The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 July 2024, 12:39 AM   #1
cdencl
"TRF" Member

Bit of a nightmare after ordering a BB58 18K

Hi folks, I wonder if you can advise.

I bought a BB58 18K - brand new - from a reputable AD through ebay six weeks ago. Long story short, it arrived without the fabric strap it was supposed to come with (and said in the listing it came with). A real shame because that's what I had intended to wear it on 99% of the time.

Anyway I sent the AD a message to say it was missing, they apologised, couldn't find the one it was supposed to come with, and ordered me a replacement direct from Tudor. Brilliant!

However when it arrived, all that came was the strap and the sewn in keeper. No buckle, and no additional keeper - so how on earth am I meant to use it? So I spoke to them again.

Clearly they didn't realise that the buckle needed to be ordered separately. They flagged to me that the buckle separately costs around £1.5k and did I really want it. Err, yes, I do. As it should have come with the watch.

Much toing and froing and they say they have ordered the buckle, but it's not in stock so will come from Switzerland and it'll take a few weeks. Fine, I've waited until now, I can wait a bit longer. No mention of the other keeper though.

I chase again after specifically asking about the keeper. The AD has said that they've spoken to Rolex and been advised that the 18k fabric strap no longer supplied with two keepers - only one. I can order another keeper, for the cool sum of £350. How on earth is that supposed to work when the sewn in one is the only one on the strap, so the end will flap about to its heart's content?

I smell BS. This whole watch purchase has become a nightmare. I got it for a great deal, but I paid the price I paid, for a complete package. They say it is. I disagree, but I'm now out of ebay's return's window via the authentication centre because of the lead times of the stuff coming from Geneva.

Do any of you categorically know if the AD is telling the truth re the extra keeper, or if they are talking out of their rear end to try and save themselves £350 (admittedly this mistake of theirs has already cost them dearly because of having to supply a strap and buckle to replace the missing one).

What would you do?

Thanks in advance...
cdencl is offline   Reply With Quote