The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 November 2019, 04:22 AM   #1
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

26331ST Blue/White - Go Gray or Botique?

Hi All,

I'm eyeing my first entry into AP for my collection after a heavy dose of Rolex sports. As far as I can gather from reading the sub-forum's collective wisdom is that it feels like it's hard to get anything without buying a code 11.59.

For experienced AP collectors, since I have no history, is getting a 26331ST Blue or White like trying to get a Rolex SS sports watch without history and I should just save myself the time and go gray? Doesn't look like the premium is very painful, but I wonder if I'll regret not building up a history with the boutiques later to get other pieces.

Any expierences or wisdom to share? Thank you all in advance!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 05:12 AM   #2
Helmi
"TRF" Member

The white should be easier to get from boutique than blue. And that will help you build history with them. Even the blue with some persistence they could allocate one for you with some wait.

Remember that 11.59 is just 5-10% of AP sales and the rest is mostly royal oak and off shore lines so I think it is reasonable to expect to get from them directly.
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 05:28 AM   #3
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

boutique - approach them. In my experience AP boutique under promise and over deliver.

Be patient with them too, AP in total only makes in the 40s k range annually. So supply by default is limited.
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 05:33 AM   #4
stainwriststeel
"TRF" Member

Can't comment on the experience in HK. However, i agree with above. I would wait it out.
stainwriststeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 05:34 AM   #5
Reign
"TRF" Member

Go to the boutique in January and ask for blue first then white. I’m almost certain they’ll allocate you one for delivery sometime in 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 06:39 AM   #6
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone for the inputs so far. Based on the advice I will just sit tight and wait it out. I actually went to visit the NYC Boutique last week.

Is going to one Boutique the same as going to them all? i.e. no point in having the name on the list in Miami or Paris because it's all the same system?
Old 5 November 2019, 07:10 AM   #7
supersam80
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN, 26331ST
I recently went grey on the white dial.

Reasons being, I paid retail price which if you hunt around a bit is possible, and if the discontinuation rumors end up being true then it may be hard to get the new model from a boutique for a couple of years, and look what happened to the price of the "easy" 15400 models when the 15500 was released
supersam80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 07:57 AM   #8
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Thank you everyone for the inputs so far. Based on the advice I will just sit tight and wait it out. I actually went to visit the NYC Boutique last week.

Is going to one Boutique the same as going to them all? i.e. no point in having the name on the list in Miami or Paris because it's all the same system?
go to as many as you could. they all have different allocations and different clients preferences. Some will be always on back order on chronos others might not have high demand.

good luck and drink their champagne LOL
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 09:28 AM   #9
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Go to a true company owned boutique, not an AD, and you will have a better chance
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 09:59 AM   #10
Mobert19
"TRF" Member

Bought mine here two weeks ago from a trusted seller BNIB for less than MSRP and avoided sales tax on the Panda just to give you some perspective.
Mobert19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 12:45 PM   #11
Amochosto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
I was told in both London and Toronto, that they thought they could get me one in a reasonable time frame. I was told by Christmas is possible in Toronto, and wasn’t really led to believe it was tough to source in the London boutique. The AP lady at Harrods just laughed at me though. I don’t know which reaction is more reflective of reality. I hope Toronto is correct.

Good luck in your quest!

Stupidity is doomed, therefore, to cringe at every syllable of wisdom

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Amochosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 01:01 PM   #12
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Go to enough AP boutiques and you are likely to be offered one. I was offered a white one last year but ended up with a 15500 in NYC. My friend was offered one in Miami. Both of us had no previous relationships with AP.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 10:08 PM   #13
Mobert19
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
Go to enough AP boutiques and you are likely to be offered one. I was offered a white one last year but ended up with a 15500 in NYC. My friend was offered one in Miami. Both of us had no previous relationships with AP.
Miami had one when I bought mine here. Just didn’t want to drive to Miami and pay sales tax either. Just keep asking.
Mobert19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2019, 10:23 PM   #14
N2theCAPE
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sky-Dweller
You shouldn't have a problem picking up a white dial or black, but if you truly want the blue then you'll have to wait as previously stated. If you plan on staying with AP then I would go directly to one of their boutiques. You'll get the watch you want and champagne. What's the rush to spend all that money?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
N2theCAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2019, 03:17 AM   #15
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amochosto View Post
I was told in both London and Toronto, that they thought they could get me one in a reasonable time frame. I was told by Christmas is possible in Toronto, and wasn’t really led to believe it was tough to source in the London boutique. The AP lady at Harrods just laughed at me though. I don’t know which reaction is more reflective of reality. I hope Toronto is correct.

Good luck in your quest!
NYC Material Good seemed to imply basically no chance as well. Hopefully NYC Boutique is under promising over delivering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobert19 View Post
Miami had one when I bought mine here. Just didn’t want to drive to Miami and pay sales tax either. Just keep asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2theCAPE View Post
You shouldn't have a problem picking up a white dial or black, but if you truly want the blue then you'll have to wait as previously stated. If you plan on staying with AP then I would go directly to one of their boutiques. You'll get the watch you want and champagne. What's the rush to spend all that money?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks for all the tips and pulse of the AP market for this newbie. Looks like I'll make the circuit to the other boutiques and cross my fingers.