"TRF" Member

Does that little dealer in Lutz still carry Rolex watches? Now that’s a head scratcher. Can’t for the life of me understand why Rolex would need a tiny dealer in a one traffic light town. Most people have never heard of Lutz.
RKunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 07:46 AM   #25
RKunz
"TRF" Member

Rolex probably needs a total of 12 dealers in the state of Florida with 7 of them devoted to south Florida (Palm Beach to Miami). One in Naples, one in Tampa, one in Orlando, one in Jax & ????.
RKunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 08:00 AM   #26
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKunz View Post
Does that little dealer in Lutz still carry Rolex watches? Now that’s a head scratcher. Can’t for the life of me understand why Rolex would need a tiny dealer in a one traffic light town. Most people have never heard of Lutz.
They did when I was past a few months ago. Lutz is basically Tampa. Lots of wealth.
Old 7 March 2024, 08:02 AM   #27
espressojoe
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Those Florida locations sound good to me. The panhandle would be missing a store, but those recommendations would put most people about 1.5 hours or less from an AD.

Kempf's Jewelers is literally 8 minutes from my home and I drive by them twice a day. I would still rather drive to Orlando than deal with the Kempf family.
espressojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 08:04 AM   #28
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKunz View Post
Rolex probably needs a total of 12 dealers in the state of Florida with 7 of them devoted to south Florida (Palm Beach to Miami). One in Naples, one in Tampa, one in Orlando, one in Jax & ????.
At one time there was approximately 10 locations in the Orlando area that were Rolex AD’s. Two were in Millenia Mall, imagine that. Going to be interesting now that Orlando will have one location and Tampa is moving in that direction.
Old 7 March 2024, 08:24 AM   #29
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by espressojoe View Post
I hope everything works out. I don't have anything good to say about the Melbourne/Indialantic AD, Kempf's Jewelers. They expect you to have a certain spend amount on their own-design jewelry and be a certain 'class' person before they think you are good enough for a Rolex.

I'm clearly a watch enthusiast with means and have dealt with a nice SA there and showed him several watches that I own for his own interest, including vintage Rolexes. I know that he has tried to put in a good word for me, but I was told that I don't fall into the type person that the owners want to sell to.

In my opinion, Kempf's represents everything that is wrong with certain Rolex AD's. I've had good experiences at all of the Mall at Millenia WOS boutiques.
I would expect Kempfs to be off the roster anyway
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 12:16 PM   #30
magootrp11
"TRF" Member

Watch: ISO 126710BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by espressojoe View Post
Those Florida locations sound good to me. The panhandle would be missing a store, but those recommendations would put most people about 1.5 hours or less from an AD.

Kempf's Jewelers is literally 8 minutes from my home and I drive by them twice a day. I would still rather drive to Orlando than deal with the Kempf family.

Hello,
Newbie on forum and first post. I do not have a Rolex yet but I listed two weeks ago at Kempfs for a GMT.

Could you explain a bit more as to the reputation of the store either here or PM?

Called Mayors at Florida Mall and wanted me to make an appt. Ended showing up there and told me they were closing and was like why didnt you state this on the phone? Told me to go to Millenia…

My ideal watch is the blue and red bezel in SS. I hear that is the Eleanor for this watch.

Not trying to hijack thread!

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
magootrp11 is offline   Reply With Quote