The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 July 2024, 04:53 AM   #1
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Anyone purchased the new 126710 GRNR yet?

Has anyone picked this one up yet, interested in people’s thoughts, I’ve yet to see in the flesh but I like the tones I think it’s a great looking watch.

I’ve got one on order , jubilee bracelet.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mack640dGC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 05:18 AM   #2
Joearch
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
I was offered one last week. I like the watch. I passed since the GMT II portion of the collection is flushed out and I’m waiting for another piece. Maybe next year.
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 05:19 AM   #3
Max7857
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AK EXP II SeaQ
I pick mine up tomorrow. I think it will be very versatile. Will go with anything/everything. I too am getting the jubilee. Will create an incoming post after wearing for a day or two.
Max7857 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 05:49 AM   #4
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max7857 View Post
I pick mine up tomorrow. I think it will be very versatile. Will go with anything/everything. I too am getting the jubilee. Will create an incoming post after wearing for a day or two.

Good stuff I look forward to seeing it!

I think it’s a great combination, I have the BLRO on oyster but I really like this new colour combo especially on jubilee, definitely better than a BLNR on jubilee, I tried that last week and that combo is just not right!

Old 1 July 2024, 05:56 AM   #5
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
I like it - I could have had it or the BLNR but went with the blue. You can’t go wrong either way.
Old 1 July 2024, 06:05 AM   #6
Max7857
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AK EXP II SeaQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack640dGC View Post
Good stuff I look forward to seeing it!

I think it’s a great combination, I have the BLRO on oyster but I really like this new colour combo especially on jubilee, definitely better than a BLNR on jubilee, I tried that last week and that combo is just not right!

I also have a BLRO on oyster. I wanted to get another gmt on jubilee so I could swap out bracelets when I wanted to change the look. Initially I was thinking I would get a sprite. My AD had one on oyster to offer me but I really wanted to have a jubilee. They said they could offer me the GRNR on Jubilee and after looking at a lot of pictures I thought it was the most sensible choice.

How long did your AD think you would have to wait for yours to arrive?
Max7857 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 06:05 AM   #7
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
I saw it in the flesh.
The bezel looks great but I cannot get past the green GMT hand and lettering.
It should have been done in a tone of grey to match bezel.
I recognize it’s the same as the LN was but never liked the LN either.
I was told not long of a wait. Doesn’t seem to be eliciting high demand.
Old 1 July 2024, 06:10 AM   #8
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Anyone purchased the new 126710 GRNR yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max7857 View Post
I also have a BLRO on oyster. I wanted to get another gmt on jubilee so I could swap out bracelets when I wanted to change the look. Initially I was thinking I would get a sprite. My AD had one on oyster to offer me but I really wanted to have a jubilee. They said they could offer me the GRNR on Jubilee and after looking at a lot of pictures I thought it was the most sensible choice.

How long did your AD think you would have to wait for yours to arrive?

I want a BLRO on jubilee too so I have both but I’m gonna have to wait a bit from the AD as I already have a BLRO, they said they’ll swap the bracelet over from the GRNR as and when I want to but I’m a bit OCD and would rather have an original one on jubilee so I have the matching pair!

They said it would be in the next month for the GRNR, I ordered last week

Old 1 July 2024, 06:24 AM   #9
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
I saw it in the flesh.
The bezel looks great but I cannot get past the green GMT hand and lettering.
It should have been done in a tone of grey to match bezel.
I recognize it’s the same as the LN was but never liked the LN either.
I was told not long of a wait. Doesn’t seem to be eliciting high demand.

I understand your point on the green hand and lettering but not sure what other colours would suit, definitely not red, I don’t think grey would look right either, so I guess green is a good choice.

I think it’s a watch that once it’s been seen in the flesh will attract more interest.

Still not a walk in watch though

I really don’t get the hype around the BLNR on jubilee that watch is just not right, on oyster yes, I have the 116710 BLNR, but it looks completely off on a jubilee

Old 1 July 2024, 06:33 AM   #10
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Quote:
I understand your point on the green hand and lettering but not sure what other colours would suit, definitely not red, I don’t think grey would look right either, so I guess green is a good choice.

I think it’s a watch that once it’s been seen in the flesh will attract more interest.

I really don’t get the hype around the BLNR on jubilee that watch is just not right, on oyster yes, I have the 116710 BLNR, but it looks completely off on a jubilee

To each their own! I have had many of the modern Rolex and the BLNR especially on jubilee is the best watch I have ever had. Can’t stop looking at it!
Old 1 July 2024, 06:59 AM   #11
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
To each their own! I have had many of the modern Rolex and the BLNR especially on jubilee is the best watch I have ever had. Can’t stop looking at it!

Yes definitely each to their own, it’s a great watch!

Old 1 July 2024, 07:43 AM   #12
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:

I really thought I was going to like the GRNR. Stared at it for a while. Tried it on. Stared at it some more. While I love all Rolex green dials, that green lettering with green GMT hand somehow don’t make sense to me. Perhaps if not grey, something as simple as white would do.

I wish I could understand the BLNR on jubilee as well.
Something mentally doesn’t appeal to me about it.
I have mine on oyster.
While on the other hand, I find the BLRO on jubilee is amazing and also have mine in that manner.
Perhaps just a weird mental block.
But……I will admit, nothing beats the jubilee for comfort.
Old 1 July 2024, 08:01 AM   #13
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
I agree and have the same watches.

However I think the green bezel left hander looks okay on both, better on oyster to me.

GRNR looks better on jubilee to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
I really thought I was going to like the GRNR. Stared at it for a while. Tried it on. Stared at it some more. While I love all Rolex green dials, that green lettering with green GMT hand somehow don’t make sense to me. Perhaps if not grey, something as simple as white would do.

I wish I could understand the BLNR on jubilee as well.
Something mentally doesn’t appeal to me about it.
I have mine on oyster.
While on the other hand, I find the BLRO on jubilee is amazing and also have mine in that manner.
Perhaps just a weird mental block.
But……I will admit, nothing beats the jubilee for comfort.
SLWoodster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 08:02 AM   #14
set
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Has anyone picked this one up yet, interested in people’s thoughts, I’ve yet to see in the flesh but I like the tones I think it’s a great looking watch.

Thanks in advance

Picked mine up a couple of weeks ago - really enjoying it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2660.jpeg (190.9 KB, 913 views)
set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 08:20 AM   #15
Ococ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:

Thanks in advance

Picked one up last Tuesday
Ococ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 08:29 AM   #16
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Vey nice pics, the grey looks fantastic in real life but really hard to capture in pics, its a lot more vital and dynamic in real life.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 09:26 AM   #17
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

I quite like the grey/black bezel, but overall, I'd prefer the two-tone, just to add a bit of colour to brighten up the watch. It's just a personal preference thing for me.

I've said a few times now, but I think the GRNR will be THE most abundantly available GMT Master II ever. I've seen tonnes of "incoming" posts and that several grey dealers don't even want to stock them right now until the market settles, with around 120+ on the market already. It's worth noting that this watch was announced around 90 days ago. It is unprecedented for a fresh release to be abundantly available so soon after release - especially a stainless steel GMT Master. I wouldn't be surprised to see these widely available to walk-ins very soon.

Great news if you want one—I think it'll be very easy to get hold of indeed.
Old 1 July 2024, 09:39 AM   #18
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Yep, but turned it down for another piece.
dnd2984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 10:10 AM   #19
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
I quite like the grey/black bezel, but overall, I'd prefer the two-tone, just to add a bit of colour to brighten up the watch. It's just a personal preference thing for me.

I've said a few times now, but I think the GRNR will be THE most abundantly available GMT Master II ever. I've seen tonnes of "incoming" posts and that several grey dealers don't even want to stock them right now until the market settles, with around 120+ on the market already. It's worth noting that this watch was announced around 90 days ago. It is unprecedented for a fresh release to be abundantly available so soon after release - especially a stainless steel GMT Master. I wouldn't be surprised to see these widely available to walk-ins very soon.

Great news if you want one—I think it'll be very easy to get hold of indeed.
I think you may be right, there’s a zero purchase history walk-in GRNR right here.. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=951701
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 10:13 AM   #20
Hourglasss
"TRF" Member

It’s a reference I’m looking out for.
Hourglasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 10:38 AM   #21
WatchTimes

Watch: It's a Rolex!
It would look so much better if the text and 24 hr hand weren't green and this is coming from someone who likes green in general

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 11:08 AM   #22
Joearch

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
I would go Oyster as it feels like a more nuts and bolts reference. I think it will be a hot model real soon. Doubt it is going to be more available than any other Rolex sport model. Time will tell. Sure is sharp in person.
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 02:40 PM   #23
lcs77
"TRF" Member

116515LN - 116600 SD4K - 116710BLNR Batman - 116610LV Hulk - 16013 Datejust - 116500LN Black - 116500LN White - 126710BLRO Pepsi Jubilee - 126610LV - PAM 1321 - 126710BLRO Pepsi Oyster - Hublot Bigbang Unico
lcs77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 04:24 PM   #24
Mack640dGC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
I think you may be right, there’s a zero purchase history walk-in GRNR right here.. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=951701

According to the OP he has multiple purchases from that AD

Old 1 July 2024, 05:25 PM   #25
Brit78
"TRF" Member

Congrats on placing your order! The 126710 GRNR looks stunning, especially with the Jubilee bracelet. I haven't seen it in person yet either, but the tones and design look fantastic in photos. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you have it in hand!
Old 1 July 2024, 07:14 PM   #26
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
According to the OP he has multiple purchases from that AD

Yeh multiple purchases on that one, so at least it's half-way there - still got it on a walk in, which is still unusual to say the least.

I stand by my prediction, we'll see these SS GRNR's sitting in windows for sale to anyone in the not-too-distant future.

You want a bezel with some colour? You're gonna have to wait for that.
Old 1 July 2024, 08:04 PM   #27
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
It’s the bottom of the list for any GMT on offer right now for me, it’s a bit more dressier I’d say than the current GMT line up, I certainly won’t be asking for one, if I was offered I try it to see for myself, but certainly resale market price suggests it’s not a winner .. but I’m sure those that have managed to get one are very happy with it, issue I have the ones I’ve seen in person certain lights the bezel just looks black, so may as well get the older black bezel version at a lot loss premium ..
Paul Newman
Bazil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 08:13 PM   #28
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
I'm not in the market for one but think it's a nice option for those looking for a more toned down GMT.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 08:26 PM   #29
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
It’s the bottom of the list for any GMT on offer right now for me, it’s a bit more dressier I’d say than the current GMT line up, I certainly won’t be asking for one, if I was offered I try it to see for myself, but certainly resale market price suggests it’s not a winner .. but I’m sure those that have managed to get one are very happy with it, issue I have the ones I’ve seen in person certain lights the bezel just looks black, so may as well get the older black bezel version at a lot loss premium ..
I agree - all points leading towards my theory that the GRNR is the "entry level" GMT Master II, which is fine of course!
However I do believe that's a good reason to think that a lot of people are buying it "because they got the call", and we'll probably continue to see a lot more of these hit the secondary market as the buyers remorse settles in.

I'm sure there are some out there that love it and are happy with their pickups, but it's no BLRO/BLNR/VTNR in terms of desirability, that's for sure.
Old 1 July 2024, 08:29 PM   #30
Farleyv1
"TRF" Member

I can't work out if I prefer the 116710ln over the GRNR. GRNR just seems a bit washed out / incomplete.
Farleyv1 is offline   Reply With Quote