The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 19 August 2024, 02:25 PM   #91
gm58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku View Post
Totally agree and basically said the same. Don't get why some feel the need to feed a delusional narrative as the OP admitted he screwed himself out of a watch he wanted simply because he'd rather shoot himself in the foot than allow the SA to offer him the watch then and there instead of calling him first without him having to ask for the watch again. Good luck in life with that attitude and I'm sure a lucky person is now enjoying what could have been your watch.
dont think that is the point that OP was trying to make, he was merely sharing his thoughts and feelings on his AP experience... dont think there is any delusion here as OP admitted, he definitely lost out on the watch he wanted perhaps due to pride.

ultimately bad experiences can affect purchasing decisions, this is luxury we are talking about as well... everyone has different thresholds and so be it. From what I understood from OP's post is that the SA's service was not great which can be off-putting when you are putting down serious coin. Ultimately just bad customer service which may put some people off and some people wont be fazed
gm58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 02:49 AM   #92
1st amg
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Living in Canada, there are no longer any AP boutiques or authorized dealers. Very tough to source one unless I go grey or somehow at the end of a rainbow in my travels, an AP boutique in the States would sell me one.
I wrote an email to Ginny Wright who is one of the top directors for AP USA. She regretfully informed me to fly to the USA and build a relationship with one. She suggested the NY office as it is closer. Nice
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 11:34 PM   #93
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Living in Canada, there are no longer any AP boutiques or authorized dealers. Very tough to source one unless I go grey or somehow at the end of a rainbow in my travels, an AP boutique in the States would sell me one.
I wrote an email to Ginny Wright who is one of the top directors for AP USA. She regretfully informed me to fly to the USA and build a relationship with one. She suggested the NY office as it is closer. Nice
Ginny is amazing.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 11:56 PM   #94
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Ginny is amazing.

Yeah she sounds amazing telling a customer they need to fly to a boutique to build a relationship with the brand amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2024, 01:24 AM   #95
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
Yeah she sounds amazing telling a customer they need to fly to a boutique to build a relationship with the brand amazing.

What do you want her to do? Build a pop-up tent?

She was asked and has taken the time to respond (I'd imagine politely, even it is was a PA). I'm sure the boutique would at least be quite open if someone pulled out an email from the CEO and made the trip to NY...
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2024, 04:44 AM   #96
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Lost the Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
What do you want her to do? Build a pop-up tent?

She was asked and has taken the time to respond (I'd imagine politely, even it is was a PA). I'm sure the boutique would at least be quite open if someone pulled out an email from the CEO and made the trip to NY...

Oh I don’t know maybe think outside the box a little bit for a potential custom that is ready to drop tens of thousands of dollars? See this is the problem with AP is they’ve even got people thinking this is “amazing” or good customer service. She could have mentioned their nomad program. You’re asking me what she should do? I don’t know. I’m not the one who is U.S. President of AP or whatever her fancy title is. I would think to get to that position she would actually have to do some things that could remotely be construed as amazing, but I suppose such is the position AP is currently in as a brand where no one has to even attempt to go above and beyond because demand for their product is so high (for now).

I like how he says she suggests flying to the U.S. to visit a boutique and the response is “Ginny is amazing” What about that makes her amazing? Put me in coach, I could do that on day one with no training or experience.

usmc_k9_vet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2024, 06:52 AM   #97
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
Oh I don’t know maybe think outside the box a little bit for a potential custom that is ready to drop tens of thousands of dollars? See this is the problem with AP is they’ve even got people thinking this is “amazing” or good customer service. She could have mentioned their nomad program. You’re asking me what she should do? I don’t know. I’m not the one who is U.S. President of AP or whatever her fancy title is. I would think to get to that position she would actually have to do some things that could remotely be construed as amazing, but I suppose such is the position AP is currently in as a brand where no one has to even attempt to go above and beyond because demand for their product is so high (for now).

I like how he says she suggests flying to the U.S. to visit a boutique and the response is “Ginny is amazing” What about that makes her amazing? Put me in coach, I could do that on day one with no training or experience.

I was not referring to what she did in this specific instance. Just saying that, in my experience with her, she is an amazing person and reason why I did not bail on AP a couple of years ago. I am not sure what this person wrote to her but clearly the story was not compelling enough for her to offer another solution.
Old 27 August 2024, 11:08 AM   #98
1st amg

Quote:
I was not referring to what she did in this specific instance. Just saying that, in my experience with her, she is an amazing person and reason why I did not bail on AP a couple of years ago. I am not sure what this person wrote to her but clearly the story was not compelling enough for her to offer another solution.

With all due respect, she knows my purchase history and to add, about two months after her suggestion to fly to NYC, I instead went to the AP boutique at Bal Harbor in Miami. I told them the conversation with her and showed them the email to no avail. Basically, put your name in a list and that’s that. So I tried to reach out numerous times after that to tell her about the Miami visit and received no response. That is poor.
I have written to the head of FCA North America, a company that is probably 100 fold larger than AP and received responses, directions and results more than once. So no, Ginny is not a good person. Tim Kuniskis on the other hand, CEO is cool.

Old 27 August 2024, 11:20 AM   #99
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

You wouldn’t be disrespectful to me by disagreeing on liking someone, fine by me. My experiences with AP have not been great and I’ve voiced that on here in the past. She did right by me however and my experiences with her have been very different from yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 27 August 2024, 11:26 AM   #100
1st amg

Quote:
You wouldn’t be disrespectful to me by disagreeing on liking someone, fine by me. My experiences with AP have not been great and I’ve voiced that on here in the past. She did right by me however and my experiences with her have been very different from yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s great for you! Now go and put some loud miles on that epic GT3RS. BTW, the pic you showed with the large decal removed is sublime.

Old 29 August 2024, 04:36 AM   #101
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

I only have positive things to say about AP House London.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote