The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 28 October 2019, 05:16 AM   #1
anzza_995
"TRF" Member

Which ROO to go for! Help needed

Hi everyone!

I am dying to get my hands on an AP Royal Oak Offshore and I need some advice to help me make my mind (hopefully).

I hope it is alright to open a new thread on the topic that has been covered many times - I simply found no answers to the questions I have on my mind. I try to be elaborate about what I am looking for, I have done quite a bit of C24 surfing to narrow down my choices.

In short: I'm looking for a colorful, versatile, sporty and fun watch to wear daily at the office, at home, while spending time with my buddies and so on. Offshore is definitely my type of watch, but I'm not fully sure which model to choose.

I like color blue and I was basically sure I want to get a Navy (26170ST), but lately I have become more and more interested in the Diver-collection, particularly the blue, white and yellow dial iterations. I want to go funky with colors and try different strap combinations. I want to have a colorful eye-catcher that puts a smile on my face day after day, while still having versatility to be worn with a casul business outfit.

So the question is - am I dreaming too big? Too contradictory maybe? Part of me is screaming to get the yellow one, on the other hand the blue dial version seems like a reasonable all-round choice, but I also know the white one would look stunning with different strap options.

If you have some opinion to share - I would appreciate much to hear it. I did not post any stock photos on the thread as I do not own them, I figured you guys know which models I am talking about :) Thank you in advance!
anzza_995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2019, 10:24 AM   #2
lllouisv1126
"TRF" Member

I was in a similar situation few years back and got myself an ROO Navy (in pics). Maybe I can offer my 2 cents.

The Navy wears nice and comfortable on rubber strap, but somehow I feel something is missing. It’s a very nice watch don’t get me wrong but looks too classic (or old) for an offshore, when in darker lighting conditions.

I may sell mine and get myself a more vibrant offshore. Ceramic / funky color is the way to go for offshore, for me.

But if you like a classy looking sports watch, it is a good starting point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3F6410A9-1F7F-4BA2-AFF1-818FDB97F811.jpeg (83.4 KB, 447 views)
File Type: jpeg 5C39BC99-930A-461F-B002-B86EDBC9A7E1.jpeg (68.9 KB, 442 views)
lllouisv1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2019, 05:05 PM   #3
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

In the Diver collection, I like the full ceramic version. Otherwise, one of the ceramic bezel versions would work great as a daily
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2019, 08:43 PM   #4
anzza_995
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllouisv1126 View Post
I was in a similar situation few years back and got myself an ROO Navy (in pics). Maybe I can offer my 2 cents.

The Navy wears nice and comfortable on rubber strap, but somehow I feel something is missing. It’s a very nice watch don’t get me wrong but looks too classic (or old) for an offshore, when in darker lighting conditions.

I may sell mine and get myself a more vibrant offshore. Ceramic / funky color is the way to go for offshore, for me.

But if you like a classy looking sports watch, it is a good starting point.
Thank you for the comment! I find myself having somewhat the same feeling, the Navy seems like a perfect choice but i kinda feel like i need the extra kick to it. I was also considering of buying a VC Overseas which is a great steel sportswatch as well, but these colorful Offshore Divers are just that much more appealing to me.

Do you have the steel bracelet as well or only the rubber strap(s)?
Old 28 October 2019, 08:45 PM   #5
anzza_995
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
In the Diver collection, I like the full ceramic version. Otherwise, one of the ceramic bezel versions would work great as a daily
For sure! You mean the black ceramic in particular or are there other color variations to choose from?
Old 28 October 2019, 09:52 PM   #6
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
The best diver that goes well with lots of colorful straps is the black or white dial diver. Being neutral they goes well with all kind of straps, including colored ones.

Here's my diver with all my strap options.

Old 28 October 2019, 10:31 PM   #7
anzza_995
"TRF" Member

I saw these photos you posted on the other thread, the black also seems to be very versatile!

Do you have the steel bracelet as well? If not, do you think it would match the the Diver?
Old 28 October 2019, 10:53 PM   #8
lllouisv1126
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzza_995 View Post
Thank you for the comment! I find myself having somewhat the same feeling, the Navy seems like a perfect choice but i kinda feel like i need the extra kick to it. I was also considering of buying a VC Overseas which is a great steel sportswatch as well, but these colorful Offshore Divers are just that much more appealing to me.

Do you have the steel bracelet as well or only the rubber strap(s)?
I only have the original navy croc strap, an extra white rubber strap, and a third party navy rubber strap. The metal bracelet for ROO is too bulky for my liking. The Navy is on rubber 95% of the time.

And what a coincident! I am also very interested in a VC overseas blue.
lllouisv1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2019, 11:00 PM   #9
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by anzza_995 View Post
I saw these photos you posted on the other thread, the black also seems to be very versatile!

Do you have the steel bracelet as well? If not, do you think it would match the the Diver?
No I do not have the bracelet but I have seen it here before. It matches nicely. But I personally prefer it on straps.
Old 29 October 2019, 01:46 AM   #10
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Wow - Ben, haven't seen those photos before. Goes fantastic with all the colors, even on the leather which I've never thought about for the diver.

Another option to throw into the mix would be the new 42mm ROO Ti with the 44 style pushers. Haven't seen anyone play with straps on one yet but has potential and is quite the looker.
Old 29 October 2019, 01:53 AM   #11
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
For you I think the turquoise blue Diver might be a good choice.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2019, 03:04 AM   #12
anzza_995
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllouisv1126 View Post
I only have the original navy croc strap, an extra white rubber strap, and a third party navy rubber strap. The metal bracelet for ROO is too bulky for my liking. The Navy is on rubber 95% of the time.

And what a coincident! I am also very interested in a VC overseas blue.
Great taste! Yea based on all the reviews I am pretty convinced there is no other better than the rubber strap in terms of comfortability.
Old 29 October 2019, 03:09 AM   #13
anzza_995
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
No I do not have the bracelet but I have seen it here before. It matches nicely. But I personally prefer it on straps.
Good to hear! It seems that you wear your Diver in various occasions, do you find it adaptable with different outfits etc?
Old 29 October 2019, 03:14 AM   #14
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

I really like the white or blue dial diver. Change up the straps and very cool!
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2019, 06:16 PM   #15
anzza_995
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
I really like the white or blue dial diver. Change up the straps and very cool!

Agreed! The white one would be really nice to pair up with different straps, have you seen this version live? If yes, what is your impression on it?