The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 April 2006, 12:40 PM   #1
Hellcat65

Icon2 Funy, at least I thought so......

Heres a good one...I went to the mall tonight with the wife and kids not knowing there is a AD in the mall. Now I dont normally wear a rolex to the mall since its kind of a seedy crowd there and you never know what could happen so just for kicks I slipped on my "replica" Cat.1 Daytona, I feel a little safer wearing that than the real deal when slumming around. So as I happen by the jewelry store I notice the Rolex sign and decide to go in and pay a little homage to all the Rollies laying about. I noticed a sign (actually alot of signs) in the display case that clearly reads: "Photo ID REQUIRED to Look at the Rolex watches". Here I am wearing a replica looking at the real deal in the cases when one of the sales girls walks over and asks if I'd like to look at anything? Mind you, Im wearing jeans, tennis shoes, and a long sleeve tee shirt, not dressed up, just got a nice watch on. Well........sure I said, Id like to see that Sub with the Pepsi dial. Now without so much as the blink of an eye she's got the case open the watch off the holder and handing to me like I was one of their best customers! Again, Im wearing a replica Daytona....now I wear my watch with the face, facing in, not out so you cant really see that its a Daytona all you can see is the band and that Rollie crown that barks attention to it. The woman grabs my wrist (gently) and flips it over for a quick inspection of the watch and tells me how beautiful it is, then inquires why I wear a watch that way. After explaining that I wear it that way because its uncomfortable the correct way she compliments the watch once more and asks if theirs any others I'd like to look at. Apparently this Cat.1 is a damn good Replica after all.
Ok, so theres nothing like the real deal, but Im pretty impressed with the junk on my wrist tonight. The "Other" benefit I get from the Replicas? I can actually try out the watch without investing a fortune in one and wind up not liking it. Ive actually found I dont enjoy wearing the Daytona as much as I thought I would and will likely move to something a little less dramatic.
Hope you all have a great weekend.....
HC
Hellcat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2006, 12:49 PM   #2
Clifton

I don't get it...how does one feel good about fooling other people about owning something they don't have?

There again, sales people are not that much of a challenge so I guess that is easy prey if you want to pretend.

The best part about FAKE Rolex watches, is that their owners are never fooled and always know that they are wearing a FAKE. Enjoy.....
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2006, 01:46 PM   #3
Rto
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ-AP-PP-Rolex
Rto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2006, 07:21 PM   #4
mailman
TRF Moderator & SUBMARINER 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
I don't get it...how does one feel good about fooling other people about owning something they don't have?

There again, sales people are not that much of a challenge so I guess that is easy prey if you want to pretend.

The best part about FAKE Rolex watches, is that their owners are never fooled and always know that they are wearing a FAKE. Enjoy.....
I'm with you here Clifton. Fakes suck.
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2006, 08:03 PM   #5
Islander

"Well........sure I said, Id like to see that Sub with the Pepsi dial."

So I guess they're selling fakes themselves?!

(Sorry, a cheap line... but it would be a GMT of course... subs with pepsi dials are popular amongst the "rolex out of a suitcase" type of sellers - )
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2006, 09:46 PM   #6
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander
"Well........sure I said, Id like to see that Sub with the Pepsi dial."

So I guess they're selling fakes themselves?!

(Sorry, a cheap line... but it would be a GMT of course... subs with pepsi dials are popular amongst the "rolex out of a suitcase" type of sellers - )
Do you mean (lower lip trembling), you mean...... my pepsi Sea Dweller is a fake as well? The nice man on the corner even gave me a certificate stating: "I state that this is a genuine Polex".
Old 29 April 2006, 10:38 PM   #7
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch
Do you mean (lower lip trembling), you mean...... my pepsi Sea Dweller is a fake as well? The nice man on the corner even gave me a certificate stating: "I state that this is a genuine Polex".
LOL - and that's not even mentioning the flat "S" on it!!!
Old 29 April 2006, 10:44 PM   #8
Hellcat65

Gotcha.....(sorry).

HC
Old 29 April 2006, 10:45 PM   #9
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat65
Gotcha.....(sorry).
HC
Hey! April 1st has come and gone!
Old 30 April 2006, 02:46 AM   #10
seanneok11
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ap,rolex, rolex
''slumming'' that phrase really sucks man
seanneok11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 03:15 AM   #11
Russel

Watch: Submariner, GMT II
What's funny is wearing a real Rolex and letting everyone think it's a fake. Most people don't even notice. I've been wearing my Sub for the last two weeks and nobody has even given it a second glance. I kind of like that; I know it's real!
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 03:27 AM   #12
BreitSheik

What's funny is wearing my Polex and let everyone guess what they think it is.

BreitSheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 03:27 AM   #13
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Gotcha.....(sorry).

HC
edt

Last edited by C.J.; 25 May 2006 at 03:23 AM..
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 04:03 AM   #14
Clifton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreitSheik
What's funny is wearing my Polex and let everyone guess what they think it is.
If you are going to post a fake, at least post a "good" one. That one looks fisher price.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 04:04 AM   #15
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
If you are going to post a fake, at least post a "good" one. That one looks fisher price.
Looks like the red was colored with a sharpie.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 04:19 AM   #16
BreitSheik

Quote:
Okay, How 'bout this ...

BreitSheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 06:17 AM   #17
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
This is one of the craziest threads I've ever come across. It started with one guy telling us how he bluffed his way into an AD with a fake Daytona, then we have a stupid sales lady who responds to a Sub with a Pepsi bezel and now we have pictures of fakes galore.

Do we really have to walk this path?

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 06:19 AM   #18
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
This is one of the craziest threads I've ever come across. It started with one guy telling us how he bluffed his way into an AD with a fake Daytona, then we have a stupid sales lady who responds to a Sub with a Pepsi bezel and now we have pictures of fakes galore.

Do we really have to walk this path?
You could keep this going by posting pics of your fakes, JJ.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 06:21 AM   #19
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex
You could keep this going by posting pics of your fakes, JJ.
Mine was a serious post, Ed. On any other forum those pics would have been deleted.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 30 April 2006, 06:34 AM   #20
LadyLex
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ oyster
Why would someone pay "hard earned" money for a fake, especially when you consider the cost of most replicas?

As far as your theory of "trying out" the watch with the fake first is completely missing the point of Rolex ownership. It's like test driving a Toyota and deciding not to by a Mercedes. Maybe it's me--I don't get it
LadyLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 06:39 AM   #21
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLex
Why would someone pay "hard earned" money for a fake, especially when you consider the cost of most replicas?

As far as your theory of "trying out" the watch with the fake first is completely missing the point of Rolex ownership. It's like test driving a Toyota and deciding not to by a Mercedes. Maybe it's me--I don't get it
You've got it spot-on, Lady Lex.....you have my vote!!

Old 30 April 2006, 07:51 AM   #22
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Gotcha.....(sorry).
HC
Ohhhh, I think I see what Hellcat is saying here (missed it the first time). I believe he is saying "OK, I get it. This post was a bad idea. Sorry 'bout that". If this is a true interpretation of the post, then disregard MY previous post about April Fool's Day...
Old 30 April 2006, 08:11 AM   #23
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince
Ohhhh, I think I see what Hellcat is saying here (missed it the first time). I believe he is saying "OK, I get it. This post was a bad idea. Sorry 'bout that". If this is a true interpretation of the post, then disregard MY previous post about April Fool's Day...
Prince, (mistake) that is the way I read his post too.

Hellcat, well you can see that fakes are not looked upon kindly in these parts. Many of us here have a true passion for Rolex, so when we see or hear about fakes it really hits a nerve.

How does the song go "once was lost, but now am found." Well you came to the correct place to start your long, and probably expensive journey into the wonderful world of real Rolexes. You came to the right madhouse indeed.

TRF saves another soul.

But by the time it is all said and done you might think the cure is worse than the problem. But if nothing else you will end up with a bunch of nice Real Rolex watches you (and your children, grandchildren, great-grandchildtren, etc...) can wear proudly.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 08:17 AM   #24
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. K
...you can see that fakes are not looked upon kindly in these parts. Many of us here have a true passion for Rolex, so when we see or hear about fakes it really hits a nerve.
Indeed, Mr. K. Indeed!
Old 30 April 2006, 08:20 AM   #25
----

Well Hellcat, I guess I don't understand why in the thread in the non-Rolex section you were concerned about buying a fake Tissot and/or Seiko, yet you openly admit to wearing a fake Daytona?

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=5741

And dignifying a fake by calling it a "replica" is certainly not good. It seems that your "reasoning" for buying these is simply a way of rationalizing the decision to make yourself feel better. Sorry, don't mean to be harsh, but as others have said fakes are not looked upon kindly (at all) here.

I can't recall where I first read it (on some watch forum) but there's a saying that has stuck with me since I entered this madness (hobby):

"Only fake people wear fake watches."

I hope you will see that buying the genuine item is the only way to go.

Old 30 April 2006, 11:29 AM   #26
Hellcat65

Ok.......first let me apologize for hitting any nerves here. It definately was not posted to impose that any Replica watch is better than the real thing. To Avalon, yes, I am concerned about purchasing a replica especially if I am making that purchase to resell. I wouldnt not want to decieve any one making a purchase from me no more than I would want to be decieved myself. If I choose to purchase a replica it is because that was a choice that i made on my own, not because I was conned into believing it was the real deal. I purchased my replica Daytona knowing full well what I was purchasing at the time and really like the watch, guess that somehow makes me fake, though like I also said, its not the watch for me.
As far as calling a person fake for wearing a fake....Hmmmm, that was a bit hard I thought, but thats cool I can take it. Bare in mind I said I have a fake Daytona, did I mention I do own other watches...Ok, who cares right? Im not here to fight, Id actually like to make some friends along the way. Prince had it correct, Yes, I get it...Thank-You! So for now maybe Ill just read some posts to keep my foot outta my mouth (Hopefully).
HC
Old 30 April 2006, 12:56 PM   #27
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Ok.......first let me apologize for hitting any nerves here. It definately was not posted to impose that any Replica watch is better than the real thing. To Avalon, yes, I am concerned about purchasing a replica especially if I am making that purchase to resell. I wouldnt not want to decieve any one making a purchase from me no more than I would want to be decieved myself. If I choose to purchase a replica it is because that was a choice that i made on my own, not because I was conned into believing it was the real deal. I purchased my replica Daytona knowing full well what I was purchasing at the time and really like the watch, guess that somehow makes me fake, though like I also said, its not the watch for me.
As far as calling a person fake for wearing a fake....Hmmmm, that was a bit hard I thought, but thats cool I can take it. Bare in mind I said I have a fake Daytona, did I mention I do own other watches...Ok, who cares right? Im not here to fight, Id actually like to make some friends along the way. Prince had it correct, Yes, I get it...Thank-You! So for now maybe Ill just read some posts to keep my foot outta my mouth (Hopefully).
HC

Mike, please don't get discouraged by this thread. Let me explain myself. I am a person that despises fakes, but you have to be genuine to post like you did above. I think it is pretty clear that you know you hit a hot spot and good for you for seeing that. Replicas are not something that WIS look to highly upon, for many reasons.

I think you are well on your way to making a ton of friends on this board, keep posting and enjoy this place, we will all enjoy your posts.

Even the guys that were harsh, did not mean to run you off, just state their points.

Like other things that happen live and learn.

Hope you keep contributing to our little forum.

Daren

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 04:28 PM   #28
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
HC
Hi Mike,

First and foremost your sincere apology, and that followed by your total honesty makes me feel that you're a great guy. Fake or no fake....one thing's for sure....you are one helluva genuine guy!!

Just stay on track, pal....and you'll go places...with the guys and gals on this forum and in your personal life.

Cheers & regards - JJ

Old 30 April 2006, 08:27 PM   #29
Islander

Quote:
HC
Mike, I reckon you'll work out just fine here... welcome to TRF. Sounds like you love watches as much as us and appreciate Rolex. That's the right recipe for here
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2006, 09:15 PM   #30
Prince
"TRF" Member

You 'da man, Mike. Your last post was a sign of guts and integrity. We can never fault that.

BTW, I'm not sure if you ever said that you owned an authentic Rolex. If not, perhaps one day you will. I can tell you that there is no better feeling than to have the real deal strapped to your wrist, whether anyone notices it or not (usually not). YOU will know.