The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 July 2024, 11:05 PM   #31
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
So to clarify OP, this was an actually AD of Tudor/Rolex? Do you know the physical location of the AD store? I would go there and straighten this out.
Old 3 July 2024, 11:13 PM   #32
cdencl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
So to clarify OP, this was an actually AD of Tudor/Rolex? Do you know the physical location of the AD store? I would go there and straighten this out.
Yes and I've been speaking to them directly. I'm going to wait for the buckle to come in anyway which they have said is on its way, and then speak further about the keeper when I go to collect it.

I still can't believe there is only one supplied with the fabric strap though given all the pictures I've seen of the fabric strap have been with two...
cdencl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 11:42 PM   #33
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdencl View Post
Yes and I've been speaking to them directly. I'm going to wait for the buckle to come in anyway which they have said is on its way, and then speak further about the keeper when I go to collect it.

I still can't believe there is only one supplied with the fabric strap though given all the pictures I've seen of the fabric strap have been with two...
Ok well that is good to hear. Tudor has to take care of you in this situation.
Old 3 July 2024, 11:51 PM   #34
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdencl View Post
Hi folks, I wonder if you can advise.

I bought a BB58 18K - brand new - from a reputable AD through ebay six weeks ago. Long story short, it arrived without the fabric strap it was supposed to come with (and said in the listing it came with). A real shame because that's what I had intended to wear it on 99% of the time.

Anyway I sent the AD a message to say it was missing, they apologised, couldn't find the one it was supposed to come with, and ordered me a replacement direct from Tudor. Brilliant!

However when it arrived, all that came was the strap and the sewn in keeper. No buckle, and no additional keeper - so how on earth am I meant to use it? So I spoke to them again.

Clearly they didn't realise that the buckle needed to be ordered separately. They flagged to me that the buckle separately costs around £1.5k and did I really want it. Err, yes, I do. As it should have come with the watch.

Much toing and froing and they say they have ordered the buckle, but it's not in stock so will come from Switzerland and it'll take a few weeks. Fine, I've waited until now, I can wait a bit longer. No mention of the other keeper though.

I chase again after specifically asking about the keeper. The AD has said that they've spoken to Rolex and been advised that the 18k fabric strap no longer supplied with two keepers - only one. I can order another keeper, for the cool sum of £350. How on earth is that supposed to work when the sewn in one is the only one on the strap, so the end will flap about to its heart's content?

I smell BS. This whole watch purchase has become a nightmare. I got it for a great deal, but I paid the price I paid, for a complete package. They say it is. I disagree, but I'm now out of ebay's return's window via the authentication centre because of the lead times of the stuff coming from Geneva.

Do any of you categorically know if the AD is telling the truth re the extra keeper, or if they are talking out of their rear end to try and save themselves £350 (admittedly this mistake of theirs has already cost them dearly because of having to supply a strap and buckle to replace the missing one).

What would you do?

Thanks in advance...
Who’s the eBay seller ?
Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM   #35
RichM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
OP, I ordered a Fabric Strap for my Tudor Ranger from the AD who sold me the watch.

Here is a photograph of the strap exactly as it arrived. It took about a month.

There was no extra charge for the buckle or anything else. I know they are not the same watches but I hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0571.jpeg (51.0 KB, 175 views)
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:43 AM   #36
RichM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
Is this the strap they sent you? I got this photo off the Tudor website. Looks like the buckle is already on it. IMG_0572.jpeg
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:30 AM   #37
rootbeer7
2024 Pledge Member

This is the description.

Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight 18K 39mm Watch M79018V-0001. This model features a 39mm satin finish case in 18ct yellow gold with open case back with sapphire crystal. Fitted with Tudors own manufacture Calibre MT5400 (COSC) selfwinding mechanical movement with a power reserve of 70 hours. Screw-down winding crown is 18ct yellow gold with the TUDOR rose in relief with circular satin-brushed 18ct yellow gold winding crown tube. Green dial. Unidirectional rotatable bezel in 18 ct yellow gold with 60-minute graduated disc in matt green anodised aluminium and gold gilded markings and numerals. Domed dark brown leather strap with 18ct yellow gold buckle, additional green fabric strap with gold-coloured band and 18ct yellow gold buckle. Model is water resistant to 200 metres. All Tudor watches come complete with a 5 year manufacturers guarantee. Presented in branded Tudor packaging.

Last sentence is odd ‘branded packaging’ ???

I’d go directly to Rox and demand a refund or better still go to Tudor UK
Old Yesterday, 04:42 AM   #38
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I’d keep going at Rox - they’re not exactly a low end shop and you can’t be that far away from them if you do need to visit. If they are insistent, email Tudor for a double check.

It’s a pain but I expect with the way you’ve purchased and the parties involved, there’s a way to sort this one. Last resort is a credit card recharge which really shouldn’t be needed but you’ve got about 4 months from purchase depending on the type of card used.
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:09 AM   #39
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Maybe a used watch. Hope it all sorts out.
With the card dated on the say of purchase?
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM   #40
BBRAYS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
Not an AD and clearly not reputable.
+1
Exactly.
BBRAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM   #41
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Curious if you validated this vendor is an AD?
https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/retail...9999999999&z=3
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #42
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
When the OP gives the name of the store, the eBay listing number and confirms he’s been in contact with them directly, how difficult is it to make a sensible suggestion?

I’m all for questioning and challenging things. And everyone is entitled to their opinion. But the number of contributors on this forum who don’t read the rest of the thread or confidently and assertively state total nonsense is amazing at times…

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Are+R...horised+Dealer
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #43
Brit78
"TRF" Member

What a frustrating situation! It sounds like you've been incredibly patient with the AD, but I agree, it does seem like they might be giving you the runaround to avoid further costs.
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM   #44
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Who sold it to you
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote