The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 July 2024, 08:14 AM   #1
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Finally Got to Try on a GMT!

Since we were in the town yesterday, where my AD is located, we stopped by to see if they had anything new. To my delight, I was finally able to play with a GMT. They had just the GRNR, which is very nice IRL:

What was very unusual was that my husband was trying on watches, too.

That was scary. He showed real interest, for the very first time, in wearing a Rolex. He told my SA to put it on my list of watches I want. He also picked out a 41 slate dial Datejust, fluted on Oyster, and told her to add that to the list. I also added a blue dial Datejust 36, fluted on Jubilee. Now we’re in trouble. While playing with the watches, I asked about possible delivery time for my Explorer, and was told they are expecting a delivery within a few weeks. This surprised me, because I assumed they got deliveries weekly, which is not true, at least at my AD. I could see me and my husband sharing the GMT, or maybe he was just playing around to freak me out. He also tried on the blue dial bimetal Sub:

He realized, though, that his business has him working with a lot of questionable characters, a lot of the time, where he feared it would not be safe to wear it. He’d prefer a less noticeable watch, like the 2 he added to my want list. It was fun to see him show interest in Rolex, I think…….

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 08:18 AM   #2
MarioB83
"TRF" Member

He got the poison cause of you. Time to be accountable for it!!
MarioB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 08:52 AM   #3
petemoss
"TRF" Member

Also had a run in with the new GMT while in Zurich and Bern the other day. I feel the bezel needs color for my taste, otherwise a very nice reference. The yellow gold jubilee looked better than expected but jut can't justify the cost.

petemoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 09:09 AM   #4
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Great photos Kat, I don’t think I’ll be asking for the GRNR, there’s a lot more I’d want before that GMT ..
Paul Newman

Being Serious = Onto the list you go
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 09:11 AM   #5
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Fantastic story! I hope you bring your husband over to the other side! I do like new GMT thanks for sharing.
Old 12 July 2024, 09:13 AM   #6
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Since we were in the town yesterday, where my AD is located, we stopped by to see if they had anything new. To my delight, I was finally able to play with a GMT. They had just the GRNR, which is very nice IRL:

What was very unusual was that my husband was trying on watches, too.

That was scary. He showed real interest, for the very first time, in wearing a Rolex. He told my SA to put it on my list of watches I want. He also picked out a 41 slate dial Datejust, fluted on Oyster, and told her to add that to the list. I also added a blue dial Datejust 36, fluted on Jubilee. Now we’re in trouble. While playing with the watches, I asked about possible delivery time for my Explorer, and was told they are expecting a delivery within a few weeks. This surprised me, because I assumed they got deliveries weekly, which is not true, at least at my AD. I could see me and my husband sharing the GMT, or maybe he was just playing around to freak me out. He also tried on the blue dial bimetal Sub:

He realized, though, that his business has him working with a lot of questionable characters, a lot of the time, where he feared it would not be safe to wear it. He’d prefer a less noticeable watch, like the 2 he added to my want list. It was fun to see him show interest in Rolex, I think…….

Kat

Your fault Kat !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 09:25 AM   #7
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Your fault Kat !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is it wrong that I think it looks better on me, than him?

Old 12 July 2024, 09:28 AM   #8
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Sorry but the GMT bezel is horrible .. tried on the gold one and thought the same looks even worse in steel. I’m a monochrome kind of guy but this is extra boring for me
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 09:28 AM   #9
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
is he a RePo man?
THC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 09:31 AM   #10
KatGirl

Finally Got to Try on a GMT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemoss View Post
Also had a run in with the new GMT while in Zurich and Bern the other day. I feel the bezel needs color for my taste, otherwise a very nice reference. The yellow gold jubilee looked better than expected but jut can't justify the cost.

I hear you. They both look good on you. I like the subtle colored bezel. I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing the BLRO and BLNR IRL yet, though, so trying it on was exciting for this Rolex nerd. My preference would probably be the BLNR. In fact, I have a micro brand “true GMT”on the way, with that color scheme. It is NOT an homage, but a very cool piece, coming to me all the way from Thailand.

Kat

Old 12 July 2024, 09:45 AM   #11
peptide45
"TRF" Member

May need to start leaving the hubs at home when you go to The AD… that could get pricey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
peptide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 09:46 AM   #12
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
is he a RePo man?

LOL. No! He does ceremonial White Dove releases, mostly at funerals. Let’s just say most of his clients are from rough areas of nearby towns. Unfortunately, some of the recently departed are young victims of gang shootings. Perhaps 75% of his clientele are from a lower socioeconomic class. Having said that, they are always very appreciative of his service, and he loves bringing solace to these grieving families. I do accompany him sometimes, but only occasionally.

Kat

Old 12 July 2024, 09:53 AM   #13
THC

Watch: 16610M
Quote:
LOL. No! He does ceremonial White Dove releases, mostly at funerals. Let’s just say most of his clients are from rough areas of nearby towns. Unfortunately, some of the recently departed are young victims of gang shootings. Perhaps 75% of his clientele are from a lower socioeconomic class. Having said that, they are always very appreciative of his service, and he loves bringing solace to these grieving families. I do accompany him sometimes, but only occasionally.

Kat

That is beyond cool.. great man indeed
THC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 09:58 AM   #14
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
That is beyond cool.. great man indeed

He is a gem, and deserves that Rolex. I’m saving my Pennies. The SA seemed thrilled and really wants to get him one. Another odd visit to my AD. It’s always interesting and we appreciated the ice cold large bottles of water, in the middle of this heat wave, here in CA.

Kat

Old 12 July 2024, 10:04 AM   #15
horizo
Banned

Quote:

Kat

You think someone might try to rob him at a funeral service while releasing Doves? I heard California was becoming more unliveable but this shocks me.
horizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 10:28 AM   #16
Max7857
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AK EXP II SeaQ
That looks great on both of you! That is a hard dial to photograph. Your photos were awesome. Did they give you an idea of how long you would have to wait if you choose to get one.
Max7857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 10:30 AM   #17
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Looks like a fun visit Kat. Glad you’ve got the better half on board
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 10:38 AM   #18
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizo View Post
You think someone might try to rob him at a funeral service while releasing Doves? I heard California was becoming more unliveable but this shocks me.

We’ve all heard stories of people robbed of their Rolex in fancy night clubs, or right on the street, in a tourist spot. I’m not sure how safe I would feel at a funeral of a gang member. We live in a nice safe place in the country, but no one is safe anywhere. I had to get a PO Box, because someone was following the mail truck and stealing packages from my large country mailbox at the street, as soon as they were dropped off. That was last Christmas. Since they were eBay items. I did not get reimbursed. Sellers could prove delivery. Thankfully, they weren’t watches.

Kat

Old 12 July 2024, 10:45 AM   #19
jn2d1986
"TRF" Member

This is the first time your AD has had a gmt for you to try on??
jn2d1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 10:48 AM   #20
racerx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Is it wrong that I think it looks better on me, than him?

No, it looks great on you.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 11:20 AM   #21
Jackie Daytona

Watch: 16750
Beautiful watches! Always fun stopping in and trying new things. You often end up surprised what you like on the wrist vs online perceptions. I need to stop by my AD soon…
Old 12 July 2024, 11:24 AM   #22
BlondesNwatches
"TRF" Member

I think the GMT looks nice to me. That’ll be the harder one to get out of the 2 he put in for. Which one is his first and second preference?
BlondesNwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 02:00 PM   #23
Slackergirl
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM Everose
You realize putting in for 2 instead if 1 means he is hooked!! The GMT is a nice size on you…your list needs a GMT on it
Slackergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 02:05 PM   #24
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondesNwatches View Post
I think the GMT looks nice to me. That’ll be the harder one to get out of the 2 he put in for. Which one is his first and second preference?

I think common sense will prevail. He told me today He’d rather pay his business van off, than buy an expensive watch. I have a much different outlook on money. For me, “Life is short, so have fun!“ I think the DJ is a better fit for him. He loves mine! I should buy him that DJ. He has his Seiko diver, so the DJ is more different from it.

Kat

Old 12 July 2024, 02:09 PM   #25
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackergirl View Post
You realize putting in for 2 instead if 1 means he is hooked!! The GMT is a nice size on you…your list needs a GMT on it

Well, we shall see how this plays out. I really do want the Explorer next. My husband thinks it’s too plain. So, if they happen to call me for that GMT first, I’d take it, give it to him, but wear it sometimes, too. I size my own bracelets all the time, so that’s no issue.

Kat

Old 12 July 2024, 02:10 PM   #26
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn2d1986 View Post
This is the first time your AD has had a gmt for you to try on??

Yes, first time I’ve noticed one.

Kat

Old 12 July 2024, 02:20 PM   #27
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Kat, looks like you put a spell on him? Very nice AD visit and sounds like he deserves one!
So get him one. I think that is a very nice piece in SS on. Jubilee I like the TT and the gold..

Any of the above

Cheers
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 02:26 PM   #28
Colorado_kid
2024 Pledge Member

The Bluesy looks good on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colorado_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 02:37 PM   #29
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

Both of my AD's have a case full of sample watches, and both have a good sample of GMT's (multiples). A few years ago, this was not the case.

I am up in the air on GRNR, it certainly wouldn't be my first choice.. Id much rather have Pepsi, Sprite, or batman/batgirl.. then this. I've been waiting for a GMT for so long that I'm afraid my dealer is going to finally call me after all this time and it will be a GRNR, and I won't be able to say no even though I'd feel like it's not exactly what I (really) want. :).
Ferrari-F430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 03:01 PM   #30
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari-F430 View Post
Both of my AD's have a case full of sample watches, and both have a good sample of GMT's (multiples). A few years ago, this was not the case.

I am up in the air on GRNR, it certainly wouldn't be my first choice.. Id much rather have Pepsi, Sprite, or batman/batgirl.. then this. I've been waiting for a GMT for so long that I'm afraid my dealer is going to finally call me after all this time and it will be a GRNR, and I won't be able to say no even though I'd feel like it's not exactly what I (really) want. :).

That is a real dilemma for a lot of us. My SA told me EVERYTHING is still hard to get. We see here, on the forum, lots of folks, who have lots of money, and seem to get whatever they want. For us more regular people, without super deep pockets, it’s tougher. I’d rather have a Batgirl, too, but might take the GRNR, if offered. It is impressive IRL. I like more plain looking pieces. MY FAVORITE OP was actually the silver dial. I did like the LV Sub, though. I see why people sometimes settle for a second choice. At the end of the day, all Rolexes are beautiful. We can always trade later. There is always another watch we want, isn’t there?

Kat