The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 July 2024, 12:39 AM   #1
cdencl
"TRF" Member

Bit of a nightmare after ordering a BB58 18K

Hi folks, I wonder if you can advise.

I bought a BB58 18K - brand new - from a reputable AD through ebay six weeks ago. Long story short, it arrived without the fabric strap it was supposed to come with (and said in the listing it came with). A real shame because that's what I had intended to wear it on 99% of the time.

Anyway I sent the AD a message to say it was missing, they apologised, couldn't find the one it was supposed to come with, and ordered me a replacement direct from Tudor. Brilliant!

However when it arrived, all that came was the strap and the sewn in keeper. No buckle, and no additional keeper - so how on earth am I meant to use it? So I spoke to them again.

Clearly they didn't realise that the buckle needed to be ordered separately. They flagged to me that the buckle separately costs around £1.5k and did I really want it. Err, yes, I do. As it should have come with the watch.

Much toing and froing and they say they have ordered the buckle, but it's not in stock so will come from Switzerland and it'll take a few weeks. Fine, I've waited until now, I can wait a bit longer. No mention of the other keeper though.

I chase again after specifically asking about the keeper. The AD has said that they've spoken to Rolex and been advised that the 18k fabric strap no longer supplied with two keepers - only one. I can order another keeper, for the cool sum of £350. How on earth is that supposed to work when the sewn in one is the only one on the strap, so the end will flap about to its heart's content?

I smell BS. This whole watch purchase has become a nightmare. I got it for a great deal, but I paid the price I paid, for a complete package. They say it is. I disagree, but I'm now out of ebay's return's window via the authentication centre because of the lead times of the stuff coming from Geneva.

Do any of you categorically know if the AD is telling the truth re the extra keeper, or if they are talking out of their rear end to try and save themselves £350 (admittedly this mistake of theirs has already cost them dearly because of having to supply a strap and buckle to replace the missing one).

What would you do?

Thanks in advance...
cdencl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 09:37 AM   #2
ronmexico
"TRF" Member

I mean, all you have to do is google the watch and there's hundreds of pictures of the fabric strap with two keepers...even the ones on the Tudor website. Not sure how they can argue it should only come with one.

But it's the keeper that is sewn onto the watch that would hold the tag end, so it shouldn't flap around. Still, a full set should be a full set.

Also wild that the buckle is 1,500 pounds, but that's another story...
ronmexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 10:20 AM   #3
horizo
"TRF" Member

AD? You got scammed by some secondary market dealer.
horizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 10:25 AM   #4
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

When you said from a reputable AD from Ebay, I was lost. I would return the watch.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 10:30 AM   #5
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd2984 View Post
When you said from a reputable AD from Ebay, I was lost. I would return the watch.

He can’t, per his post.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 10:32 AM   #6
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Why is this AD selling on eBay?
Old 3 July 2024, 11:11 AM   #7
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
He can’t, per his post.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is always a way. Credit card charge back, or fighting it thorough eBay.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 11:18 AM   #8
NewYorkRanger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdencl View Post
from a reputable AD through ebay
NewYorkRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 11:54 AM   #9
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
I highly doubt a AD is selling on eBay.

Also if you look at other places selling the watch it only has one keeper on the strap

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 11:55 AM   #10
ltmgeller

Watch: Rolex
Reputable AD on Ebay? Sounds suspect.
Old 3 July 2024, 12:17 PM   #11
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Yes, I don’t see a reputable AD selling on eBay they would lose their They will lose their Authorized dealer status, Tudor would never allow this. The $1500 additional sounds suspect. I think you should file a dispute with eBay if the listing said it included both straps and everything then it should.

This is a big $$$ purchase and should be treated as one.

Good luck we are all pulling for you.
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 12:58 PM   #12
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Did the strap in the listing show two keepers? If so, I'd expect two. You also could point out on the Tudor website it shows the strap with two keepers (I just confirmed this).
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 01:11 PM   #13
gmtobsessed
"TRF" Member

No AD would sell through Ebay and a brand new watch should come complete set.
gmtobsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 03:07 PM   #14
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Not an AD and clearly not reputable.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 03:32 PM   #15
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi folks, I wonder if you can advise.

I bought a BB58 18K - brand new - from a reputable AD through ebay six weeks ago. Long story short, it arrived without the fabric strap it was supposed to come with (and said in the listing it came with). A real shame because that's what I had intended to wear it on 99% of the time.

Anyway I sent the AD a message to say it was missing, they apologised, couldn't find the one it was supposed to come with, and ordered me a replacement direct from Tudor. Brilliant!

However when it arrived, all that came was the strap and the sewn in keeper. No buckle, and no additional keeper - so how on earth am I meant to use it? So I spoke to them again.

Clearly they didn't realise that the buckle needed to be ordered separately. They flagged to me that the buckle separately costs around £1.5k and did I really want it. Err, yes, I do. As it should have come with the watch.

Much toing and froing and they say they have ordered the buckle, but it's not in stock so will come from Switzerland and it'll take a few weeks. Fine, I've waited until now, I can wait a bit longer. No mention of the other keeper though.

I chase again after specifically asking about the keeper. The AD has said that they've spoken to Rolex and been advised that the 18k fabric strap no longer supplied with two keepers - only one. I can order another keeper, for the cool sum of £350. How on earth is that supposed to work when the sewn in one is the only one on the strap, so the end will flap about to its heart's content?

I smell BS. This whole watch purchase has become a nightmare. I got it for a great deal, but I paid the price I paid, for a complete package. They say it is. I disagree, but I'm now out of ebay's return's window via the authentication centre because of the lead times of the stuff coming from Geneva.

Do any of you categorically know if the AD is telling the truth re the extra keeper, or if they are talking out of their rear end to try and save themselves £350 (admittedly this mistake of theirs has already cost them dearly because of having to supply a strap and buckle to replace the missing one).

What would you do?

Thanks in advance...
U.K.: distance selling regulations apply to fixed price items sold by businesses on eBay.

If you didn’t receive what was presented for sale then you have the right to a refund and return the goods.

If the strap and extras was not pictured or specifically described as included then I think you may have a harder time.
drrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 03:40 PM   #16
reposado
"TRF" Member

OP, when you say AD do you mean actual authorised dealer? As in they would appear on Tudor’s store list?…

Also, have you paid them for the buckle / additional keeper or are the figures you mentioned £1500 / £350 just what they’ve told you they cost and they’ve agreed to cover it?

I’d 100% open a complaint with eBay for not being as described.

I’ve done enough deals to tell you’re being given the run around here.

Edit; presume a watch of this value would’ve been purchased through eBay’s authentication program?
reposado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 03:55 PM   #17
rootbeer7
2024 Pledge Member

What was shown on the actual images on eBay?
Old 3 July 2024, 04:16 PM   #18
mmbiker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
BB58 18K? so you bought a yellow gold BB58 from eBay? isn't that a lot of money?

Anyways, is the actual watch real?
mmbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 05:16 PM   #19
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
You might ask them to accept a return.
If they don’t and you are already out of the regular return window the purchase is final.
Seller is ordering the strap and buckle already. The added 350 for the keeper is all there is left to argue and normally the seller should bear these costs.

Instead of going into lengthy and possible frustrating discussions I would cough up the 350 if they are not moving and start enjoying my watch.
Old 3 July 2024, 05:25 PM   #20
cdencl
"TRF" Member

Thanks all. In answer to your questions - yes the watch went through ebay authentication ok. When I raised through ebay that the fabric strap was missing, the AD responded - by both ebay message and by a few phone calls (from a valid phone number of theirs, which I've also called back so I know it's genuine) so I've no doubt it's the actual AD that has sold the watch. The warranty card is also dated the same day I placed the order. I won't name them on here at the moment though in case it does put their AD status at risk.

Annoyingly the images in the listing do not show the back of the fabric strap so it's impossible to say that the listing showed two keepers. I just know there should be two because of other press pics that I've seen of the watch, and I've owned Tudor fabric straps before too, and all had two. Now they're telling me that those are old press pics and the second keeper has been discontinued - which is the bit I find unbelievable.

Finally I haven't paid them anything extra on top of what I paid when I won the listing. They were stating the figures - I think - in an attempt to try and make me say that I wasn't bothered with the fabric strap after all as their error has currently cost them quite a lot of money.

But I want my second keeper!
Old 3 July 2024, 06:49 PM   #21
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I got it for a great deal
But you didn't really, did you? I think it's time for a refund.

Time to find out how good an eBay round trip really is. I've done it once with a con artist using ebay and they were on my side once they had all the facts. The resolution was fully in my favour.

I wish you luck with it.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 07:27 PM   #22
the_wristlist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126720 VTNR
Sounds like to me looking at the ebay sold listings you brought the one from BQ Watches which sold on the 22nd May. There are the only 2 sold listings of that watch recently on ebay. The BQ Watches one have pictures that I would class as professional pictures. The other looks like a private seller who thinks he has hidden the serial number but hasn't in one of his pics of the white handtag.

if you did purchase the BQ watches one im a bit confused as to how you think they are an AD as they are just a grey market seller. And the first picture shows the fabric strap which you mentioned and you are correct there advertisement doesn't show the back.

When purchasing watches you should always know what your looking at before buying of these people sounds like to me there giving you the run around pretending to be an AD.

Also if you know who the AD is im not being funny but id be in my car and at the store not talking to random people on the internet for answers or advice.
the_wristlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 07:29 PM   #23
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Good luck OP. Sounds like a mess.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 08:10 PM   #24
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
There's more than enough red flags to fight to reverse of the transaction. Good luck OP.
travisb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 08:42 PM   #25
cdencl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wristlist View Post
Sounds like to me looking at the ebay sold listings you brought the one from BQ Watches which sold on the 22nd May. There are the only 2 sold listings of that watch recently on ebay. The BQ Watches one have pictures that I would class as professional pictures. The other looks like a private seller who thinks he has hidden the serial number but hasn't in one of his pics of the white handtag.

if you did purchase the BQ watches one im a bit confused as to how you think they are an AD as they are just a grey market seller. And the first picture shows the fabric strap which you mentioned and you are correct there advertisement doesn't show the back.

When purchasing watches you should always know what your looking at before buying of these people sounds like to me there giving you the run around pretending to be an AD.

Also if you know who the AD is im not being funny but id be in my car and at the store not talking to random people on the internet for answers or advice.
It wasn't the BQ watches one - it was the one with listing ID 305351802937.
Old 3 July 2024, 08:50 PM   #26
drrd
"TRF" Member

Seems clear from the pictures what they offered for sale.

You know your distance selling regs rights so you know your options.
drrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 09:09 PM   #27
the_wristlist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It wasn't the BQ watches one - it was the one with listing ID 305351802937.
That was the other listing I looked at doesn't seem very professional the photos I even stated he left the seriel number in my first post which was this listing reading SN 4K3R472.

or something very close to that he obviously doesn't know what he's doing as he has covered them up on the card and then posted the white tag with them showing.

id be filing a complaint.

Last edited by the_wristlist; 3 July 2024 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: Sorry just realized it takes you to a different listing not the correct one now found the correct one just having a look
Old 3 July 2024, 09:17 PM   #28
the_wristlist
"TRF" Member

ROX UK Newcastle also on tudor website as an AD wow im amazed they can sell on ebay
Old 3 July 2024, 10:55 PM   #29
77T

Bit of a nightmare after ordering a BB58 18K

If they are asking for any additional funds to secure the complete "assembly" then file for "eBay Money Back Guarantee" and cite missing parts.

Your seller may fight it claiming their "no returns policy" - you counter that with not wanting a return, but the actual items in the listing.

Now it is possible that Tudor is only selling the unique combo for this strap option with new watches. It's possible that replacements via RSC ordering system will be slightly different. Policywise think of it like a service dial that has differences.

Good with this one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2024, 10:58 PM   #30
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Maybe a used watch. Hope it all sorts out.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote