The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 July 2024, 03:19 AM   #91
Feseroni
"TRF" Member

My AD keeps a pretty good stock of watches including several daytonas. Anyway, long story short I visited my AD this past saturday and I was able to compare all SS GMTs in person. This is my personal preference in terms of looks (all in Jubilee): 1) BLNR; 2) VTNR; 3) BLRO; 4) GRNR

I think both blue/black and green/black work the best on the GMT.
Feseroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 04:13 AM   #92
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_kid View Post
The Bluesy looks good on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. Having a good amount of body hair is a pre-req for a Bluesy.
GrailTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 04:16 AM   #93
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post
very nice Kate. just a side note, ADs get weekly delivery.

There is a hierarchy in place amongst ADs. Not all are equal. For instance, some ADs must have 24 exhibition watches at all times. Others must have 40. The higher the AD’s tier, the more watches they must display, and the more inventory they get delivered. Therefore, it’s reasonable to assume that delivery schedules might vary, as well. Remember that the ADs must pay for those watches prior to delivery, so maybe smaller ADs get deliveries less often. I doubt my SA lied to me, though I suppose it’s certainly possible.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 11:05 AM   #94
i’mgood
Banned

Been a member since 2012 and have never tried on a GMT? BLNR was released in 2013, too bad you decided so late that you wanted one. Better late than never. I wouldn’t settle for the GRNR, if you liked it in person after slamming it just think how much nicer the BLNR will be once you actually see it.
i’mgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 04:17 PM   #95
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post
very nice Kate. just a side note, ADs get weekly delivery.
Not all of them. Some are monthly
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 04:19 PM   #96
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by i’mgood View Post
Been a member since 2012 and have never tried on a GMT? BLNR was released in 2013, too bad you decided so late that you wanted one. Better late than never. I wouldn’t settle for the GRNR, if you liked it in person after slamming it just think how much nicer the BLNR will be once you actually see it.

That is a very good point! I figure my odds are better to get the GRNR. Realistically, I probably won’t be offered either.

Kat

Old 18 July 2024, 12:26 AM   #97
Tcw495
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Since we were in the town yesterday, where my AD is located, we stopped by to see if they had anything new. To my delight, I was finally able to play with a GMT. They had just the GRNR, which is very nice IRL:

What was very unusual was that my husband was trying on watches, too.

That was scary. He showed real interest, for the very first time, in wearing a Rolex. He told my SA to put it on my list of watches I want. He also picked out a 41 slate dial Datejust, fluted on Oyster, and told her to add that to the list. I also added a blue dial Datejust 36, fluted on Jubilee. Now we’re in trouble. While playing with the watches, I asked about possible delivery time for my Explorer, and was told they are expecting a delivery within a few weeks. This surprised me, because I assumed they got deliveries weekly, which is not true, at least at my AD. I could see me and my husband sharing the GMT, or maybe he was just playing around to freak me out. He also tried on the blue dial bimetal Sub:

He realized, though, that his business has him working with a lot of questionable characters, a lot of the time, where he feared it would not be safe to wear it. He’d prefer a less noticeable watch, like the 2 he added to my want list. It was fun to see him show interest in Rolex, I think…….

Kat

A friend of mine recently picked up GRNR on jubilee and when the light hits it, the grey really pops and is gorgeous, and then in darker lighting it's super classy and looks more like an all black bezel. I love it.
Tcw495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 02:23 AM   #98
KatGirl

I am on the list for it. We will see what happens.

Kat

Old 18 July 2024, 03:27 AM   #99
DarthNorse
2024 Pledge Member

I'm not a patient person and when my AD indicated it could take years to get a GMT I ended up going grey for my BLNR. Love it!
DarthNorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 04:58 AM   #100
orangespicy
2024 Pledge Member

Looks good! That GMT jubliee is just sublime in person. Was always an oyster fan until I felt that bracelet in person.
orangespicy is offline   Reply With Quote