The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 July 2024, 03:33 AM   #61
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Anyone purchased the new 126710 GRNR yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
I have no clue who that dealer is, sorry, your analogy is lost on me.

As for your comment about who made me an authority on what's entry level? The same can be equally said for you - who made you an authority to say my opinion is wrong? There's actually more data to support my theory than there is in your retort:

Quite clearly there are much higher numbers of these GRNRs making it onto the wrists of people very soon after Watches and Wonders, and there are considerably more on the grey market than you would usually see, so soon after release.

I don't get what is so difficult to understand about this statement, it's literally fact - we haven't seen that before, on any SS Rolex in the last 4-6yrs+ so soon after launch. It just doesn't happen.
This leads me to believe that Rolex are likely to make this watch in greater numbers and for it to be more available than its brighter coloured counterpart GMTs, and therefore, more of an entry-level style of GMT.

It's not that hard to understand - this isn't me talking about whether I or other people like/dislike the watch or whether they can afford it, or whatever else you are talking about. Yes people just buy it, in fact a good friend of mine just has bought one because he likes it, and great for him - I don't get why you pointed that out to me, I didn't say anything on the contrary other than some people will buy it because it's just a SS GMT and the latest thing.

How do YOU know what Rolex marketing plan is? Are you a board member, I very much doubt that.

How do YOU know how available they will make this in the longer term, nobody knows and FYI there are 13 listed in the UK, 3 of them aren’t genuine listings so make that 10.

You’re making assumptions because it’s the first watch made available following W&W.

If it is available to people who actually want a watch to wear then good to that, as I said not everyone sits there at night smug thinking they have a timepiece that Could make them a small return, and if people do do that they’re in this for the wrong reason.

Anyway, you go and enjoy your evening and wait for yet another GRNR to hit Chrono , You’re boring me now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mack640dGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 04:05 AM   #62
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack640dGC View Post
How do YOU know what Rolex marketing plan is? Are you a board member, I very much doubt that.

How do YOU know how available they will make this in the longer term, nobody knows and FYI there are 13 listed in the UK, 3 of them aren’t genuine listings so make that 10.

You’re making assumptions because it’s the first watch made available following W&W.

If it is available to people who actually want a watch to wear then good to that, as I said not everyone sits there at night smug thinking they have a timepiece that Could make them a small return, and if people do do that they’re in this for the wrong reason.

Anyway, you go and enjoy your evening and wait for yet another GRNR to hit Chrono , You’re boring me now

Literally I have no clue why you're arguing with me over this

The numbers are clear. C24 listings are still higher than any other previous new SS Sports model 3 months in - fake or not, the real ones are there.
The incoming posts are clear, there are a fair number of them indeed.
There are more of these released so far than any other SS sports model this far in released in the last 4-6yrs

Aaaaanyway. Glad you're bored, I don't really care if you believe me or not - it's merely a theory as I've stated many times lol - you've given no evidence to support my theory is wrong other than saying I'm making assumptions, when I'm just saying it as I see it based off the number I'm seeing here, on socials, in my own social circle and on the open market.
Old 4 July 2024, 04:23 AM   #63
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The numbers are clear. C24 listings are still higher than any other previous new SS Sports model 3 months in - fake or not, the real ones are there.
There are more of these released so far than any other SS sports model this far in released in the last 4-6yrs

Aaaaanyway. Glad you're bored, I don't really care if you believe me or not - it's merely a theory as I've stated many times lol - you've given no evidence to support my theory is wrong other than saying I'm making assumptions, when I'm just saying it as I see it based off the number I'm seeing here, on socials, in my own social circle and on the open market.
I tend to agree with your theory about more of these being released vs. prior releases. Last year I was one of the first to obtain the new TT GRNR (June) from my AD. I was one of the very first to post an incoming on it and to be frank, there just weren't that many "incoming" posts on it either even though many had put in requests for one from their AD. Granted, mine is the TT version but the fact remains there are a lot more incoming's on this SS version verses my TT version around the same time frame from release.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 04:48 AM   #64
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:

I’ll just add that I live in what is a very affluent market, in Boca Raton, with a a very large AD in town, hated by some, loved by many like me.
My SA has never misled me on wait times.
While there to pick up a new Rolex, I saw this reference. I was told it could be very quickly had as very little interest in it compared to past releases.
Old 4 July 2024, 05:47 AM   #65
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:

I suspect he’s “arguing” (your word, I’d say he’s calling you out as I have…) about your wildly presumptive comments that are without any facts to back them up?

Shall I summarise?

1. Do you have the specific comparative data to prove your assertion that more GRNR’s are for sale after launch than another GMT model?
2. Do you have the data for TRF for “incoming” posts?
3. What factual evidence do you have to support this statement? “There are more of these released so far than any other SS Sports model this far released in the last 4-6 years”
4. Is it an actual “theory”, “facts” or just your own unsubstantiated opinion passed off as “facts” please?
5. With respect, you are the one making wide ranging, unproven statements and with zero facts/data points to back them up……..but very happy to be proven otherwise.

Forums are great for sharing views and opinions but if you’re going to overstate those and without any evidence you should expect to be called out. As you have been here.

Or you could just enjoy your watches and not throw out opinions that you try to offer as “facts” when they are far removed from that.
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 05:53 AM   #66
Watchwoody
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack640dGC View Post
I have a BLRO and BLNR on oyster so haven’t needed to ask.

I believe Hodinkee indicated this was possible

Yeah that’s where I believe I heard it. Curious if anyone has had the ability to buy both when picking them up?
Watchwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 05:54 AM   #67
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
I suspect he’s “arguing” (your word, I’d say he’s calling you out as I have…) about your wildly presumptive comments that are without any facts to back them up?

Shall I summarise?

1. Do you have the specific comparative data to prove your assertion that more GRNR’s are for sale after launch than another GMT model?
3. What factual evidence do you have to support this statement? “There are more of these released so far than any other SS Sports model this far released in the last 4-6 years”
4. Is it an actual “theory”, “facts” or just your own unsubstantiated opinion passed off as “facts” please?
5. With respect, you are the one making wide ranging, unproven statements and with zero facts/data points to back them up……..but very happy to be proven otherwise.

Forums are great for sharing views and opinions but if you’re going to overstate those and without any evidence you should expect to be called out. As you have been here.

Or you could just enjoy your watches and not throw out opinions that you try to offer as “facts” when they are far removed from that.

Very well put sir!

Mack640dGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 09:47 AM   #68
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post

Shall I summarise?

Look, I'm not going to go through all the posts in TRF and work out the exact data just to appease your comments - I'll take on board that they are indeed not necessarily "factual" until I present that specific data.

However, myself and others have agreed in this thread, that there does indeed seem to be a hell of a lot appearing, not only here, but in other areas, including the grey market, and that it seems disproportionate to what we have seen previously.
I'm being specifically targetted for my use of the word facts (fair) and also "entry-level" here - when the truth is, the details are there, but it's too broad to nail down precisely.

Ultimately, it is undeniable, we have never seen this many of a specific SS sports model appear in TRF incoming posts, other forums, socials, grey market listings this soon after an initial release at watches and wonders, we simply haven't, and I will not concede that point. It is an unusual occurrence, enough for me, and others to have noticed it
Old 4 July 2024, 10:27 AM   #69
dukie748
"TRF" Member

To me, the GRNR is the new LN - and that's not a bad thing at all - still wish they had produced the text and GMT indicator in gray, I struggle with the green on an otherwise monochrome watch.
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 10:29 AM   #70
Barada7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
If that watch could get a Sprite bezel, it’d be the top GMT for Rolex.
Barada7 is offline   Reply With Quote