The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 19 June 2024, 12:10 PM   #1
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
Moser Debate....

OK
I have two Moser watches

Purple Haze was a LE of 10 watches H Moser did with The Horophile in 2016
Stainless Steel Venturer XL which I can't imagine selling anytime as its a LE, the first SS watch Moser did and it has a purple balance wheel and hairspring

I also have a Pioneer Centre Seconds Cosmic Green on the black sailcloth strap (even bought a bracelet that Ive never put it on). I love it but I just don't wear it as much as I thought I would as it's either too tight on one whole or too loose on the next hole (the reason I favor bracelet watches)

Tonight I was thinking what if I was to trade into a Streamliner? There was the Salmon dial, Green and Purple.

Is the green the same as on the Pioneer Center Seconds? In pics it seems to have more of an olive green tone.

Salmon it just looks brownish to me and lacks the fume effect in my eyes compared to the others.

Purple. Can I really have two purple Mosers? Are the purples even out yet (I couldn't find one on C24)

Last. All the ones Ive seen on C24 have the name on the dial in white while on the Moser website (and a few posted here in the Moser thread) just have the name etched or engraved. When did they start doing this as I think it looks much better than the boldness of white.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 03:16 PM   #2
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Cool purple Moser!

I do think the greens are different. I wouldn’t say the SL is olive but it’s still an apt comparison to your pioneer

I think the salmon is probably something you have to see with your eyeballs.

Having said that, the purple is compelling. And why not 2 purples? A little focus in a collection is charming. A purple moser collection? Not uncool.

The blue small seconds is also pretty rad.

Re: the logo, I think they did the lacquer with the mega cool, the heritage dual time, and the SL perpetual calendar. Probably more?
Golden Palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 08:43 PM   #3
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Your post doesn’t indicate if your current green piece has a folding buckle or a pin buckle. If the latter, maybe consider picking up the folding buckle option. That will take up just a bit of slack in the looser position. I put one on my funky blue heritage and am quite pleased with the fit.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 09:16 PM   #4
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

I would absolutely make the move up to a Streamliner - I think that line is what epitomizes current Moser. As you already have another time only Moser perhaps you want to look at the Flyback Chrono or Perpetual and spice things up a bit.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 09:45 PM   #5
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
I’ve seen you post that purple haze LE before and I love it every time I see it. It’s a beauty.

The Pioneer Centre Seconds green is different than the Green Dragon Streamliner.

The salmon looks way better in person than online. It’s a great dial.

I’m very biased here because purple is my favorite color. I think the main question is will you wear them as much as you’d like? You had that issue with the green Pioneer where you like it but it’s not getting enough wrist time. It’s just a matter of you’ll put it on your wrist as much as you’d like. I wouldn’t have a problem with 2 purple dials from the same brand but others might. To me they are very different watches so I’d say yes, but it’s all personal preference.

I don’t know if anyone has taken delivery of the Purple Streamliner yet. I put a deposit down and it’s supposed to arrive before the end of the year. I’d be surprised if someone hasn’t gotten one yet.

The Streamliner Purple haze and the revamped Green Dragon both have a transparent lacquer logo. I believe that change just started with these two new releases.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 10:42 PM   #6
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Since early 2023 the new releases have had a subtle etching of the brand name on the dial, rather than white.

As for the salmon streamliner, the dial color is amazing and you really need to see it person rather than in pictures. They are also discontinued as it was a 2023 only release. So you would need to purchase one off the gray market.

Your watches are great. Try add a streamliner without moving those on. I know I know! It’s easy for me to say!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 11:44 PM   #7
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

I say keep them all and add the Purple Haze Streamliner. Not as ADs as best i know, tho yesterday someone did snag a wrist shot on the main H. Moser thread
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...664663&page=20

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 03:07 AM   #8
WatchTimes

So I slept on it and I want to get into a new Streamliner.
Im going to have to wait till they start showing up on the forums and C24 though.

After sleeping on it I have kinda warmed up to the Salmon dial but I think I am going to go purple with the new movement as I like the clean dial (versus the older green and purple logo) and the new movement looks amazing.

The chrono is really nice, especially the movement but I like the cleaner dial on the 3 hander more.

Old 20 June 2024, 03:25 AM   #9
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
So I slept on it and I want to get into a new Streamliner.
Im going to have to wait till they start showing up on the forums and C24 though.

After sleeping on it I have kinda warmed up to the Salmon dial but I think I am going to go purple with the new movement as I like the clean dial (versus the older green and purple logo) and the new movement looks amazing.

The chrono is really nice, especially the movement but I like the cleaner dial on the 3 hander more.
Nice.

I like how many forum members are gonna get the Purple Streamliner.

In retrospect we probably should’ve looked into doing a forum exclusive collab with Moser lol.
Old 20 June 2024, 04:53 AM   #10
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Counter proposal:

Get a new strap for the lovely green moser you have, one that fits just right.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2024, 05:19 AM   #11
WatchTimes

WOW
Reached out to Moser and expressed my interest on the new Purple Streamliner.
They are quoting a delivery of 1st qtr 2026!
Im far too impatient for that LOL

Old 22 June 2024, 06:11 AM   #12
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
WOW
What? That’s crazy. But at least it means it’s not limited edition just production.

I don’t blame you for not wanting to wait.
Old 22 June 2024, 07:10 AM   #13
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Not surprised. It’s a cool watch. I’d get on the list as I don’t see these go under list for the foreseeable future.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2024, 07:36 AM   #14
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
WOW
Not surprised :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBaker View Post
Not surprised. It’s a cool watch. I’d get on the list....
There is a lot going on in these latest Streampiner releases that really makes it stand out. Love the evolution of the movement big time! For those who never saw the bracelet in person, it's spectacular imho. Am looking forward to seeing how silky it feels on the wrist

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote