The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 August 2024, 12:01 AM   #91
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGHOST1 View Post
Why dont you just get your PCL bracelet brushed.
That is what I would prefer since I don't care for the PCL. I've seen other members that had the oyster brushed and it looked like original. I had the DJ41 Blue and wished it had a brushed bracelet. I eventually sold it for lack of wearing it.
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2024, 04:33 AM   #92
Flipmarine2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrole View Post
Interesting... in practise I don't find it 'so much' thicker than an Explorer 40, certainly not enough to bother me. The looks of the watch more than make up for it imo, it's truly unique.

EDIT - Here's a size comparison with the Explorer 40mm on the left and the Milly on the right, click the thumbnail for full size:

It’s not “so much” thicker , but there’s still a difference I notice. more so when wearing long sleeves. Just a tad too thick for a 3 gander for my taste. If it had a. Complication or let’s say a sky dweller, I can understand. Just my preference
👑: 16750 GMT Master, 16710-GMT Master II, 126713 GMT-Master II. 16622- Yachtmaster, 18038 Day-Date, 116000 OP Red Grape, 126000 OP Green, 16570 Explorer II Polar, 216570 Exp II- Black, 124060 Submariner, 16610LV Kermit, 116523 White Panda Racing Dial, 126234 DJ jubilee fluted blue motif, Omega SMPc Tokyo, speedy 1861 Sapphire. Speedy 3861 White Dial. Cartier: WSSA0037 Santos ADLC Grey, GS Red Kitana
Flipmarine2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2024, 09:40 AM   #93
Polyesterpig
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
White dial 2007-2016 = 9 years
Z Blue 2014-2023 = 9 years

Z Blue has the GV green glass which makes it unique.
I was told from a few ADs that they rarely received the white dials. Mostly black and blue. Had nothing to do with years of manufacturing. Go on any of the watch selling sites and search for the dial color quantities. The quantity of white dials are substantially less than the others. The orange color is a deal breaker for me. Just not into that color on a watch.
Old 25 August 2024, 02:56 PM   #94
xrole
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmarine2k View Post
It’s not “so much” thicker , but there’s still a difference I notice. more so when wearing long sleeves. Just a tad too thick for a 3 gander for my taste. If it had a. Complication or let’s say a sky dweller, I can understand. Just my preference
Fair enough, but just in case you are not aware, the reason it's thicker is the anti-magnetic cage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyesterpig View Post
I was told from a few ADs that they rarely received the white dials. Mostly black and blue. Had nothing to do with years of manufacturing. Go on any of the watch selling sites and search for the dial color quantities. The quantity of white dials are substantially less than the others. The orange color is a deal breaker for me. Just not into that color on a watch.
The orange definitely depends what dial colour it is paired with. Orange generally pairs best with blue and on the Z blue the orange markers are hardly very subtle and the second hand is the only real flash of contrast. I wasn't sure I would like it either, but damn it looks sweet.
xrole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2024, 11:10 PM   #95
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Very cool watches. I’ve thought of picking one up, likely the one with green crystal. I will say that every time I see the seconds hand it reminds me of Harry Potter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 01:28 AM   #96
art1810
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmarine2k View Post

As per some of the above replies.

The form/thickness of the Milgauss relates back directly to its function.

The original Milgauss used a magnetic shield, essentially a second case within the watch case, to protect the movement. This made the watch thicker.

The 116400 Milgauss uses this exact same technology, hence the thickness of the case. Further the 116400 also uses other anti magnetic technologies, that further improve the magnetic resistance of the watch. The 116400 has a magnetic resistance far in excess of 1000 Gauss.
art1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 02:35 AM   #97
1st amg
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
I have seen this watch on a doctor in a nearby hospital and it looks spectacular
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 06:32 AM   #98
art1810
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
I have seen this watch on a doctor in a nearby hospital and it looks spectacular
The stunning beauty of the GV Milgauss is revealed by direct sunlight.

At certain angles this thing glows a purest green. It looks amazing.

There is also a second optical effect that is pretty and beautiful. Water droplets on the GV crystal look the same colour as the GV crystal.
art1810 is offline   Reply With Quote