The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 March 2024, 01:13 AM   #1
Weestrom
"TRF" Member

I need advice on having my Datejust serviced

SPECIAL NOTE!!: IF IT SOUNDS LIKE I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU ARE GREATLY MISTAKEN!!

I own a 16030 (SS Datejust with a Jubilee bracelet) I purchased it new at an authorized Rolex dealer in Germany in 1983. I have the original receipt from the AD and the Guarantee card. They INSIST IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT A "VINTAGE" ROLEX.

I've discussed servicing with the Rolex folks (833-765-3900). Whenever I call this number they tell me they are in Dallas where the national service call center is. See this for an interesting side note RE the Dallas training center ( I don't have enough posts to post a link) published on February 22, 2024. This is also great to see: ( I don't have enough posts to post a link)
I, probably like many, only want just the following done: Open the case, assess what it needs and send me an estimate, dismantle the movement, replace what needs replacing, ultrasonic clean, reassemble, and H2O check. I do not want the original bracelet, dial, and hands replaced (the tritium has long since faded). I am fine with an ultrasonic but don't want them to polish the case or bracelet.

I have talked to one AD (a fairly large one with 6 or 8 stores) who said he would lobby hard for me to do only what I want. I was going to send my watch down to Dallas myself but I am intrigued about his offer. His company certainly has more influence than I as an individual. I thought what the hell, I've (HOPEFULLY) got nothing to lose having them send it to Dallas. My understanding is I can decline the estimate and they would return my watch with no charge. I could surely use some advice from you veterans of the forum. MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE.

One more thing: I am seriously considering sending my jubilee bracelet to Klokkeland ( I don't have enough posts to post a link ) to repair the stretch in my 41 year old bracelet. This is what they do: ( I don't have enough posts to post a link). I found out about this service here: ( I don't have enough posts to post a link ). And here is his follow up video after he got his bracelet back: ( I don't have enough posts to post a link). This ALL may be VERY OLD info for most of you here and I hope it did not bore you but I thought it was interesting and would like to know if any forum members have dealt with this company and did you have a good experience?
Weestrom is offline   Reply With Quote