The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 October 2019, 08:05 PM   #91
Monte Cristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
Hold on. Is there a wait for Richemont watches too? Amazing...

Deepsea JC = 126660
Old 19 October 2019, 09:13 PM   #92
Pete17
2024 Pledge Member

Picked up my SD50 here in Melb back in Feb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 20 October 2019, 01:23 PM   #93
fastrhino
"TRF" Member

I went into a Perth based AD on Friday and put my name down for SD43.

I was told I can only put my name down for a specific reference and until that order is filled I cannot put my name down for other models.

I was also told there would be no further correspondence until I am contacted when my watch is in stock.

I counted less than a dozen watches in stock all either ladies or small size gents DJs. no S/S anything at all, it was pretty pitiful for the only AD in the CBD.
fastrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 02:29 PM   #94
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrhino View Post

I was told I can only put my name down for a specific reference and until that order is filled I cannot put my name down for other models.

I was also told there would be no further correspondence until I am contacted when my watch is in stock.

I counted less than a dozen watches in stock all either ladies or small size gents DJs. no S/S anything at all, it was pretty pitiful for the only AD in the CBD.
At least they put your name down...
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 02:34 PM   #95
akilis
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5811/1G
Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
Same here over the Ditch. I asked two ADs about the new BLRO and they both said "We can't sell you one of those".

Then to really piss me off, my local AD sold their only Tudor Fifty-Eight to a VIP even though I was No.1 on the wait list
you cannot blame them to be honest..
akilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 02:35 PM   #96
akilis
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5811/1G
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypenny View Post
Calling all Aussies.. who in the last 12months has been able to purchase any stainless steel sports form an AD?
I think same here in Canada...Maybe better chance in the US
akilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 03:49 PM   #97
Sportsnerdy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

sounds promising to me
Sportsnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 05:07 PM   #98
SkyJuice
"TRF" Member

Quote:
no S/S anything at all,
This is the norm for Rolex worldwide currently.
SkyJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 06:55 PM   #99
paris88
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Good luck - had the same experience from AD for my SD43 in Melbourne. Name down in October 2018 and got the call up in June 2019.
(Only bought a 116520 white from same AD years ago)
paris88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2019, 10:59 PM   #100
Iame
"TRF" Member

In Aussie here. Had to wait 2 months to get DJ!!

To be fair, I wanted the 2019 DJ with specific combo and white roman dial. I have also put down my name down for a Rolex Explorer - but was told the list is long. So I then put my name for an OP - also a long list but was told shorter wait time vs the Explorer.

I can't believe how horrible stocks are in Oz. The second-hand retailers all sell above retail, for which I am not desperate to pay above retail as yet.
Iame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2019, 11:34 PM   #101
Paulledinh
"TRF" Member

I want to get my hands on a DJ41 blue dial smooth bezel and oyster bracelet, how hard are these to get?
Paulledinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 01:16 AM   #102
Greg 59
"TRF" Member

Lies on top of lies is my experience of AD's in oz. I have been told for well over 12 months that they have never seen a SS SkyD yet low and behold I get invited to an AD's Xmas party and what do I see but the said watch on another invitee. I had to go and introduce myself and compliment his lovely watch. He explained how he had been offered a choice of SS sports watches from a wide selection immediately after he'd just swiped the credit card on a 6 carat diamond ring for his wife which she was wearing at the same said Xmas gathering. When I quizzed him on what other watches he was offered, he hadn't a clue as "he's not really a watch person"! Another dealer on another occasion swore he'd never seen a SS BLRO and yet I'd already clocked one in a grey dealers window the previous month which when I went in and took a closer look I noticed had that AD's details on the warranty card. These Rolex dealers have no scruples. They just smile and offer nothing other than pleasantries to keep you dangling like that carrot on a string. I play their game but on my terms these days.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Greg 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 09:57 AM   #103
steve099
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg 59 View Post
Lies on top of lies is my experience of AD's in oz. I have been told for well over 12 months that they have never seen a SS SkyD yet low and behold I get invited to an AD's Xmas party and what do I see but the said watch on another invitee. I had to go and introduce myself and compliment his lovely watch. He explained how he had been offered a choice of SS sports watches from a wide selection immediately after he'd just swiped the credit card on a 6 carat diamond ring for his wife which she was wearing at the same said Xmas gathering. When I quizzed him on what other watches he was offered, he hadn't a clue as "he's not really a watch person"! Another dealer on another occasion swore he'd never seen a SS BLRO and yet I'd already clocked one in a grey dealers window the previous month which when I went in and took a closer look I noticed had that AD's details on the warranty card. These Rolex dealers have no scruples. They just smile and offer nothing other than pleasantries to keep you dangling like that carrot on a string. I play their game but on my terms these days.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
A mate works for a large AD here in AU and told me the other night they got 6 or 7 hot models in their December delivery including a blue SkyD in SS. Also got a black ceramic Daytona and a root beer. All items went to VIP waiting list members. I am also on the list for a rootbeer and he is a good friend but I am still waiting because of the way allocations work.

They are being delivered in small numbers is the point I am trying to make but allocation waiting lists are what gets preference. He further said that to them a VIP is someone who spends 1M plus a year across their various brands.
steve099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 05:19 PM   #104
Greg 59
"TRF" Member

Yep. AU$1million sounds about right from what I've been told too. It's a bitter pill to swallow but at least the concept of going grey is easier to reconcile. The most ridiculous notion is that these AD's standing behind their empty cabinets and display cases want you to believe that they have no stock but if you've ever been in business you will realise that their are rents to be paid, wages to be paid, heating and lighting bills to be paid, accounts to be reconciled each and every month. If they weren't selling enough to cover their overheads there would be discounts and sales across all the inventory. But NO... everything seems like "business as usual" when you walk through the door.
Greg 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 05:33 PM   #105
RoyALS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve099 View Post
A mate works for a large AD here in AU and told me the other night they got 6 or 7 hot models in their December delivery including a blue SkyD in SS. Also got a black ceramic Daytona and a root beer. All items went to VIP waiting list members. I am also on the list for a rootbeer and he is a good friend but I am still waiting because of the way allocations work.

They are being delivered in small numbers is the point I am trying to make but allocation waiting lists are what gets preference. He further said that to them a VIP is someone who spends 1M plus a year across their various brands.
Glad that I have no friends who work in any ADs. Such info will be a stab into my heart!

Was told by a salesperson that I am expected to wait 1 year for a Sub-ND.
RoyALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 05:38 PM   #106
wappinghigh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14270 14060
^> AD's are not your friends over here. I'm waiting for the Chinese miracle to collapse, the consequent next recession - and for all local AD's to go out of business. Then SS rolex to appear in every common duty free shop. That day will come IMO. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of blokes. No advice.
wappinghigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 08:01 PM   #107
InitialAndPitch
Banned

Watch: GMT-II BLRO PEPSI
There is almost a contempt being given off by most Rolex counter jumpers here in Aus. Little do they know that they are proving that they are becoming a less critical part of the sales model.

There is one AD I quite like. A talented and patient SA. My wife tried on a $AU1 million diamond ring in her store. The SA said that we’d have our choice of the desirable SS stock out back if we took that ice-cube.
InitialAndPitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 08:06 PM   #108
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve099 View Post

Spend 1 million a year ? That's not a VIP customer,its a grey dealer grabbing stock .
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2019, 09:00 PM   #109
DerekLorimer
"TRF" Member

There are plenty great alternatives to Rolex. I can't believe the prices that Rolex watches are going for now.
DerekLorimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2019, 07:38 AM   #110
Showcall
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Skydweller
I put my name down for BLNR a month ago.. let's see what happens next?
Showcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2019, 09:41 AM   #111
heuermonaco
"TRF" Member

Saw an Aus dealer i know just before Christmas - out of his store.

He’d just been to Switzerland where Rolex unveiled their new single watch display pads for their cabinets ... Rolex is mandating no more empty cushions on displays and is providing dealers with the display merchandising hardware to support this ... so it would seem no immediate stock flush is on the way in 2020 as all the AD displays will be minimised.

He confirmed yet again little or no stock of SS models - and even PM is getting scarce
heuermonaco is offline   Reply With Quote